Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

After Dating for 6 Months, Is it too Early to give your significant other THE key to your house?

<< < (2/10) > >>

corbe:
    I never gave my last one a key and she lived here off/on for 10 years.  Granted when she was doing meth she could fit through my Doggie door.  Robin is much more financially off as I am.
    Besides, it's one of those locks that are easy to rekey anyway, if things go sideways, which I doubt.
    Robin has a lot to do with keeping me grounded, Good Women.

Yes, I voted the prostitution thing, too.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 06, 2021, 04:20:04 am ---The last time I got locked out I had to kick the door in. There goes three hundred bucks.
Then I remembered I could pick the lock... and my picks were in the truck.
Then I remembered there's a master set of keys for my place down at the ranch.
Sh*t. That's what happens when you ain't got a woman.

--- End quote ---

My best friend and I went out to the bar and when we left the bar I discovered that I locked my keys in the car...so...I had to call my boyfriend (now husband) that I just started dating at 2 a.m. in the morning to come rescue me....I knew he was handy with picks.  It was a tad tricky as there was a cop sitting across the street. All ended well though. We laugh now but it wasn't funny then.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 06, 2021, 04:37:12 am ---My best friend and I went out to the bar and when we left the bar I discovered that I locked my keys in the car...so...I had to call my boyfriend (now husband) that I just started dating at 2 a.m. in the morning to come rescue me....I knew he was handy with picks.  It was a tad tricky as there was a cop sitting across the street. All ended well though. We laugh now but it wasn't funny then.

--- End quote ---

Locks only keep honest people honest... Really.  :shrug:

roamer_1:
Kinda like passwords...  :whistle:

thackney:
My girlfriend (now wife) and I had been on about 10 dates when I gave her a cashier's check and power of attorney to buy a house for cash.  I had been trying to get the deal closed before I returned to working overseas and they could not make it happen fast enough.

Granted, a couple of those dates lasted nearly a week each.

We had been friends for a couple of years but our courtship was mostly by mail the preceding 9 months or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version