Author Topic: Senate Republicans Just Handed Matches to Arsonist  (Read 198 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans Just Handed Matches to Arsonist
« on: April 23, 2021, 02:35:41 pm »
Senate Republicans Just Handed Matches to Arsonist

Republicans aren’t just flat-footed in opposition, they are complicit in empowering this destructive regime.

By Julie Kelly
April 22, 2021

One of the most fateful decisions of Donald Trump’s presidency happened just weeks after Inauguration Day.

In March 2017, Republican lawmakers joined Democrats to demand Jeff Sessions, a former Senate colleague and Trump’s new attorney general, recuse himself from anything related to the investigation into alleged Russian election collusion. Sessions’ two brief meetings in 2016 with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak—a figure who appeared often in collusion-related drama—amounted to evidence of collusion, collusion perps insisted.

Senators Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) were just a few top Republicans who asked Sessions to step aside—so he did.

Sessions’ recusal put the Justice Department safely back in the hands of anti-Trump operatives just as their malfeasance was being exposed by Representative Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). The cover-up of how the agency targeted Donald Trump and his campaign associates was secure while top officials deflected attention to the concocted Russian collusion hoax.

For an added punch, the same Republicans successfully pushed for a House ethics probe into Nunes, which sidelined his work for eight months until he was cleared of any wrongdoing.

A few months later, Republicans fiercely backed the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Trump’s alleged collusion with the Russians; Robert Mueller was appointed on May 17, 2017.

And with that, any hope of cleaning house at a Justice Department teeming with Obama henchmen was gone.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/04/22/senate-republicans-just-handed-matches-to-arsonist/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Senate Republicans Just Handed Matches to Arsonist
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 02:37:16 pm »
If you're a Republican it's what you do.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 02:37:50 pm »
Trump never had a chance with these traitors.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 05:31:20 pm »
And we still don't think we need a third party?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 07:01:38 pm »
System is rigged by the current two parties to prohibit a viable third party.  Took me a long time to accept this notion.

For years, I voted for a 3rd party candidate with the mindset that we get a third party when enough people vote for the third party candidate.  With Ross Perot, I thought we had a viable candidate.  Then he had to cry about how the media was treating his daughter, and he decided to withdraw from the race.  Then days later, he changed his mind and was back in.  Had he not done that, I think he had a real shot at winning.  Afterwards, I think many thought he was a kook.  That is what I thought, KOOK, KOOK, KOOK.  I voted for him anyway because I truly wanted a viable third party that was conservative.

WASTE OF TIME.  THERE WILL NEVER BE A 3RD PARTY!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 07:05:01 pm »
System is rigged by the current two parties to prohibit a viable third party.  Took me a long time to accept this notion.

For years, I voted for a 3rd party candidate with the mindset that we get a third party when enough people vote for the third party candidate.  With Ross Perot, I thought we had a viable candidate.  Then he had to cry about how the media was treating his daughter, and he decided to withdraw from the race.  Then days later, he changed his mind and was back in.  Had he not done that, I think he had a real shot at winning.  Afterwards, I think many thought he was a kook.  That is what I thought, KOOK, KOOK, KOOK.  I voted for him anyway because I truly wanted a viable third party that was conservative.

WASTE OF TIME.  THERE WILL NEVER BE A 3RD PARTY!!!

Damn it @jafo2010   Leave me my dreams.   :laugh: