Author Topic: Just how scary is the COVID outbreak in India right now?  (Read 5045 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Just how scary is the COVID outbreak in India right now?
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 09:09:51 pm »
Coronavirus is a 'cold virus'.  It will be with us forever.   It will always show up on tests.  It has already mutated. 

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 09:46:04 pm »
The real question I have here is that for months, people were looking at India, expecting this to happen, and yet it never did. Why now? This was SUPPOSED to happen. India is so densely populated that this virus was bound to explode regardless of any intervention, and yet for a year, it never did. We speculated that maybe it was an anti-tuberculosis vaccine or maybe the widespread use of HCQ... but then it hit. Why didn't it hit sooner?

There is so much about this situation and this virus that none of us understand.

Agree.  100%.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2021, 10:46:09 pm »
@PeteS in CA
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

Pete/roam/Liberty, I think these "plagues" will never cease; new strains will keep killing across the world.  God is using nature which man cannot control, in these last days, against the entire world.  It appears almost every "nature event" that has happened in the past three years has been the worst of its kind ever known.  Water, cold, heat, plagues, fires, volcanos, and I think what is left to add to world suffering is God's skyward nature.  Think of the objects from above that can kill.

There wasn't anything "natural" about this virus from China.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2021, 10:50:45 pm »
There wasn't anything "natural" about this virus from China.
No there wasn’t. One thing is for certain, now that the authoritarians have gotten such wonderful results from this ‘pandemic’ we can be sure there’ll be an endless stream of them or something like them from now on.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2021, 11:58:39 pm »
I can believe China engineered and released this disease on purpose. They are the one country that seems to have escaped any significant economic impact from it. They used their authoritarian control to implement draconian steps early and got ahead of the disease quickly. They delayed telling the rest of the world about it so that it could spread there. Meanwhile the western countries tanked their economies with lock-downs. China has escaped any and all accountability for this so far, and with Xiden in office, accountability is not likely to come from the US.

One of Trump's Third Term campaign themes should be "Chinese Reparations for the Chinese Virus".
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 12:00:34 am »
One of Trump's Third Term campaign themes should be "Chinese Reparations for the Chinese Virus".

Do it now.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 12:03:14 am »
The gulf between the rich and poor in India makes the corresponding gap in the US look like a crack in the sidewalk.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

India’s Health Care System In ‘Total Collapse’ As COVID Surge ‘Ravages’ Country

https://www.dailywire.com/news/indias-health-care-system-in-total-collapse-as-covid-surge-ravages-country

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Fauci: US Will Consider Sending AstraZeneca Vaccine to COVID-Hit India

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/fauci-az-vaccine-india/2021/04/25/id/1018923/

Some background info:

1. As of this AM, AZ has not applied for EUA in the US.

2. There is a contract in place (signed last summer) whereby 300M doses are on order contingent on AZ receiving EUA.

3. One of the countries in which AZ's vaccine is produced is India, though I don't know the volume or contractual commitments.

4. If one compares India to other countries here, https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations , just ~8.5% of India's population has received at least one vaccine dose, while that number is ~41.8% for the US. EuroLand countries are probably north of 22%.

What is our liability exposure of sending a non-approved vaccine to India if some percentage of Indians die from it?

I think the US has to be absolved of all liability, in writing, by the indian government, prohibiting any lawsuit in any American court over the use of the drug if sent to India or anywhere else.

If they don't like the terms of that agreement, they can die without it.   All the same to me.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 12:04:10 am »
Do it now.

Ain't gonna happen with a Slut and an Senile Idiot posturing as the Co-Puppets Of the USA for China's pleasure.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 12:05:08 am »
Ain't gonna happen with a Slut and an Senile Idiot posturing as the Co-Puppets Of the USA for China's pleasure.

Not that. Have Trump start yammering for it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2021, 12:07:43 am »
Give the reparations to the...Indians...

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2021, 03:04:44 pm »
What is our liability exposure of sending a non-approved vaccine to India if some percentage of Indians die from it?

AZ's vaccine is approved for use in India (as well as in the UK and EuroLand). It also is being produced in India (just not enough, at this point, to serve the whole country).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2021, 03:39:17 pm »
State Department Warns Americans To Leave India As Deaths Surge - "It's Like A Mass Killing"
by Tyler Durden
Thursday, Apr 29, 2021 - 10:37 AM
As India reports growing numbers of COVID-19 deaths every day, the US and other nations are sending critical supplies while cutting off travel links. But Washington has just taken its first steps toward an evacuation as it warns all Americans still in India that it's time to get out of Dodge.  ...

As President Biden dithers about whether to support a WTO motion from India and South Africa asking for a waiver for vaccine IP so developing nations can start producing their own jabs instead of relying upon (and enriching) American pharma giants, corporations like Amazon have been chipping in with aid, with the Bezos-controlled tech giant airlifting 100 ICU ventilators. Private Equity giant Blackstone has reportedly committed $5 million to India relief.

Meanwhile, the scenes at hospitals, crematoriums and neighbors around the country have been described as "like a mass killing" by one activist fighting India's devastating second wave. According to NBC News, cremtoriums have had to forgo the rituals that Hindus believe release the soul from the body during the cycle of rebirth. And it's not just crematoriums, Muslim burial yards in New Delhi are running out of space.
ZeroHedge

Hmm. "Like a mass killing" sounds like this unnamed activist is implying it's intentional (on someone's part, can you say "China"?).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 04:49:18 pm »
State Department Warns Americans To Leave India As Deaths Surge - "It's Like A Mass Killing"
by Tyler Durden
Thursday, Apr 29, 2021 - 10:37 AMZeroHedge

Hmm. "Like a mass killing" sounds like this unnamed activist is implying it's intentional (on someone's part, can you say "China"?).
That'll teach those Indians to beat the Chinese like a drum on the border.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2021, 04:51:08 pm »
I heard there are areas in the country where vaccines are about to expire, and may be wasted.  Too bad these can't be diverted to help put a dent in this mess in India.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2021, 04:52:26 pm »
Coronavirus is a 'cold virus'.  It will be with us forever.   It will always show up on tests.  It has already mutated.

Yeah, but how many variants of the common cold will dissolve your lungs?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2021, 04:58:35 pm »
From https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-55748124

Sputnik V, Covishield, Covaxin: What we know about India's Covid-19 vaccines

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is being manufactured locally by the Serum Institute of India, the world's largest vaccine manufacturer. It says it is producing more than 60 million doses a month.

60 million doses a month is impressive ... until one compares that to India's ~1.4 billion people population. At that production rate the 1.4 billionth dose would be produced in the 21st month.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 10:12:33 pm »
Give the reparations to the...Indians...

Send US tax money to one of the largest muslim populations in the world?

Bad idea.

We need a Reparations Moratorium.   Unless we can get the (b)lacks to pay for repairing the damage they've done to the cities and the nation over the last 60 years.

Offline DB

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2021, 10:44:51 pm »

Bad idea.

We need a Reparations Moratorium.   Unless we can get the (b)lacks to pay for repairing the damage they've done to the cities and the nation over the last 60 years.

Isn't Indonesia the largest Muslim population in the world?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2021, 10:55:57 pm »

Bad idea.

I meant OUR Indians.  wink777  22chief

You're new here. I want EVERY moslem gone, down to the last one. EVERY EFFING ONE. And destroy all trace of islam from the land, books, and memory.

And stop calling them muslims. moslem is now a slur. Spit. It wasn't when I was over there. EFF THEM ALL.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2021, 11:10:08 pm »
The USA is sending tens of billions overseas, even for would be enemies.  Heck, we give Russia foreign aid.  Why?  Got me!!!  Last I looked, we were giving Russia $150 million in aid.

I understand occupying Afghanistan, I don't Iraq.  Iraq has plenty of revenue to build their military for defense, Afghanistan doesn't.  We have been in both countries for nearly 20 years, and yet our so called training is not in evidence.

We have troops in 140 countries.  Why?  Makes no sense to me, unless those countries are paying for us to be there, starting with Germany.  Germany, who year in and year out does not pay their fair share for NATO.

That is a popular expression of Wrecking Ball Joe, "fair share".  He uses is frequently in reference to corporations paying taxes, and the rich.  Well, I doubt we hear him bark at the nations of Europe that do not pay their fair share for NATO.  He will have the USA taxpayers once again supporting the whole shibang again.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2021, 11:11:34 pm »
They just announced we are sending $100 million in aid to India.  It is good we have so much taxpayer money laying around to spend such for India.  I doubt the total aid from all other nations does not add up to what we are spending.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2021, 11:20:12 pm »
They just announced we are sending $100 million in aid to India.  It is good we have so much taxpayer money laying around to spend such for India.  I doubt the total aid from all other nations does not add up to what we are spending.

It doesn't mean anything and is only for the optics. $100 million is a low number, globally.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2021, 11:32:38 pm »
Yeah, but how many variants of the common cold will dissolve your lungs?
All the ones which were engineered to...
Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein. On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Our work suggests a potential risk of SARS-CoV re-emergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2021, 11:40:57 pm »
All the ones which were engineered to...

Exactly.