Author Topic: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾  (Read 14394 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Baseball 2021 - Play Ball! ⚾
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2021, 03:18:09 am »
How wonderfully fitting...Atlanta gives an appropriate middle finger to MLB's Commissioner Bob Manfred, while they host the World Series .  .  .

They are trying to find a way to force the Braves to play their home games at Coors Field.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2021, 01:13:19 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Have an honest question for you.  Is the "Tomahawk Chop" chant now piped in through the sound system?

...because I never see the fans doing "The Chop" while it's being 'chanted'.    :laugh:

@DCPatriot
It's evolved over the years. For awhile, a guy banging on a huge timpani drum would be displayed on the Jumbotron to start it, then they would play the music through the sound system. Most recently up until 2019 (not counting last year because of no fans), they started it with whistles, then drumbeats, and then trumpets came in for the melody of it, all through the sound system.

As of this year, they quit doing the whistles and the trumpets/melody, and they only do the drumbeats on the sound system.  The fans supply the rest. And the fans start their own chant here and there, without the drumbeat prompts.

Edited to add:
During a pitching change for the opposing team during a late inning, they also turn the lights down and the fans turn on their cell phone lights for the Chop. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 01:17:04 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline MikePence

« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2021, 05:43:24 pm »
Thanks, @DCPatriot !
 :beer:

Congrats to your Braves! Enjoy it! And if I may, say this is some good karma for anyone who said boycott Atlanta!
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2021, 11:55:24 pm »
Go Braves!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2021, 12:12:09 am »
@DCPatriot

During a pitching change for the opposing team during a late inning, they also turn the lights down and the fans turn on their cell phone lights for the Chop.

@Polly Ticks

It looks magical in the stadium when they do that!

Question: Are you wearing your pearls?

Good luck ... but, I gotta say it! GO STROS!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2021, 12:12:16 am »
LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!      :patriot:   :yowsa:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:21 am »
1st swing of the 2021 World Series...GONE!!!

1-0 Braves!!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2021, 12:15:31 am »
1st swing of the 2021 World Series...GONE!!!

1-0 Braves!!   :laugh:

Loved it
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2021, 12:18:33 am »
2-0 Braves...clutching my pearls
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2021, 12:43:07 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2021, 01:02:25 am »
Loved it

Hard to believe...they announce that the Lead-Off HR was the 1st time in World Series history that the 1st swing offering ended up going over the fence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2021, 01:17:16 am »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2021, 02:10:38 am »
E-6

Should have been an inning ending DP.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2021, 04:22:14 am »
Congratulations, Braves fans. Nicely done. I'm sorry about Charlie Morton. Yes, he's scary, but I never wanted to see him leave the game with an injury. See y'all tomorrow night. wink777

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2021, 04:27:08 am »
@Polly Ticks
Question: Are you wearing your pearls?

@AllThatJazzZ  You betcha -- every game day in the post season!  (Side note - every night when I clean them before I put them away, I wonder if Joc is taking good care of his.)

Go Braves! I'm thrilled to win Game 1, but heartsick over Charlie Morton.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2021, 05:00:40 am »
Congratulations, Braves fans. Nicely done. I'm sorry about Charlie Morton. Yes, he's scary, but I never wanted to see him leave the game with an injury. See y'all tomorrow night. wink777

Morton may be toast.  I think he has a fracture in his tibia or fibula. Someone else is going to have to step it up a notch and pitch Game 4.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2021, 05:03:47 am »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2021, 11:33:30 am »
Twitter map shows only 3 states are rooting for Astros in World Series

An overwhelming number of Americans are rooting for the Atlanta Braves to beat the Houston Astros in the 2021 World Series, according to new Twitter data.

Fans favor the Astros in just three states - Texas, Louisiana, and Delaware - in a map created by Betonline.ag that’s based on over 230,000 geotagged tweets sent out since the World Series matchup was officially set.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2021, 12:02:53 pm »
Twitter map shows only 3 states are rooting for Astros in World Series

An overwhelming number of Americans are rooting for the Atlanta Braves to beat the Houston Astros in the 2021 World Series, according to new Twitter data.

Fans favor the Astros in just three states - Texas, Louisiana, and Delaware - in a map created by Betonline.ag that’s based on over 230,000 geotagged tweets sent out since the World Series matchup was officially set.

Not surprising to me, at all...last laugh etc..

Overall, I believe Americans are sentimental and always root for an 'underdog' when given an opportunity.

Secondly, sports fans are sick and damned tired of the Kaepernick Syndrome, which obviously had infected the Commissioner's Office. 

STOP THE POLITICALIZATION OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

Offline Polly Ticks

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2021, 08:10:22 pm »
Morton may be toast.  I think he has a fracture in his tibia or fibula. Someone else is going to have to step it up a notch and pitch Game 4.

The Braves are probably screwed if the series goes back to Houston.  Their pen will be exhausted.

Offline MikePence

« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2021, 08:51:29 pm »

Offline MikePence

« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2021, 08:52:59 pm »
The Braves are probably screwed if the series goes back to Houston.  Their pen will be exhausted.

Astros in six!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2021, 09:22:00 pm »
I'm pulling for the Astros! 

Looks like Chris Conroy is, too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2021, 10:22:10 pm »
Question:

Which one was broken...push-off?  Or landing?