Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>Protests erupt after Black man killed by police in Minnesota  (Read 5310 times)

Offline skeeter

Biden Suggests Minneapolis Police Shooting Could Have Been ‘Intentional,’ Urges Investigation
By  Daily Wire News
•
Apr 12, 2021   DailyWire.com

President Joe Biden suggested on Monday that the police shooting of 20-year-old Daunte Wright over the weekend in Minneapolis could potentially have been “intentional” as he urged calm while investigators work to conclude what happened.

“I think we got to wait and see what the investigation shows,” Biden said. “And the entire investigation. You all watched, I assume as I did the film, which is fairly, the body cam, which is fairly, fairly graphic. Question is, was it an accident, was it intentional? It remains to be determined by a full blown investigation.”

“But in the meantime, I want to make it clear again, there is absolutely no justification, none, for looting, no justification for violence, peaceful protest understandable,” Biden continued. “And the fact is that, you know, we do know that the anger, pain, and trauma that exists in the black community, and that environment is real, it’s serious, and it’s consequential. But it doesn’t, will not justify violence and/or looting. And so the question is, how we in an orderly way, make clear that you get down to a full blown investigation to determine what the facts are, and what is likely to happen.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-suggests-minneapolis-police-shooting-could-have-been-intentional-urges-investigation

Too stupid/evil for words. Moron.

And he's the PRESIDENT.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
excerpt:

Meanwhile, Potter is believed to have left her home overnight and is currently staying outside the area, police sources told DailyMail.com.

When DailyMail.com visited Potter’s five bedroom $435,000 home on Tuesday morning, the property appeared deserted.

Police were seen circling the area but said they had no word of any protests planned in the neighborhood.

They had also erected a series of no parking signs in the immediate vicinity of her home.

Potter is understood to be with her ex-cop husband Jeffrey, 54, and their two adult sons: Samuel and Nicholas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9465927/Daunte-Wrights-parents-refuse-accept-shooting-mistake.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I can't accept it was a mistake': Daunte Wright's parents refuse to accept that veteran cop of 26 years - who was training a rookie - could confuse gun with Taser and 'accidentally' kill their son

Daunte Wright, 20, was fatally shot by Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kimberly Potter, 48, on Sunday after he was pulled over for what police said were expired license plate tags
    Police said a struggle broke out when they tried to arrest Wright after running his name and realizing he had an outstanding warrant
    Authorities have not confirmed the nature of the warrant but court records show Wright was being sought on a misdemeanor charge of carrying a pistol without permit and misdemeanor fleeing police
    The city's police chief on Monday described the shooting as 'an accidental discharge' and said the veteran officer had mistakenly fired her gun instead of a taser
    In an interview with Good Morning America on Tuesday, Wright's parents Katie and Aubrey said they could not accept their son's death was a mistake
    Wright's mother added that she wants Potter to be held accountable for 'everything she's taken from us'
    Potter, a married mother-of-two, is believed to have left her home overnight and is currently staying outside the area, police sources told DailyMail.com
    The fatal shooting has sparked violent protests and unrest in the city that is already on edge because of the trial of Derek Chauvin, the first of four police officers charged in George Floyd's death

By Emily Crane and Ruth Styles In Minneapolis, Minnesota For Dailymail.Com

Published: 08:49 EDT, 13 April 2021 | Updated: 13:30 EDT, 13 April 2021

more w/video of parents on ABC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9465927/Daunte-Wrights-parents-refuse-accept-shooting-mistake.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Interesting that our in house cop bashing duo hasn't weighed in on this incident.

I mean this incident and the one in Virginia were both just routine traffic stops that ended in an abuse of police power right?

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Either there is law and order or chaos. In major cities, the liberals choose the latter. Police must be able to arrest black youth without allowing them to just run away at a whim. That means stepping up the violence (beat down) or shooting, or very harsh jail times with no time off for good behavior, in the long run once word gets around that running is unacceptable behavior (counter productive), it will occur far less. Pandering to BLM destroys law and order, which cause more communist elements to join in the fray stirring the pot of anarchy. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 05:59:55 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

Brooklyn Center officer who fatally shot Daunte Wright resigns, as does police chief

MARA H. GOTTFRIED | Pioneer Press
PUBLISHED: April 13, 2021 at 12:12 p.m. | UPDATED: April 13, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.

Brooklyn Center police officer Kim Potter resigned Tuesday, two days after she fatally shot 20-year-old Daunte Wright during a traffic stop. The city also received a resignation letter from Police Chief Tim Gannon, Mayor Mike Elliott announced Tuesday.

Elliott said he hopes Potter stepping down will bring some calm to the community, though he says people ultimately want justice.

“We have to make sure justice is served,” he said Tuesday. “… Daunte Wright deserves that.”

Potter wrote in a two-sentence letter on Tuesday to Elliott, the acting city manager and Gannon: “I have loved every minute of being a police officer and serving this community to the best of my ability, but I believe it is in the best interest of the community, the department, and my fellow officers if I resign immediately,” she wrote

https://www.twincities.com/2021/04/13/daunte-wright-officer-resigns-kim-potter-mn-brooklyn-center/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:09:08 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

One day in the not so distant future, the police will punch in a tag #.  It will identify if the owner is a firearm owner and the police will respond accordingly.
In VA my tag is tied to my CCW. They know before they walk up tot the vehicle.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In VA my tag is tied to my CCW. They know before they walk up tot the vehicle.

Same here in Kentucky.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Apr 12, 2021   DailyWire.com

President Joe Biden suggested on Monday that the police shooting of 20-year-old Daunte Wright over the weekend in Minneapolis could potentially have been “intentional” as he urged calm while investigators work to conclude what happened.

Every cop in every US city should resign.  Biden/Harris is using them as kindling for the coming war.  Enough with the slow burn, bring on the fire.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We've got to stop making excuses for Biden/Harris.  They're not morons.  They're doing what they planned to do ... bring America to it's boiling point and reap the rewards.

We at least should make them fight for it.

Biden was dumb even before the onset of dementia...Harris' best talents aren’t  anything that requires her to be upright.

They are the perfect empty vessels for the Obama admin people who are working for Biden and Harris to get them to say and do anything they want them to. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:11:16 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Hoodat

Prosecution expert, Cardiologist Dr. Jonathan Rich, did not do his side any favors today:

https://vimeo.com/535971884

Rich actually argued that because of Floyd's enlarged heart and arterial blockage, he was less likely to die from heart failure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Over $400K raised for family of Minnesota shooting victim Daunte Wright

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dauntewright

A GoFundMe page set up by the family of Minnesota police shooting victim Daunte Wright has raised more than $400,000 in one day.

The Daunte Wright Sr. Memorial Fund, set up by Wright’s aunt, Kelly Bryant, seeks to raise funds to pay for the 20-year-old shooting victim’s funeral and burial expenses, and for “mental health and grief counseling” for his family.

The money will also help support Wright’s infant son, Daunte Wright Jr., Bryant wrote.

The page has a goal of $500,000, and had raised nearly $410,000 by Tuesday afternoon.

“The road to justice is very long, and the Wright family will not let what happened to Daunte be forgotten,” she wrote. “The officer(s) who took his life must be held responsible.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/04/13/over-400k-raised-for-family-of-shooting-victim-daunte-wright/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:31:33 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online corbe

Gold leaf coffin in an 8 city tour just like his mentor Floyd.

Dave Alvin & The Guilty Ones "Johnny Ace Is Dead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmdd28XL0tU
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can We Have an Honest Conversation About the Daunte Wright Shooting?
By Mike Miller | Apr 13, 2021 4:00 PM ET

Question: Can we have an honest conversation about the Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, shooting? Note: I didn’t ask “May we?” Rather, are we capable of — are we still allowed to — in America, have an honest, open, comprehensive dialogue about the police action in a Minneapolis suburb on Sunday that left a 20-year-old black man shot to death?

As was most likely the case for millions of Americans, my initial reaction when I first heard about the shooting was “Here we go again” and “In Minneapolis, of all places.” Another black man. Another white police officer. Another death, while under mostly different circumstances than the George Floyd case, the operative words are mostly different.

As I understand the facts, Daunte Wright was pulled over for a routine traffic violation when police noticed expired tags on his car. After having a seemingly normal conversation with the 20-year-old, an officer returned to the police vehicle to run a background check and subsequently found two outstanding warrants Wright— one for fleeing the police, one for carrying a handgun without a permit.

Shortly later, one of the officers yells “Daunte don’t run!” Police scuffle with him as he fights to get back into his car. Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon reported on Monday that the officer involved in the action, 26-year-veteran Kim Potter yelled “Taser, taser!” before firing a single shot from her handgun which she had accidentally grabbed instead of her taser. She then screamed, “Holy, shit, I shot him!”

Wright sped away, the car crashed; the 20-year-old dead in the driver’s seat with his terrified girlfriend seated next to him. An unimaginable tragedy on multiple levels.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2021/04/13/can-we-have-an-honest-conversation-about-the-daunte-wright-shooting-n360129
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, at least they can't blame this one on a "white male"...

Online corbe

Expired Inspection is legitimate to get pulled over in Texas. The 2 month grace period is over, but I took my Air Freshener down from my rearview mirror, anyway.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Daunte Wright's mother recounts call moments before son's death
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548006-daunte-wrights-mother-was-on-phone-with-son-during-police-interaction

At any time during this call did Mom give her son the advice that would have brought him home for dinner?  Did she tell her angel to cooperate with the police?

Online corbe

The real victims here are Kim Potter and her Family.  Her 26 year Law Enforcement Career is probably over, may lose her pension. 

EDIT: Her whole career she was trained to shoot when a warrant suspect is fleeing.

It's a Tough Job, I couldn't do it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:27:23 pm by corbe »

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Never should have been out on the street

Daily Mail US
@DailyMail   Â· 1h

Daunte Wright had a warrant out for his arrest for attempted aggravated robbery after 'choking a woman at gunpoint for $820' https://trib.al/SMVf3vI

5:49 PM · Apr 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1382088603254321152

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In Kentucky our CCDW is tied to our car tag and DL so the officers already know those facts when they pull us over.
Not sure if it is the same here, but the last time I was pulled over, I informed the officer I had a CCP and he said "I know". Everything was courteous and professional, about what I have come to expect in these parts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Many are doing just that
Problem is, you drive the good cops out and what's left?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

You let people get away with ridiculous crimes for a year, then, sooner or later, there will be an incident like this. The particulars are not so relevant as the statistical probability of a population infused with the idea that they can ignore the law, and that the law is rendered moot because no one dares enforce it. One mistake, one error in judgement, and the street scene is on again, the family is cashing in, etc.

I'm not even saying that the family didn't love their boy, but if they did, why not dissuade him from a life of lawlessness. Does this go deeper and have its roots in demographics and an urban mindset? After more than 20 years of glorifying the gangsta mindset and lifestyle in popular culture, and decrying any influences to the contrary, it is virtually inevitable that this is the result. Has being lawless become the preferred social behaviour, with tacit approval, to the point it is ingrained in the urban (sub)culture? Incidents like this, along that cultural interface with an orderly society, are inevitable, if that is the case.

It fits hand in glove with the whole 'anarchy" thing, but denies that government fundamentally exists to protect the rights of all, and that "all" definitely includes the victims of this subculture, not just the members.

Succeed in imposing anarchy, and the gloves come off. "Fairness" becomes meaningless, and the survivors will decide what the law becomes, whether those survivors are part of the 'community' or not. While not having the "Man" out to 'get them' might seem attractive, the "Man" won't be there to protect, either, and this will not end like they think it will.

Keep your powder dry...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:13:29 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Problem is, you drive the good cops out and what's left?

Driving out good cops started years ago when Big City mayors decided that the Police Department was too "Neanderthal".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not sure if it is the same here, but the last time I was pulled over, I informed the officer I had a CCP and he said "I know". Everything was courteous and professional, about what I have come to expect in these parts.

And that is for the safety of the officer and in a way for the safety of the CCP holder as well.  And 99.9% of us will make sure that the officer pulls us over not only has our CCDW car when we hand them out DL...we'll let them know whether or not we are armed that particular day.

Happened a couple years ago with my wife before we went to Colorado.  County Sheriff nailed her on 65....she let him know she wasn't carrying that day and he thanked her and they had a very pleasant interaction.

Again it comes down to basic civics.