Author Topic: Just how scary is the COVID outbreak in India right now?  (Read 5017 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Just how scary is the COVID outbreak in India right now?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2021, 11:45:18 pm »
Yeah, but how many variants of the common cold will dissolve your lungs?

Almost all, as pneumonia is a side effect. Some are saying the actual bio-weapon, IS the vaccine.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2021, 11:48:15 pm »
Send US tax money to one of the largest muslim populations in the world?

Bad idea.

We need a Reparations Moratorium.   Unless we can get the (b)lacks to pay for repairing the damage they've done to the cities and the nation over the last 60 years.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2021, 08:19:58 am »
Isn't Indonesia the largest Muslim population in the world?

Might be.   Does it matter that much?   I'm not ever going to either place.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2021, 08:20:53 am »
I meant OUR Indians.  wink777  22chief

You're new here. I want EVERY moslem gone, down to the last one. EVERY EFFING ONE. And destroy all trace of islam from the land, books, and memory.

And stop calling them muslims. moslem is now a slur. Spit. It wasn't when I was over there. EFF THEM ALL.

We don't owe the North American aborigines anything, either.

BTW, I've never owned a North American aborigine, what do you mean by "our"?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:22:36 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2021, 08:22:01 am »
It doesn't mean anything and is only for the optics. $100 million is a low number, globally.

$0 is a lower number and much nicer to the US taxpayer.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2021, 12:58:27 pm »
India reports another record high in COVID-19 cases as hospitals overwhelmed

India on Friday reported a new record spike in daily COVID-19 cases while the country grapples with the devastating wave pushing its health system to a brink.

The country’s health ministry recorded 386,452 cases over a 24-hour period and 3,498 deaths, CNBC reported. The figure is the highest daily caseload reported across the world, shattering the previous record established by the country just days prior.

There have been more than 18.7 million cases and 208,000 deaths reported since the onset of the pandemic, making it the second hardest hit country in the world behind the United States, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/551114-india-reports-another-record-high-in-covid-19-cases-as-hospitals
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2021, 01:02:38 pm »
$0 is a lower number and much nicer to the US taxpayer.

We should send no foreign aid to anyone. But we send billions
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2021, 02:14:26 pm »
myst,  you posted, "India reports another record high in COVID-19 cases as hospitals overwhelmed  India on Friday reported a new record spike in daily COVID-19 cases while the country grapples with the devastating wave pushing its health system to a brink."
@mystery-ak
@bigheadfred
@Cyber Liberty

I heard this morning a comment from a CNN anchor that tells me India has the same hospital system as England/Wales.  The anchor said this in regard to India: "If you can't afford a private hospital, you end up here."  There was a picture of people waiting for oxygen.

The operative two words are, "PRIVATE HOSPITAL".
Here is how a private hospital system works in England/Wales (all of the UK).  Since son has lived there over twenty-five years, I know how their health system works.

Medical care is free in the UK.  Get in line for care; no appointments made.  Need an operation?  Get in line, likely a month or more waiting for your operation.  UNLESS....

You have a private health plan you pay for.  Choose your doctor and make an appointment, not a long wait to see a doctor.  Not long wait for surgery.  Free care people go to a free care place.  Private plan people go to the office of the doctor.  Doctors see their private care patients at their offices.  They go to the free care place at designated times to give the free care.  HOWEVER, if one goes to the free care place and is likely to be dying, bleeding out, etc., that person is seen right then.

There are two types of hospitals.  Free hospitals and private health plan hospitals.  Be in a ward in free hospitals.  Be in private room in private hospitals. 

A person I knew in the UK, had free care.  She had a bleeding ulcer and was put in the free hospital.  She had to stay there a number of days and was in a ward.  She said she could not rest as others in there were always moving around and making noise.  She could not get a nurse to help her.  When she got out of there, she immediately got a private plan.  This "liberal to the left of Stalin" person had the free care to show she was for the common people.   That was fine until she had to experience what free care was really like, then she separated herself from the "common" people and got the private plan.

Back to India:  Appears to be the same system as UK - free plan, and private plan.  My supposition is, if there are limited oxygen tanks, they would be in the private plan hospitals and not in the free care.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2021, 03:08:07 pm »
Almost all, as pneumonia is a side effect 1. Some are saying the actual bio-weapon, IS the vaccine 2.

1 The pneumonia is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is not a "side effect".

2 That is stupid, on multiple levels. There is no "the vaccine", singular. There are, currently, three vaccines approved for use in the US, not one. The Pfizer vaccine was developed by the German company BioNTech. The J&J vaccine was developed by their Belgian subsidiary, Janssen Research. Moderna's is the only currently approved vaccine developed in the US. The idea that any one of those companies created a "bio-weapon" is ridiculous, and the idea that the three together did is ludicrous.

The "some" who "are saying" "the vaccine" is a "bio-weapon" are displaying their multi-level ignorance and stupidity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2021, 05:02:51 pm »
1 The pneumonia is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is not a "side effect".

2 That is stupid, on multiple levels. There is no "the vaccine", singular. There are, currently, three vaccines approved for use in the US, not one. The Pfizer vaccine was developed by the German company BioNTech. The J&J vaccine was developed by their Belgian subsidiary, Janssen Research. Moderna's is the only currently approved vaccine developed in the US. The idea that any one of those companies created a "bio-weapon" is ridiculous, and the idea that the three together did is ludicrous.

The "some" who "are saying" "the vaccine" is a "bio-weapon" are displaying their multi-level ignorance and stupidity.

Pete you have some real issue with me.  You got sick. Had the 'flu', now you think you are special and an authority on covid.  Most of us don't know, what is going on.  Your thinly veiled INSULTS to me, are obvious. Why are you such a prk?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2021, 05:05:46 pm »
Based on Dr. Kaufman's videos', and my friend from another site. Things to consider.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://odysee.com/@DrAndrewKaufman:f/3 ... 2892-(1):1

From just a logical point of view alone, you can see that saying a disease has been positively identified and yet, can be asymptomatic, is ridiculous unless it's part of a hoax, which in that case, an asymptomatic disease becomes a very useful tool.

Think about it. We're told that COVID19 can have the symptoms of a hundred other diseases, everything from tuberculosis, to lung cancer to the common cold and even allergies.....It can have everything from multiple symptoms of things like gun shot wounds, falling in the bathtub injuries, to no symptoms at all....Everything from a goat to a papaya has tested positive on the accepted test for COVID19, which is the RT-PCR test.

So....with these facts in mind, on this basis alone, you can deduce that it is a hoax logically....If EVERYTHING can be mis-labled as COVID now....then does the disease COVID actually exist? If you can't isolate the symptoms, let alone the thing that is causing the symptoms, how can you create a cure for it? It's like attempting to cure the "effect" without knowing the cause...or in this case, misidentifying the cause in a thousand different ways.

And  so we come to the idea of a vaccine itself which has questionable logic, because the idea is ostensibly to inoculate a person from the effects of a disease before they get it and before the CAUSE of the disease is known...So right there, you run into a logical error, because you're attempting to now treat for the future effects of an unknown or misidentified cause....Would anyone argue that it's appropriate to treat for the symptoms of a common cold with a vaccine for a virus that has never been identified and isolated/purified out of a solution of genetic fluid?

And yet, that's what you're doing here. People don't seem to have the logical reasoning power to grasp the error in this thought process.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2021, 05:20:39 pm »
Medical care is free in the UK.

It most certainly is not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2021, 05:48:15 pm »
Pete you have some real issue with me.  You got sick. Had the 'flu', now you think you are special and an authority on covid.  Most of us don't know, what is going on.  Your thinly veiled INSULTS to me, are obvious. Why are you such a prk?

No, I do not "have some real issue with" you. I responded to the misinformation you posted.

I do not "think (I am) special and an authority on covid". However, I have been following Covid news rather closely for over a year, because I knew it would be exploited politically, and because my family has been affected by it since early February (I am not referring the shutdown and mask stuff).

I did not have the "flu". The influenza viruses and SARS-CoV-2 virus are very different viruses. The tests that confirmed I had Covid are very specific and won't give a positive result for an influenza virus.

Where did I insult you, @LegalAmerican? Please quote me exactly and give the link.

"Why are you such a prk?" Nice hypocrisy
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2021, 07:31:29 pm »
State Department Urges American Citizens To Leave India As COVID-19 Crisis Worsens

https://www.dailywire.com/news/state-department-urges-american-citizens-to-leave-india-as-covid-19-crisis-worsens

The United States Department of State issued a warning Wednesday urging American citizens traveling abroad in India to leave as soon as they are able amid concerns that India’s worsening COVID-19 pandemic has officially become a crisis.

“The high-level travel advisory posted Wednesday noted that ‘access to all types of medical care is becoming severely limited in India due to the surge in Covid-19 cases,'” The Washington Post reported. “U.S. citizens who wish to depart India should take advantage of available commercial transportation options now.”

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2021, 07:49:10 pm »
Where's the World Health Organization?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:33 pm »
February last year LIEden denounced Trump's China travel shutdown as xenophobic. This year LIEden shut down travel from India.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2021, 10:24:00 pm »
US death rate -    1.78%
India death rate - 1.10%
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2021, 04:56:35 am »
We don't owe the North American aborigines anything, either.

BTW, I've never owned a North American aborigine, what do you mean by "our"?
Tell my wife that. Her people lost over 10 million acres to the tax and steal gambit. A government they were trying to get along with gave them (nice wasn't it) title to their land, then took it for 'back' taxes. All legal like. Just like the carpetbaggers did, and they had plenty of practice.

Now, she isn't playing victim over it, and isn't demanding a cent of 'reparations', just a fair statement of what happened.

Because something like it is coming again...it's just a question of when.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2021, 05:23:30 am »
Based on Dr. Kaufman's videos', and my friend from another site. Things to consider.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://odysee.com/@DrAndrewKaufman:f/3 ... 2892-(1):1

From just a logical point of view alone, you can see that saying a disease has been positively identified and yet, can be asymptomatic, is ridiculous unless it's part of a hoax, which in that case, an asymptomatic disease becomes a very useful tool.

Think about it. We're told that COVID19 can have the symptoms of a hundred other diseases, everything from tuberculosis, to lung cancer to the common cold and even allergies.....It can have everything from multiple symptoms of things like gun shot wounds, falling in the bathtub injuries, to no symptoms at all....Everything from a goat to a papaya has tested positive on the accepted test for COVID19, which is the RT-PCR test.

So....with these facts in mind, on this basis alone, you can deduce that it is a hoax logically....If EVERYTHING can be mis-labled as COVID now....then does the disease COVID actually exist? If you can't isolate the symptoms, let alone the thing that is causing the symptoms, how can you create a cure for it? It's like attempting to cure the "effect" without knowing the cause...or in this case, misidentifying the cause in a thousand different ways.

And  so we come to the idea of a vaccine itself which has questionable logic, because the idea is ostensibly to inoculate a person from the effects of a disease before they get it and before the CAUSE of the disease is known...So right there, you run into a logical error, because you're attempting to now treat for the future effects of an unknown or misidentified cause....Would anyone argue that it's appropriate to treat for the symptoms of a common cold with a vaccine for a virus that has never been identified and isolated/purified out of a solution of genetic fluid?

And yet, that's what you're doing here. People don't seem to have the logical reasoning power to grasp the error in this thought process.
All I can scientifically deduce is that between the conflicts of interest inherent in political and pecuniary motivation, the entire data set has been so viciously corrupted that is difficult to tell much of anything at all.

We can't be sure of much besides some people who test positive get very sick and some of them die.

We can't trust the tests because of false positives.

Many of the heavily publicized "experiments" run  by medical researchers only proved that incomplete treatments (pharmaceutical regimens missing key components) given in the late stages of the disease are generally ineffective.

Early treatment is the key to defeating almost any disease, from a skin infection to cancer, but the lockdown protocols which required isolation were keeping patients from receiving treatment until the disease progressed enough for the patient to become critical, at which point, a pharmacology aimed at preventing viral replication and damage was too late.

They did not disprove the efficacy of the complete regimens [ivermectin/doxycycline/zinc or HCQ/Azithromycin/zinc] given at the earliest stages of the disease, because those well-publicized studies did not administer the full regimen at the early stages of the disease, and studies which did were censored because they showed early treatment to be effective when the entire regimen was used.

While HCQ was the ionophore of choice in the Zelenko Protocol, a related and less tolerable drug (Chloroquine) was ballyhooed in the media for having some nasty side effects (especially in high doses, which is true), but the dosages administered to study patients were far too high, in one study, 3X the LD50 for the drug, and it was not even the same drug. Capitalizing on the general ignorance of the public, the media mad great noise over the side effects of a drug that sounded like the star ionophore in the Zelenko Protocol in an effort (largely successful in some parts) to dissuade people from using what works.  Because fear sells media time and gets ratings.

The entire push has been for a vaccine from the start. Motivation for this may well be pecuniary (direct or indirect financial benefit), for 'health reasons', for political purposes (knowing full well the normal delays combined with the draconian measures justified by the test data and alleged death rates would be economically destructive to America and politically devastating to whomever the media blamed, and that was a given from the start), or to garner prestige in the field. Whatever the motivation, the bias inherent in setting out to prove that a vaccine would be the only effective means of stopping this disease has cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of lives, untold economic devastation here and broad, and set up the biggest election steal in history, all done by (for the most part) people we had no hand in putting in power, and we have no ability to remove from their positions.

No doubt, people get sick, but we can't trust the tests, the infection rates, the mortality figures, the CODs of alleged victims, the attempts to discredit effective early treatment, and even prevent it from being used by demonizing drugs in common usage worldwide for decades, even to the point of administering lethal doses to one study group.

It's bloody obvious to me, that of all the considerations by some of the 'foremost' experts and policymakers, the lives of the American (and, globally other) people are in dead last place (no pun intended) in consideration by the media, the current arbiters of the Medical Community, and politicians who remain in power after the most egregious vote fraud in history.

Why, in God's name, should I trust any of them when all they have done is lie to me from the start?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2021, 06:57:19 pm »
All I can scientifically deduce is that between the conflicts of interest inherent in political and pecuniary motivation, the entire data set has been so viciously corrupted that is difficult to tell much of anything at all.

We can't be sure of much besides some people who test positive get very sick and some of them die.

We can't trust the tests because of false positives.

Many of the heavily publicized "experiments" run  by medical researchers only proved that incomplete treatments (pharmaceutical regimens missing key components) given in the late stages of the disease are generally ineffective.

Early treatment is the key to defeating almost any disease, from a skin infection to cancer, but the lockdown protocols which required isolation were keeping patients from receiving treatment until the disease progressed enough for the patient to become critical, at which point, a pharmacology aimed at preventing viral replication and damage was too late.

They did not disprove the efficacy of the complete regimens [ivermectin/doxycycline/zinc or HCQ/Azithromycin/zinc] given at the earliest stages of the disease, because those well-publicized studies did not administer the full regimen at the early stages of the disease, and studies which did were censored because they showed early treatment to be effective when the entire regimen was used.

While HCQ was the ionophore of choice in the Zelenko Protocol, a related and less tolerable drug (Chloroquine) was ballyhooed in the media for having some nasty side effects (especially in high doses, which is true), but the dosages administered to study patients were far too high, in one study, 3X the LD50 for the drug, and it was not even the same drug. Capitalizing on the general ignorance of the public, the media mad great noise over the side effects of a drug that sounded like the star ionophore in the Zelenko Protocol in an effort (largely successful in some parts) to dissuade people from using what works.  Because fear sells media time and gets ratings.

The entire push has been for a vaccine from the start. Motivation for this may well be pecuniary (direct or indirect financial benefit), for 'health reasons', for political purposes (knowing full well the normal delays combined with the draconian measures justified by the test data and alleged death rates would be economically destructive to America and politically devastating to whomever the media blamed, and that was a given from the start), or to garner prestige in the field. Whatever the motivation, the bias inherent in setting out to prove that a vaccine would be the only effective means of stopping this disease has cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of lives, untold economic devastation here and broad, and set up the biggest election steal in history, all done by (for the most part) people we had no hand in putting in power, and we have no ability to remove from their positions.

No doubt, people get sick, but we can't trust the tests, the infection rates, the mortality figures, the CODs of alleged victims, the attempts to discredit effective early treatment, and even prevent it from being used by demonizing drugs in common usage worldwide for decades, even to the point of administering lethal doses to one study group.

It's bloody obvious to me, that of all the considerations by some of the 'foremost' experts and policymakers, the lives of the American (and, globally other) people are in dead last place (no pun intended) in consideration by the media, the current arbiters of the Medical Community, and politicians who remain in power after the most egregious vote fraud in history.

Why, in God's name, should I trust any of them when all they have done is lie to me from the start?

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2021, 06:59:22 pm »
CULTURE   PUBLISHED: 5:12 PM 30 APR 2021

Yale Epidemiologist: 60% Of New COVID Cases Are In People Already Vaccinated

People who don’t understand that the vaccine makes you more susceptible to COVID (and the most deadly version), obviously believe the media propaganda and don’t read what they sign.

by April Matthews

https://conservativedailypost.com/yale-epidemiologist-60-of-new-covid-cases-are-in-people-already-vaccinated/

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2021, 07:02:00 pm »
Almost all, as pneumonia is a side effect. Some are saying the actual bio-weapon, IS the vaccine.

It seems this is MORE correct than not.  Good luck to everyone.  Still, YOUR CHOICE.  NOT MINE.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2021, 08:05:47 pm »
It seems this is MORE correct than not.  Good luck to everyone.  Still, YOUR CHOICE.  NOT MINE.

1. The pneumonia that the SARS-CoV-2 virus causes was how doctors in Wuhan back in early December 2019 recognized they had a breakout of something new. The severity and persistence were distinctive. This post has much good info, with supporting links, about those early times in Wuhan https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395099.msg2184146.html#msg2184146 .

2. Why in the world would pharmaceuticals companies in Germany (BioNTech), the Netherlands (the Janssen Research division of J&J), the US (Moderna and Novavax), and the UK (AstraZeneca) all suddenly decide to produce a bio-weapon? That claim is absurd beyond the limits of polite words. BTW, if your post of the bio-weapon claim was an allusion to Bill Gates, his supposed population control ideas, and Covid vaccines, Bill Gates had approximately zero input in the development and testing of any of those five vaccines.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2021, 08:17:45 pm »
The pneumonia that the SARS-CoV-2 virus causes was how doctors in Wuhan back in early December 2019 recognized they had a breakout of something new.
They created the virus (with financial assistance from Anthony Fauci and the unwitting U.S. taxpayer). Of course they knew it was something new.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2021, 08:22:47 pm »
The entire push has been for a vaccine from the start. ...

No, it hasn't. Ignoring the political organizational doings and actions such as travel shutdowns:

January 28, 2020 - AbCellera is mobilizing its pandemic response platform against the outbreak of Covid-19; Since 2018, under the DARPA Pandemic Prevention Platform (P3) program, AbCellera has been leading a team of partners to establish a platform for pandemic response capable of developing field-ready medical countermeasures within 60 days of isolation of an unknown viral pathogen; https://www.abcellera.com/news/2020-01-abcellera-mobilizing-a-response-to-novel-coronavirus

February 4, 2020 - HHS, Regeneron Collaborate to Develop 2019-nCoV Treatment; https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/02/04/hhs-regeneron-collaborate-to-develop-2019-ncov-treatment.html , https://investor.regeneron.com/news-releases/news-release-details/regeneron-announces-expanded-collaboration-hhs-develop-antibody

February 6, 2020 - Shipping of CDC 2019 coronavirus test kits begins; https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/p0206-coronavirus-diagnostic-test-kits.html

February 25, 2020 - An NIH clinical trial of Remdesivir begun; at University of Nebraska Medical Center, https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-clinical-trial-remdesivir-treat-covid-19-begins

February 29, 2020 - Testing labs allowed to use tests whose FDA Emergency Use Authorization requests are still pending; https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-issues-new-policy-help-expedite-availability-diagnostics

March 4, 2020 - HHS announced intent to purchase 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months for the Strategic National Stockpile; https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/04/hhs-to-procure-n95-respirators-to-support-healthcare-workers-in-covid-19-outbreaks.html

March 4, 2020 - HHS announced intent to purchase 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months for the Strategic National Stockpile; https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/04/hhs-to-procure-n95-respirators-to-support-healthcare-workers-in-covid-19-outbreaks.html

March 11, 2020 - Emergent BioSolutions announced it has initiated development of two plasma derived polyclonal antibody therapeutics for treatment and prevention of COVID-19; https://investors.emergentbiosolutions.com/news-releases/news-release-details/emergent-biosolutions-initiates-development-plasma-derived

March 11, 2020 - Vir Biotechnology and the NIH will work together to identify and optimize combinations of antibodies against coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2, SARS and MERS, as well as antibodies that may be effective across additional types of coronaviruses; https://investors.vir.bio/news-releases/news-release-details/vir-biotechnology-announces-research-collaboration-national

March 12, 2020 - AbCellera and Eli Lilly announced an agreement to develop antibody products for treatment and prevention of COVID-19; part of a 2018 DARPA program with AbCellera; https://lilly.mediaroom.com/2020-03-12-AbCellera-and-Lilly-to-Co-develop-Antibody-Therapies-for-the-Treatment-of-COVID-19 , https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/eli-lilly-joins-race-to-develop-coronavirus-treatment/ar-BB116BNR

March 13, 2020 - Trump announced public-private partnerships for drive-through testing; https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/trump-announces-public-private-partnership-increase-national-coronavirus-69587547

March 13, 2020 - FDA granted emergency approval for faster coronavirus test; https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/other/487393-fda-grants-emergency-approval-for-faster-coronavirus-test

March 13, 2020 - FDA emergency approval for Thermo-Fisher coronavirus test (within 24 hours of applying); https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-issues-emergency-use-authorization-thermo-fisher

March 13, 2020 - Public-private partnerships allowed to open up drive-through testing collection sites; https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/13/in-declaring-national-emergency-trump-pledges-drive-thru-testing-greater-flexibility-for-doctors/

March 13, 2020 - FDA granted Roche AG an emergency approval for automated coronavirus testing kits; https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-13/roche-gets-clearance-for-coronavirus-test-that-s-10-times-faster

March 13, 2020 - HHS announced funding support to DiaSorin Molecular and Qiagen for the development of a high-speed Covid-19 tests; https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/13/hhs-funds-development-covid-19-diagnostic-tests.html

March 16, 2020 - FDA allowing states to authorize use of tests developed by labs in their states; https://seekingalpha.com/news/3552325-fda-to-allow-states-to-authorize-coronavirus-tests

March 16, 2020 - CytoDyn filed a modified IND and protocol for its Phase 2 clinical trial with leronlimab as a therapy for patients with respiratory complications from COVID-19; https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/395/cytodyn-files-modified-ind-and-protocol-for-phase-2

March 17, 2020 - Defense Department to give HHS up to 5M respirator masks, 2,000 ventilators; https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Article/Article/2115200/dod-poised-to-provide-masks-ventilators-labs-to-hhs-for-coronavirus-fight/

March 18, 2020 - Trump invoked the Defense Production Act delegating to the Secretary of HHS the task of determining what products and components are critical in responding to Covid-19 and President Trump's authority, as necessary, to contract for, facilitate or compel production of, and distribute where needed those products; https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-prioritizing-allocating-health-medical-resources-respond-spread-covid-19/ , https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/18/secretary-azar-statement-president-trumps-invoking-defense-production-act.html

March 18, 2020 - Pernod Ricard USDA began producing hand sanitizer at all of its US distilleries, in coordination with and assisted by the White House Task Force; https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pernod-ricard-usa-produces-hand-sanitizer-to-help-us-combat-covid-19-virus-301026216.html

March 18, 2020 - HHS announced funding support to Mesa Biotech for the advanced development of a high-speed point-of-care Covid-19 test; https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/18/hhs-supports-mesa-biotech-develop-rapid-diagnostic-detect-novel-coronavirus-infections.html

March 18, 2020 - HHS announced a partnership to develop a high-speed fill-and-finish process for vaccines and injectable drugs for the Strategic National Stockpile; https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/03/18/hhs-announces-new-public-private-partnership-to-develop-us-based-high-speed-emergency-drug-packaging-solutions.html

I was going to complete the month of March, but this post is long enough already. I picked non-vaccine-related items from https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395099.msg2169385.html#msg2169385 , https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412484.0.html , and https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412485.0.html . I also could have found relevant non-vaccine-related items from my threads about ventilators, PPE, and uses of the DPA. Just because the MSM gave it little or no coverage does not mean it didn't happen.