Author Topic: Montana Supreme Court Email Scandal May Lead to Arrests, Impeachments  (Read 595 times)

Online Hoodat

Montana Supreme Court Email Scandal May Lead to Arrests, Impeachments

By PUBLISHER   |   APRIL 14, 2021

This news story will be the most explosive in decades, and it could turn the tide of Montana state government

Various press outlets have reported, but largely under-reported, a developing scandal regarding the Montana Supreme Court and their refusal to abide by information requests for their email correspondence on publicly-owned servers. But what lies under the surface of the scandal – and what is currently developing – will likely lead to the biggest news story in Montana politics in decades. Ultimately, as this saga continues, the scandal might lead to the impeachment of Supreme Court Justices and the arrest of at least one employee of the court. In the end, Governor Gianforte might be able to appoint new justices to the court, overthrowing the last liberal stronghold in the Montana state government.

As the Helena Independent Record reported on on April 9…

The Montana Supreme Court administrator deleted the emailed results from a poll of judges seeking opinions on a law now being challenged in the Supreme Court, according to documents provided to the Montana State News Bureau….The Montana Attorney General’s Office raised the issue when it included in court filings 18 of the judges’ responses, although its unclear where the office obtained them (HT Montana Talks).

The story begins with the passage of SB140, which provides the governor the power to appoint justices and district judges to fill vacancies and ending the Judicial Nomination Commission. Currently, the Montana Supreme Court is stacked with leftists, with Justice Laurie McKinnon – a moderate conservative – being the sole exception.

Clearly, the left-leaning court took exception to SB140, and a poll was conducted via email (and several by phone) of 37 judges across the state for their position on the bill. In total, 34 judges voiced opposition, and 3 voiced support for the bill. The poll was used to determine how the Court should lobby the legislature through the Montana Judges Association.

In a yet-to-be-disclosed detail, the Attorney General’s office obtained responses from 18 of those judges. The Attorney General, Austin Knudsen, has the job as the state’s top law enforcement officer to defend state laws, including SB140, which was signed by the governor on March 16. After the passage of SB140, a confederacy of RINO and leftist leaders promptly sued the state to overturn the law. Plaintiffs in the case include former Republican Secretary of State Bob Brown (who left the Republican Party because Donald Trump and Steve Daines didn’t wear masks often enough), a former Democratic lawmaker named Dorothy Bradley, a former Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribal Chairman Vernon Finley, and the Montana League of Democrat Women Voters.

Attorney General Knudsen exposed the poll and asked to stay the case, to keep the court from ruling until the Supreme Court administrator could provide the public emails from the justices on public servers so as to determine who should and should not recuse themselves for bias. Protecting their own interests, the court rejected Knudsen’s request to hold off on the case and ruled in their own favor, despite the evident conflicts of interest.

The ordeal is scandalous primarily and initially because the Supreme Court justices, theoretically, are to remain neutral on matters previous to public hearings and listening to the arguments officially presented.  .  .  .

https://montanadailygazette.com/2021/04/14/bombshell-montana-supreme-court-email-scandal-may-lead-to-arrests-impeachments/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Re: Montana Supreme Court Email Scandal May Lead to Arrests, Impeachments
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 01:50:04 pm »
@roamer_1

Does this dog have legs?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 02:00:51 pm »
@roamer_1

Does this dog have legs?

Yeah @roamer_1 just what the heck is going on in the GREAT state of Montana?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 02:07:33 pm »
@roamer_1

Does this dog have legs?

It ought to @Hoodat ... Especially since the emails have surfaced. But a 'bombshell'? Likely McLaughlin will take the hit... I doubt they will get at the vultures. Though I sure would be happy if they did - And Gianforte is performing better than expected... He may even get my vote next time around.

But one way or another, too early to tell.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 02:10:26 pm »
Yeah @roamer_1 just what the heck is going on in the GREAT state of Montana?

The same ol thing as always @Bigun ...  :shrug: :whistle: Dirty pool.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 02:14:31 pm »
The same ol thing as always @Bigun ...  :shrug: :whistle: Dirty pool.

I guess so!  When you have such a thing as a "Judicial Nomination Commission"  comprised I'm sure of a bunch of self-serving members of the bar hanky panky is inevitable it seems to me.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 02:14:33 pm »
It ought to @Hoodat ... Especially since the emails have surfaced. But a 'bombshell'?

Note that I purposely omitted the term "BOMBSHELL" from both the thread title and story field.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 02:16:29 pm »
I guess so!  When you have such a thing as a "Judicial Nomination Commission"  comprised I'm sure of a bunch of self-serving members of the bar hanky panky is inevitable it seems to me.

Well of course it is. Rural states run on Good Ol Boy networks, and Montana is no different.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:17:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 02:18:30 pm »
Note that I purposely omitted the term "BOMBSHELL" from both the thread title and story field.

This will likely be McLaughlin taking the hit, and everybody else getting a stern talking-to... Watch and see.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 02:23:15 pm »
The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.

James Madison, Federalist #47

- J. R. R. Tolkien