Author Topic: Turkey: Biden Has Frayed Relations with Ankara ‘Beyond Repair’  (Read 712 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turkey: Biden Has Frayed Relations with Ankara ‘Beyond Repair’

Gabrielle Reyes 28 Apr 2021

U.S. President Joe Biden has frayed relations between Ankara and Washington “beyond repair” with his recent statement using the word “genocide” to describe the 1915 Armenian genocide by Turkey, Turkey’s state-run Anadolu Agency argued Tuesday.

The Ottoman Empire enacted what is widely considered the first genocide of the modern world against Armenian, Assyrian Christian, and Greek populations in what is now Turkey. The Turkish government adamantly denies this occurred, claiming all those killed died in a war featuring violence on both sides, a claim not corroborated by historical evidence.

The Ottoman Empire was responsible for systematically killing as many as 1.5 million Armenians during the genocide, out of an estimated global population of 2 million. The genocide of Christian ethnic groups paved the way for the modern Republic of Turkey to be a majority Muslim nation.

“A new era has begun in Turkey-US relations since [U.S.] President Joe Biden took office on January 20. It is known that the two sides have their differences on many issues,” Yildiz Deveci Bozkuş, a professor at Ankara Yildirim Beyazit University’s Caucasus Studies department, wrote in an analysis piece for Anadolu Agency on April 27.

“However, it was not expected until the very last moment that Biden would add a new issue to those already at hand and take relations to a point beyond repair. On April 24, Biden used the expression ‘genocide’ in a message he published to commemorate the events of 1915,” Bozkuş wrote.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021/04/28/turkey-biden-has-frayed-relations-ankara-beyond-repair/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Turkey: Biden Has Frayed Relations with Ankara ‘Beyond Repair’
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 02:21:55 pm »
Ordinarily I'd sympathize with any criticism of Biden but in this case Turkey can go p*ss up a rope.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 05:28:35 pm »
...using the word “genocide” to describe the 1915 Armenian genocide by Turkey, Turkey’s state-run Anadolu Agency argued Tuesday....

I had to go look that up.  This made it sound like they used the term genocide themselves.   They did describe it differently:

Turkey's position on the events of 1915 is that the deaths of Armenians in eastern Anatolia took place when some sided with invading Russians and revolted against Ottoman forces. A subsequent relocation of Armenians resulted in numerous casualties.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/turkey-distorting-history-spurs-armenian-extremists/2221933
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 10:03:01 pm »
Agreed with skeeter above.

Turkey is not "a friend".

NO muslim nation is, nor can ANY muslim nation EVER be.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 10:13:53 pm »
Ordinarily I'd sympathize with any criticism of Biden but in this case Turkey can go p*ss up a rope.

Yep, it's the one thing from Biden I approve of.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 12:10:25 am »

Agreed.

Makes me wonder why the muslim puppeteer running Biden's Mouth would have done such a thing, or was this done without Obama's knowledge or consent?

These events are 100 years old.    The muslims are perpetually trying to hold the West accountable for a series of Crusades which were largely intended to repulse muslim conquest, and now the muslims are miffed that the West is determined to keep the muslim's practice of genocide out in the open?  Boohoohoo.

Just a reminder, we still haven't played Cowboys and Muslims yet.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 12:13:59 am »
Agreed.

Makes me wonder why the muslim puppeteer running Biden's Mouth would have done such a thing, or was this done without Obama's knowledge or consent?

These events are 100 years old.    The muslims are perpetually trying to hold the West accountable for a series of Crusades which were largely intended to repulse muslim conquest, and now the muslims are miffed that the West is determined to keep the muslim's practice of genocide out in the open?  Boohoohoo.

Just a reminder, we still haven't played Cowboys and Muslims yet.

Muslims are still sore about losing Andalusia, let alone Palestine. The west should be threatening to take back Constantinople.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 05:27:35 am »
Muslims are still sore about losing Andalusia, let alone Palestine. The west should be threatening to take back Constantinople.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk&ab_channel=UlduzMammadova

The Turks have a lot to pay for, like a hundred fifty plus years of enslaving the Hungarians.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 06:14:58 am »
No Muslim nation/kingdom/etc will ever like us, better pray they fear us.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 01:52:42 pm »
Yep, it's the one thing from Biden I approve of.
It is the approach which should be disappointing.

In political situations, there are ways to accomplish the same thing without stoking the fires publicly.

Biden threw finesse to the wind in his public rather than private rebuke, and ensured an enemy remains an enemy.

Biden has always been a foreign policy novice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 10:54:35 pm »
This is an EXCELLENT example of why Biden is NOT presidential, not even a little bit.  Anyone other than a Turk or a muslim would consider what happened to the Armenians 106 years ago as a major tragedy, and recognize it for what it was, mass genocide.

But Biden, clueless Biden,  goes and shoots his mouth off about it all.  Now, as all here know, I have no love for muslim states, but when it comes to the POTUS of the USA, you have to have some diplomatic skills.  Biden again is clueless.  Every time I see Jeff Dunham's Walter, I am reminded of Biden.  I don't know, but his senility will have him being James Watt most days of his presidency, and an embarrassment to the country.