General Category > Economy/Business

McDonald’s Boosting Average U.S. Wages to $17 an Hour to Recruit Workers

<< < (2/3) > >>

mountaineer:
The only fast food burger that ever sickened me was from White Castle. One bite, and I immediately had a splitting headache. Thought it was just a fluke, so quite a while later I tried another one, with the exact same effect. The thing is, when we're traveling, Mr. M always wants to take a break and stop at McD's, where he can get two of the little burgers, plain, with a small fries. I always stand there looking at the menu in desperation. Nothing. Bupkes. I usually end up just getting a soft drink.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on May 14, 2021, 11:18:33 pm ---The only fast food burger that ever sickened me was from White Castle. One bite, and I immediately had a splitting headache. Thought it was just a fluke, so quite a while later I tried another one, with the exact same effect. The thing is, when we're traveling, Mr. M always wants to take a break and stop at McD's, where he can get two of the little burgers, plain, with a small fries. I always stand there looking at the menu in desperation. Nothing. Bupkes. I usually end up just getting a soft drink.

--- End quote ---

Well, if it's any consolation to you, when the grands wanted to stop at McD's, I opted for one of their oatmeal cookies and bottled water.  Soft drinks ... not so much ... around here we get that chlorine after taste.

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on May 14, 2021, 10:40:34 pm ---I don't love anything on McD's menu enough to pay twice as much for it.

--- End quote ---
The last thing I used to eat from the McD's menu was their steak, egg and cheese bagel. They removed it from the menu last year and at least around here, it has never come back.

Nothing about their lunch or dinner menu appeals to me. The Chicken McNuggets are kids' food. They put onions in their ketchup, which tastes absolutely rancid to me (and I stopped eating ketchup for years as a kid because of it, never realizing it until adulthood when my brother, who apparently loves onions in his ketchup, remarked to me why he loves McDonald's hamburgers). They had a "signature crafted" line of sandwiches that I liked but are discontinued now as well.

A couple of weeks ago I was on an errand run at work and stopped at a McDonald's on my way back. I found nothing I wanted to eat and ended up going next door to the convenience store.

libertybele:
How long before Wendy's, Burger King and others follow suit?  No way will I pay double.

This is going to affect individual restaurants that are of higher quality as well.

In the long run this will tank the economy, force businesses to close and people will find themselves back on unemployment.  9999hair out0000

mountaineer:
Exactly the plan, Libertybele.  **nononono*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version