Author Topic: Why don’t we let kids knife fight like the good old days? Charles Cooke  (Read 190 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Why don’t we let kids knife fight like the good old days?
Charles Cooke April 23, 2021 | 5:02pm

Just when I thought that America couldn’t possibly get any softer, people start suggesting that there’s a role for the police in preventing knife murders. The snowflake generation strikes once again.

Is there any tradition that the radicals won’t ruin? As the brilliant Bree Newsome pointed out on Twitter, “Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons.” And now people are calling the cops on them? I ask: Is this a self-governing country or not? When Newsome says, “We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon,” she may be expressing a view that is unfashionable these days. But she’s right.

Disappointingly, my colleague, columnist Phil Klein, has felt compelled to join the critics. Phil asked in a sarcastic tone whether the police should “somehow treat teenage knife fights as they would harmless roughhousing and simply ignore it.” My answer to this is: Yes, that’s exactly what they should do — yes, even if they are explicitly called to the scene. I don’t know where Phil grew up, but where I spent my childhood, Fridays were idyllic: We’d play some football, try a little Super Mario Bros, have a quick knife fight, and then fire up some frozen pizza before bed. And now law enforcement is getting involved? This is political correctness gone mad.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/04/23/why-dont-we-let-kids-knife-fight-like-the-good-old-days/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Cooke is being supremely sarcastic, but I'll bet a great many libs believe in the "knife fights are common and good, clean fun" nonsense.
The nation has gone insane.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A well choreographed knife fight is great entertainment. If there had been chains involved... like say when Joe Biden confronted Corn Pop and his straight razor with that bicycle chain... that would be mo better.
 I think it would have been great if when the cuttin' was done The only part that wasn't bloody
Was the soles of the big girls feet, ooh
And bonus points if she was cut in about a hundred places.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
A well choreographed knife fight is great entertainment. If there had been chains involved... like say when Joe Biden confronted Corn Pop and his straight razor with that bicycle chain... that would be mo better.
 I think it would have been great if when the cuttin' was done The only part that wasn't bloody
Was the soles of the big girls feet, ooh
And bonus points if she was cut in about a hundred places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCGR9_GdhA&ab_channel=TwoWordsOneStage

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let me put on my Scrooge robes, and state:

"If blacks had want to fight and kill each other using knives and guns, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population..."