Author Topic: Baltimore Ends Prosecution of Low-Level Crimes Such As Prostitution, Drug Possession  (Read 726 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Baltimore Ends Prosecution of Low-Level Crimes Such As Prostitution, Drug Possession

Amy Furr 27 Mar 2021

Baltimore will no longer prosecute certain low-level crimes, which include prostitution, drug possession, and minor traffic offenses, State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby said Friday.

“The move was unveiled in a press release from Mosby’s office as it reported ‘one-year success’ of policies implemented last March to not prosecute the nonviolent charges amid the coronavirus pandemic,” the Hill reported.

According to the release, the policies enacted in 2020 “have resulted in a decrease in arrests, no adverse impact on the crime rate, and address the systemic inequity of mass incarceration,” thus the state’s attorney announced the “permanent adoption” of the policies.

Mosby stated:

Today, America’s war on drug users is over in the city of Baltimore. We leave behind the era of tough-on-crime prosecution and zero tolerance policing and no longer default to the status quo to criminalize mostly people of color for addiction. We will develop sustainable solutions and allow our public health partners to do their part to address mental health and substance use disorder.

…

Clearly prosecuting low-level offenses with no public safety value is counterproductive to the limited law enforcement resources we have. When the courts open next month, I want my prosecutors working with the police and focused on violent offenses, like armed robbery, carjacking cases and drug distribution organizations that are the underbelly of the violence in Baltimore, not using valuable jury trial time on those that suffer from addiction.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/03/27/baltimore-ends-prosecution-of-low-level-crimes-such-as-prostitution-drug-possession/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Baltimore Ends Prosecution of Low-Level Crimes Such As Prostitution, Drug Possession
translation:
Baltimore Becomes Real Life Thunderdome

My God, I'm so happy I do not live there.
Glad I do not own property anywhere near Baltimore Thunderdome.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

When police don't or can't "sweat the small stuff" both "small stuff" and "big stuff" will proliferate and abound.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Professor James Q. Wilson must be lookin' down from somewhere and just shakin' his head...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Baltimore to criminals - "we surrender"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In other words,if you are robbed and didn't lose enough money or goods to qualify as a felony,too bad for you.

The good news is the wealthy are still protected.

The good news is the crime rate will drop.

What could possibly go wrong with a plan like that?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:18:36 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Baltimore to criminals - "we surrender"

@txradioguy

Baltimore has basically been a mostly English-speaking version of Zimbabwe since the 1960's.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The good news is the crime rate will drop.
How do you solve rising crime?
Defund police, and make all crime 'legal'.
Thunderdome politics.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How do you solve rising crime?
Defund police, and make all crime 'legal'.
Thunderdome politics.

@240B

Yup,and the pols will all get up on teebee and brag about their success at getting the crime rate to drop,come the next election.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They mixed the bowl.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley