Author Topic: Alligator creates traffic delay on Fred Hartman Bridge {Houston}  (Read 369 times)

Offline thackney

Alligator creates traffic delay on Fred Hartman Bridge
https://abc13.com/alligator-on-fred-hartman-bridge-gator-freeway-baytown-texas-highway-146/10556581/

This may be a new one - an alligator blocked traffic along Highway 146 on the Fred Hartman Bridge, during the late morning Wednesday. The lunchtime commuter crowd got a show, as the reptile lounged for a bit along the shoulder of the northbound lanes before being reluctantly removed.

Harris County Precinct 8 deputies, Baytown police and state police animal control officers handled the scene. While law enforcement had the animal's best interests at heart, the gator wasn't easily convinced, initially backing away from officials.

Once tethered by a rope, the alligator thrashed and rolled. It took about five officers to bring the animal under control, duct taped and loaded in the bed of a pickup truck....

...Earlier on Wednesday, a cow got loose from a pasture and caused delays on I-10 near the East Beltway. It took the Harris County Sheriff's Office livestock unit about 20 minutes to corral the cow over to the nearby cemetery...

- - - - - - -

Fred Hartman Bridge over the Houston Ship Channel

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Alligator creates traffic delay on Fred Hartman Bridge {Houston}
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:11:26 pm »
For the record, I miss the tunnel.

I don't suppose we got lucky enough that "Lone Star Law" was filming at the time that event took place. What a great episode that would make!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Alligator creates traffic delay on Fred Hartman Bridge {Houston}
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 01:48:16 am »
For the record, I miss the tunnel.

I don't suppose we got lucky enough that "Lone Star Law" was filming at the time that event took place. What a great episode that would make!

Well we still have the Washburn Tunnel and the Lynchburg Ferry.