Author Topic: Shh — The Media Doesn't Seem To Want You To Know COVID-19 Cases Are Plummeting Nationally  (Read 214 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shh — The Media Doesn't Seem To Want You To Know COVID-19 Cases Are Plummeting Nationally

Dylan Housman
General Assignment & Analysis Reporter
April 26, 2021 8:37 PM ET

Exactly four weeks ago, CDC director Rochelle Walensky and President Joe Biden said they felt a sense of “impending doom” about a forthcoming wave of COVID-19 cases.

When Walensky made that statement on March 29, the national 7-day average in new COVID-19 cases was 62,515 and modestly rising. Today, it’s 54,405 and falling. Biden and his CDC director feared the worst and appear to be incorrect about a second wave.

Case numbers trended upward in late March and early April, but the 7-day average has now declined for 12 of the last 13 days and is back to mid-March levels. Deaths have mostly flattened, rather than increased, when cases saw a brief bump, and Sunday the CDC reported 294 new deaths. That’s the lowest single-day number since Sept. 7.

Despite the overwhelming abundance of good news to share about the coronavirus pandemic in the United States — cases and deaths are falling, vaccines seem to be working exceptionally well and new variants aren’t causing the hiccups some feared — positive coverage of the pandemic is hard to find in American media.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/26/covid-19-coronavirus-media-vaccine-rochelle-walensky-joe-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

Shh — The Media Doesn't Seem To Want You To Know COVID-19 Cases Are Plummeting Nationally

Dylan Housman
General Assignment & Analysis Reporter
April 26, 2021 8:37 PM ET

Exactly four weeks ago, CDC director Rochelle Walensky and President Joe Biden said they felt a sense of “impending doom” about a forthcoming wave of COVID-19 cases.

When Walensky made that statement on March 29, the national 7-day average in new COVID-19 cases was 62,515 and modestly rising. Today, it’s 54,405 and falling. Biden and his CDC director feared the worst and appear to be incorrect about a second wave.

Case numbers trended upward in late March and early April, but the 7-day average has now declined for 12 of the last 13 days and is back to mid-March levels. Deaths have mostly flattened, rather than increased, when cases saw a brief bump, and Sunday the CDC reported 294 new deaths. That’s the lowest single-day number since Sept. 7.

Despite the overwhelming abundance of good news to share about the coronavirus pandemic in the United States — cases and deaths are falling, vaccines seem to be working exceptionally well and new variants aren’t causing the hiccups some feared — positive coverage of the pandemic is hard to find in American media.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/26/covid-19-coronavirus-media-vaccine-rochelle-walensky-joe-biden/

I didn't understand why she made that "impending doom" comment. The only state showing a significant upswing in cases at the time was Michigan, and they've since peaked and are on the way back down. It was an irrational comment.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That shill Fauci and the CDC idiot will be predicting a 5th 6th 7th wave this fall.  It is how they will try to keep control of the maskholes and try and keep people in a covid cocoon,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

My state of Wisconsin reported ZERO!!! deaths yesterday from the virus for the first time in I don't know how many months.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
My state of Wisconsin reported ZERO!!! deaths yesterday from the virus for the first time in I don't know how many months.

Set'em up Joe....a round of Fitger's and Grain Belt for everyone!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.