Author Topic: DOJ launches probe of Louisville police after fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor  (Read 227 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ launches probe of Louisville police after fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor
By Rebecca Beitsch and John Kruzel - 04/26/21 01:52 PM EDT

Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Monday that the Department of Justice (DOJ) would launch an investigation into the Louisville Police Department, the second such probe announced in the past week.

The so-called pattern or practice investigation comes after the death of Breonna Taylor, an African American woman who was killed last year by Louisville police during a no-knock raid on her apartment.

“Those investigations, and the recommendations and actions that ensue, do not only protect individual civil rights. They also assist police departments in developing measures to increase transparency and accountability,” Garland said in the announcement at the department's headquarters.

The move tees up greater federal oversight of local police departments, giving the DOJ an avenue to bring civil suits against police departments with a pattern of using excessive force or discriminatory practices against certain groups of people, such as people of color or people with disabilities.

The DOJ on Wednesday kicked off the first such probe under the Biden administration, announcing in the wake of the guilty verdict in Derek Chauvin's murder trial that it would launch an investigation into the Minneapolis Police Department. Chauvin was found guilty of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/550302-doj-launches-probe-of-louisville-police-department
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why can't a Republican President ever get a lap-dog AG like the Rats do.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Wasn’t this already investigated? It seems we’re going to investigate everything until we get the results we want
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy