Author Topic: The Big Snitch Is Here—America Goes Stasi  (Read 83 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Big Snitch Is Here—America Goes Stasi
« on: April 22, 2021, 02:04:51 pm »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-big-snitch-is-here-america-goes-stasi_3786377.html

A Stasi agent as depicted in the film "The Lives of Others."

The Big Snitch Is Here—America Goes Stasi
by Roger Simon
April 21, 2021

NOTE:
When reading articles from the Epoch Times, you need to TURN OFF javascript in your browser. There are free extensions/addons that will do this with the click of the mouse.

Many, particularly those on the right, worry the United States is turning into China, but we are a Western nation coming out of a (mostly) Western tradition.

I believe we should be as much concerned, if not more, that we are beginning to resemble East Germany with their State Security Service (Staatssicherheitsdienst), better known as the Stasi.

As Wikipedia reminds us:

“One of the Stasi’s main tasks was spying on the population, primarily through a vast network of citizens turned informants, and fighting any opposition by overt and covert measures, including hidden psychological destruction of dissidents (“Zersetzung,” literally meaning “decomposition”). It arrested 250,000 people as political prisoners during its existence.”

I was reminded of this Zersetzung and its psychological destruction of dissidents—soon we may be all classified that way, if not already—by a photo I received this morning from a (necessarily anonymous) friend who works at Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, among the most prestigious hospitals in the country.

With his/her permission I am sharing it with you.

This person photographed an announcement taped to a wall at the hospital that read: “Implicit Bias Anonymous Reporting System.”

More at URL above...