Author Topic: U.S. Navy Ship Fired Warning Shots At Iranian Boats After Close Encounter  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. Navy Ship Fired Warning Shots At Iranian Boats After Close Encounter

Joe WalshForbes Staff
Business
I cover breaking news for Forbes.

Updated Apr 27, 2021, 05:12pm EDT

Topline

Iranian fast-attack boats charged at two U.S. ships in the Persian Gulf on Monday evening, causing one of the U.S. vessels to fire warning shots, the U.S. Navy said Tuesday, a tense moment as the two countries aim to re-enter an international nuclear deal.

Key Facts

Three armed speed boats operated by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps came within 68 yards of a U.S. Navy coastal patrol boat and a U.S. Coast Guard patrol boat operating in international waters of the Persian Gulf, the Navy said in a statement.

U.S. personnel tried to hail the Iranian ships over the radio, but they did not respond, leading the Navy to fire warning shots that caused the ships to speed away.

The Navy said the action violated the international maritime rules of the road, and “increased the risk of miscalculation and/or collision.”

The Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs did not respond to a request for comment.

Crucial Quote

“The U.S. is not an aggressor; our naval forces remain postured in a non-provocative manner,” the Navy said in a statement. “Our forces are trained, however, to conduct effective defensive measures when necessary.”

more
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/04/27/us-navy-ship-fired-warning-shots-at-iranian-boats-after-close-encounter/?sh=666875da44e1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Considering either (1) we are energy indepedent or (2) Pedo Joe wants to kill the oil industry,,...  why are we even there?  This needs to be a EU problem.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Considering either (1) we are energy indepedent or (2) Pedo Joe wants to kill the oil industry,,...  why are we even there?  This needs to be a EU problem.

While our imports from the Persian Gulf are only 1/10 of what they used to be, I would wager that number will increase before the next presidential election.

U.S. Imports from Persian Gulf Countries of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MTTIMUSPG2&f=M
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When I read this my thoughts are, within 68 yards and warning shots are fired? Oh hell no! You want to send a warning? Put the fast boats and their crews on the bottom, that's a warning they can't mistake. I don't think we should be there either but there should be no doubt in the grand mullah poobah's mind that we will not allow anyone to screw with our service men's (and WOMANs) safety. And the next time they come with 100 yards give them the same.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:20:49 pm by GtHawk »

Offline libertybele

Joe has no idea, he's only taking orders.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Funny how they didn't try these games when we had a real American in the White House, they waited until the election was stolen and a senile puppet was installed.

And the senile puppet is following orders and doing everything it can to terminate America's new-found energy independence.   It's what the Russians, the Chinese and the Iranians/Saudis want.

If we kept our energy independence, naturally the question to follow over time would have been "why are we wasting our time and money in the Persian Gulf?  If Europe and China had to spend their own money policing the region to protect their own energy supplies, our sales of oil would be stronger...and our Navy expenses would be lower."
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.