General Category > World News

Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth’s Husband And Duke Of Edinburgh, Dies At 99

<< < (28/29) > >>

Lando Lincoln:
Thanks to all who shared. I’m just catching up now.

Gefn:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on April 17, 2021, 04:11:03 pm ---basiaSparkles
@qeatrice

“Your Loving Lilibeth” my heart is breaking right now

10:54 AM · Apr 17, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/qeatrice/status/1383433600570314753

--- End quote ---

My heart broke for the Queen. G-d not only save her, but give her comfort as well.

Gefn:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on April 17, 2021, 03:59:49 pm ---

--- End quote ---

He is going to make a good King when it’s his time, and she will be a wonderful Queen consort.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Gefn on April 18, 2021, 11:33:01 pm ---He is going to make a good King when it’s his time, and she will be a wonderful Queen consort.

--- End quote ---

The Queen stated awhile ago that she would continue on with her duties and Charles has been waiting to take the throne for a very long time and I don't see him abdicating his position to William.  Longevity certainly runs in their genes, so I see William and Kate waiting at least another 20 years. 

Gefn:
Prince Charles to become 'quasi-king' but Queen will NEVER abdicate, royal expert claims

--- Quote ---
PRINCE Charles will become a "quasi-king" as he steps up as "patriarch of the family" - but the Queen will "never abdicate", a royal expert has claimed

Robert Jobson has said the Duke of Cornwall will do "state visits" on the Queen's behalf, however there is "no doubt" the monarch will "carry on" following the death of her beloved husband Prince Philip.

Talking to Omid Scobie on ABC's podcast The Heir Pod, Jobson - who penned the book Prince Philip's Century - said that there is "scope for change", suggesting that Charles, 72, will become a "quasi-king".

"The Prince of Wales will step up, in a way he’s already been doing that for the past five years, but now he truly is the patriarch of the family because the Duke of Edinburgh is dead," Jobson said.

Scobie responded that Charles - who is the heir to the throne - sits in an "almost between role now", mentioning that Jobson referred to him as "perhaps a quasi-king" during yesterday's funeral coverage.

--- End quote ---

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14686134/prince-charles-become-quasi-king-queen-never-abdicate/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version