Author Topic: Polls suggest House Democrats will buck midterm curse and add to their ranks  (Read 279 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Polls suggest House Democrats will buck midterm curse and add to their ranks
By Kevin Walling, opinion contributor — 04/19/21 10:00 AM EDT

Conventional wisdom in Washington is that the party in control of the White House usually loses any number of congressional seats in the midterms. In 1994, President Bill Clinton saw his House majority collapse with the Democrats losing 54 seats and the speaker’s gavel, something that had held true since the Truman Administration. After wresting control back from the GOP in 2006 during the final two years of the George W. Bush Administration, Democrats faced a similar blood bath during the 2010 midterms losing 63 seats in what President Barack Obama aptly described as a “shellacking.”

With one of the slimmest majorities for any new president in modern history, President Joe Biden is already banking on the popularity of his legislation and executive actions to buoy Democratic prospects heading into the elections. Polling from last month following the passage of the American Rescue Plan indicated that 63 percent of Americans, including 58 percent of independents, supported the $1.9 trillion package passed with just Democratic votes. Similarly, according to a new poll out from The New York Times, Biden’s new infrastructure proposal, the American Jobs Act, “garners support from two in three Americans, and from seven in ten independent voters.” Interestingly enough, the plan has the support of more than 30 percent of registered Republican voters according to the same poll.

In addition to the broad level of support behind the Biden administration’s two landmark pieces of legislation, new polling from Morning Consult from earlier in the month demonstrates the total dominance of Democrats over Republicans on the most critical issues facing the American people. During the 2018 midterms, healthcare was the leading issue that drove voters to the polls — and that was before an international pandemic ravaged our country. According to data from that Morning Consult poll, Democrats in Congress hold a +25 percent advantage over their GOP colleagues when voters are asked who they trust more to handle COVID-19 — 51 percent to 26 percent. Similarly, Democrats hold a +19 percent advantage when it comes to healthcare writ-large and a +20 percent advantage when it comes to protecting Social Security and Medicare. Even more damning for Congressional Republicans is the fact that voters give House Democrats a five percent advantage on who they trust on issues of the economy, an issue that was squarely in the Republican column in recent elections, including 2020.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/548924-polls-suggest-house-democrats-will-buck-midterm-curse-and-add-to-their-ranks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The shill.  Predicable as head lice on a preschooler.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hard to believe the democrats could get any more rank than they already are.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Mold was set to easily steal elections on a large scale in 2020.  Add complict systematic brainwashing by MSM and Big Tech.

Don't need any polls to tell me what is coming down the pike.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

OK, but The Hill isn’t exactly the gold standard in reporting accuracy.

BassWrangler

They got to get these polls out there so when they steal more elections the sheople won't notice anything amiss.

Offline skeeter

Mold was set to easily steal elections on a large scale in 2020.  Add complict systematic brainwashing by MSM and Big Tech.

Don't need any polls to tell me what is coming down the pike.
Just hearing the gnashing of teeth by the left when Georgia passed a law simply making ID necessary to obtain an absentee ballot tells the us what the rats have in mind.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Yeah, it's amazing how trends can be changed when the Rodents control the vote count.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
My standard operating procedure when I see an article headline like this one:
Where is it coming from?
Scroll down and check the source.
I did, and read no further.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Thus saith The SHill.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.