Author Topic: Being Woke Stinks: NYT Says Americans Should Take Fewer Showers for Environment  (Read 677 times)

rangerrebew

Being Woke Stinks: NYT Says Americans Should Take Fewer Showers for Environment
Joseph Vazquez
May 11th, 2021 9:40 AM

The New York Times recently argued that abandoning the bathtub and ditching social hygiene can save the planet. Unfortunately, that’s no joke.

The deranged Times story was headlined “See Fewer People. Take Fewer Showers.” Times “breaking news” reporter Maria Cramer propagandized how a preschool administrative assistant named Robin Harper allegedly has only “shower[ed] once a week” since the pandemic.

In Cramer’s estimation, “The new practice felt environmentally virtuous, practical and freeing. And it has stuck.” Cramer cheered how “[t]here are now indications that [showering less] has caused some Americans to become more spartan when it comes to ablutions.” Cramer’s story made as much sense as a 2020 Times op-ed headlined: “Stop Using Toilet Paper.” [Emphasis added.]

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2021/05/11/being-woke-stinks-nyt-says-americans-should-take-fewer

rangerrebew

We had better give up pooping and peeing because of all the water they use in flushing toilets.  We should stop immigrants coming to this country because of all the water they use over and above what we already use.  We should go back to fig leaves and other "natural" clothes because washing clothes uses so much water.  Hospitals should start catching rain water to avoid giving tap water to patients.  That would give more water for politicians to use because of the noxious stench which permeates the air around them and for which they need tons more water. :im waiting:

BassWrangler

We had better give up pooping and peeing because of all the water they use in flushing toilets.  We should stop immigrants coming to this country because of all the water they use over and above what we already use.  We should go back to fig leaves and other "natural" clothes because washing clothes uses so much water.  Hospitals should start catching rain water to avoid giving tap water to patients.  That would give more water for politicians to use because of the noxious stench which permeates the air around them and for which they need tons more water. :im waiting:

How about just the leftists do that. Lead by example.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The old saying from the 70's was:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

We had better give up pooping and peeing because of all the water they use in flushing toilets.

Nope, just give up flushing toilets.  Quit throwing away fertilizer.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The whacko's will not be happy till the US looks like India.   
1 toilet per 100K people and covid deaths in the millions.  Bodies stacked up like cord wood in the streets.

Bring out yer dead.

BassWrangler

The old saying from the 70's was:

Does not save water.

Online Wingnut

Does not save water.

I didn't have any "Etchings" either but It never stopped me from asking girls over to see them!

:)

Offline roamer_1

Nope, just give up flushing toilets.  Quit throwing away fertilizer.

True. No septic going in up in the holler. Three composting heaps. By the time the third one is full, (three years on), the first one is converted to dirt.

I am not sure about the use in the garden - Some say prions and such survive... But feeding it into a manure spreader and throwing it on the fields doesn't bother me at all.

The trick is how to make that whole thing functional without a whole lot of trouble. I am leaning toward a deck over the top, with a moveable outhouse on the deck. Simplest method - no handling at all.

Dunno. still penciling that out.  :pondering:

Offline thackney

True. No septic going in up in the holler. Three composting heaps. By the time the third one is full, (three years on), the first one is converted to dirt.

I am not sure about the use in the garden - Some say prions and such survive... But feeding it into a manure spreader and throwing it on the fields doesn't bother me at all.

The trick is how to make that whole thing functional without a whole lot of trouble. I am leaning toward a deck over the top, with a moveable outhouse on the deck. Simplest method - no handling at all.

Dunno. still penciling that out.  :pondering:

I would have doubts about want to spend time on that deck.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

I would have doubts about want to spend time on that deck.

It really doesn't stink. It is bedded regularly in straw. So only the working pile would be troublesome, and no more so than any outhouse. A vent stack takes care of that. And the removable superstructure puts the working end above the snow.

I have a plan for pass-through pits... take the boards down front and back, and take off the deck (built for it) and you can push it right through with a tractor... So handling will be as easy as it can get.

Not a fan of emptying buckets any more than I have to. I can make the trip to the outhouse - it is something I have done my whole life. But the minute there is a woman involved, an indoor bathroom will needfully apply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
NYT new motto:
"all the odor that's fit to stink"

Offline andy58-in-nh

Well, it took almost 50 years, but we're back in the 1970's!!!

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The whacko's will not be happy till the US looks like India.   
1 toilet per 100K people and covid deaths in the millions.  Bodies stacked up like cord wood in the streets.

Bring out yer dead.
Or smells like France

rangerrebew

Well, it took almost 50 years, but we're back in the 1970's!!!

Where did you get that video of Nazi Pelosi? :whistle: