Author Topic: In Florida and Texas, Americans Are Free to Be Americans  (Read 530 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In Florida and Texas, Americans Are Free to Be Americans
« on: April 28, 2021, 02:00:26 am »
They left everyone and everything they ever knew for a chance at a better life. Fleeing from the Soviet Union, my parents brought my older brother and I to America when I was just a baby.

They didn’t come here to try and make America like the very communist tyranny they had just escaped, but to embrace what America is all about: Freedom. They didn’t come to see woke-scolds stifle free speech with “cancel culture” or listen to critical race theory dogma being beaten into children—and even parents—at public schools. Nor did they settle here to face the same anti-Semitism peddled in the Soviet Union or its grotesque cousin, violence against Asian-Americans.

But, after decades of slowly tearing at the fabric of our nation, the Left is now ripping it to shreds. The “un-wasted opportunity” of the COVID-19 pandemic has only magnified their radicalism. Over the last year, Americans have seen churches fined and churchgoers imprisoned in the name of the coronavirus—a virus with a 99.7 percent survival rate. We have seen millions of small businesses closed, with the greatest concentration in Democrat-run states like Michigan. We have seen big-government Democrats like California Governor Gavin Newsom continue to impose restrictions on their constituents while playing by different rules, to the point where even the left-leaning mainstream media has cried foul.

more:  https://townhall.com/columnists/danbacker/2021/04/27/in-florida-and-texas-americans-are-free-to-be-americans-n2588618
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

Re: In Florida and Texas, Americans Are Free to Be Americans
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 02:08:54 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 12:28:52 pm »
Was visiting my daughter last week in a Dallas suburb, after she and family finally got out of the Seattle hellhole and moved to Texas.

While in line at a CVS, I engaged in conversation with a lady who coincidentally was from Seattle and had moved several years to Texas.

When she found out my daughter was from there, the first question she asked me was whether my daughter had brought blue-state politics with her to Texas.

I quickly consoled her by whipping out my Trump mask I keep in my pocket for emergencies and explained to her that my daughter had given it to me as a gift.  The lady was relieved.

So we finished the conversation in line discussing how Texas could separate into its own nation and enjoy its freedoms forever.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:32:01 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 05:50:51 pm »
Harris county Judge Lina Hidalgo and Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner were all over TV, and warned us that we would all die if the Governor opened up Texas back 6-8 weeks ago or so.
Heck, I think Lina started crying.

Now they say nothing about that, and have moved on to "voter suppression".

We could send Hidalgo,, Turner, and a player to be named later, off to a blue state for some poor soul there whose trapped in one.
So long, as mentioned before, they leave the blue state ways in the rearview mirror.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 09:35:59 pm »
Harris county Judge Lina Hidalgo and Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner were all over TV, and warned us that we would all die if the Governor opened up Texas back 6-8 weeks ago or so.
Heck, I think Lina started crying.

Now they say nothing about that, and have moved on to "voter suppression".

We could send Hidalgo,, Turner, and a player to be named later, off to a blue state for some poor soul there whose trapped in one.
So long, as mentioned before, they leave the blue state ways in the rearview mirror.

You are just a dern Neanderthal!