Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

After Dating for 6 Months, Is it too Early to give your significant other THE key to your house?

<< < (3/10) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: thackney on May 06, 2021, 12:10:34 pm ---My girlfriend (now wife) and I had been on about 10 dates when I gave her a cashier's check and power of attorney to buy a house for cash.  I had been trying to get the deal closed before I returned to working overseas and they could not make it happen fast enough.

Granted, a couple of those dates lasted nearly a week each.

We had been friends for a couple of years but our courtship was mostly by mail the preceding 9 months or so.

--- End quote ---

I say you more or less gave her the keys to the whole kingdom. Glad it worked out for you.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: thackney on May 06, 2021, 12:10:34 pm ---My girlfriend (now wife) and I had been on about 10 dates when I gave her a cashier's check and power of attorney to buy a house for cash.  I had been trying to get the deal closed before I returned to working overseas and they could not make it happen fast enough.

Granted, a couple of those dates lasted nearly a week each.

We had been friends for a couple of years but our courtship was mostly by mail the preceding 9 months or so.

--- End quote ---

If she's the sort to calmly move into the traces and start pulling some load, you're more or less obliged to let her. It is just a matter of efficiency. She cannot represent you, or your household, without the tools to do so... so at least with me, that normalization comes quickly.

thackney:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 06, 2021, 06:19:45 pm ---If she's the sort to calmly move into the traces and start pulling some load, you're more or less obliged to let her. It is just a matter of efficiency. She cannot represent you, or your household, without the tools to do so... so at least with me, that normalization comes quickly.

--- End quote ---

:beer:

libertybele:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 06, 2021, 05:19:52 am ---Locks only keep honest people honest... Really.  :shrug:

--- End quote ---

This is very true.  No illegal activity anyways; always to aid and assist.    happy77

Wingnut:
Cash, Grass, or Ass ,no one gets a key for free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version