Author Topic: Ben Domenech: The Left Doesn’t Understand How Justice Works  (Read 212 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ben Domenech: The Left Doesn’t Understand How Justice Works
April 23, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

Federalist Publisher Ben Domenech said the left doesn’t understand how true justice works.

“Most adults know what [justice] was, and you don’t have to be a judge, a prosecutor, a defense attorney, or police officer to have had to deal it out,” Domenech said while hosting Fox News Primetime on Thursday night. “Anyone who has been a parent has had to dispense with childish ideas of what’s fair and parse between aggrieved parties, work through ideas of right and wrong, make a call on what ought to happen for those who are wronged and often to those who did wrong.”

Justice, Domenech said, is difficult to prioritize when “you or someone you love has been hurt, has been taken, has been wronged,” but reacting poorly is not fair or just. And while philosophers and even poet Seamus Heaney seem to have a good idea of what justice means, Domenech said politicians such as President Joe Biden “give no evidence of understanding the words” solidified throughout history.

“Justice is as old as the ideas that built our society,” Domenech said. “From the Garden of Eden on, God distributed justice and he gave laws by which to live. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all trace their understanding of justice back through Abraham. We understand it here in the West as the idea that man has rights: The things that we own, the life that we have, and that we ought to be protected from crime, being hurt or killed, and the decision must be blind because it must not matter if you are poor, rich, young, old, weak, or powerful, a society that is just protects your rights.”

more w/video
https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/23/ben-domenech-the-left-doesnt-understand-how-justice-works/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Ben Domenech: The Left Doesn’t Understand How Justice Works
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 05:27:58 pm »
They don’t know and they don’t care.

Power is what they want. Justice is subordinate to that.

These people will either be crushed or they will crush us.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 05:33:07 pm »
  The left doesn’t understand how the economy works

The left doesn’t understand how human nature works

The left doesn’t understand how chromosomes that  determine our gender works

The left doesn’t understand how having cheap abundant energy for driving the economy works

The left doesn’t  understand how the real world works

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 05:38:34 pm »
They don’t know and they don’t care.

Power is what they want. Justice is subordinate to that.

These people will either be crushed or they will crush us.

:yowsa:  pointing-up

Sad as it is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 06:30:06 pm »
The Left comprehends that the original and historical meaning of "justice" stands in their way of achieving power and control.

And so they have redefined it, by adding the adjective "social" and refusing to recognize any other previously-accepted understanding.

Now see if you can guess what they have in store for "freedom"?

If you've read Orwell, then you already know.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 10:43:54 pm »
Ben Domenech:
The Left Doesn’t Understand How Justice Works...

NO, citizen Domenech.
They "understand", as well as you or I.

They are deliberately distorting and re-defining the concept of "justice" to make it work a DIFFERENT way.
THEIR way.

EDIT:
(sigh), once again, composed and posted my reply before I read Andy's above...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:36:42 pm by Fishrrman »