Author Topic: It Was Never About A Guilty Verdict  (Read 75 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It Was Never About A Guilty Verdict
« on: April 22, 2021, 02:01:11 pm »

It Was Never About A Guilty Verdict

Parker Beauregard
    April 22, 2021

I remember as recently as just last week when hordes of useful idiots were parading around in Minneapolis streets (when they weren’t hurling dangerous objects at police or smashing down storefronts) carrying signs that read “Justice for George” and “Justice for Daunte.” Call me naive, but I assumed that the terms justice and guilty verdict were synonymous.

Then again, I could be forgiven for thinking as much. After all, that was the actual meaning. A Change.org petition ran a banner headline last year that read “#JusticeforFloyd: Demand the officers who killed George Floyd are charged with murder.” In this massive social undertaking is an explicit connection to trial outcomes being tied to the notion of justice. Moreover, the hackneyed expression of “no justice, no peace” unequivocally states as much. A sentence from the Wikipedia page dedicated to that phrase observes “[a]fter the acquittal in the Trayvon Martin murder case, the chaplain of the University of Pennsylvania said, ‘A lack of justice has resulted in a lack of peace.’” And news articles’ headlines, for instance one in Pop Sugar, declared that “[t]here is still no justice in the Breonna Taylor case” in a piece published the day Kentucky’s black attorney general declined to press charges against officers.

Now, the Chauvin jurors might miss these obvious connections, but the rest of America would notice a pattern of ideas like justice and guilt going hand in hand.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2021/04/22/it-was-never-about-a-guilty-verdict/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34