Author Topic: York: An embarrassing day for the White House press corps  (Read 235 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
York: An embarrassing day for the White House press corps
« on: March 26, 2021, 01:50:49 pm »
Byron York's Daily Memo: An embarrassing day for the White House press corps
by Byron York, Chief Political Correspondent |
 | March 26, 2021 08:42 AM

AN EMBARRASSING DAY FOR THE WHITE HOUSE PRESS CORPS. There was a huge buildup before President Biden's first formal news conference Thursday. Why had he waited 64 days to meet the press? Were his White House press handlers worried he would commit some classic Biden gaffes? Would he do just that?

Biden was Biden. He handled some questions competently. He wandered around on others. He seemed most energized when he blamed his predecessor, President Donald Trump, for the mess at the border that his own policies have created. He stonewalled the press on the question of letting reporters -- and the nation -- see the overcrowded pens in which his administration is keeping illegal border crossers who are unaccompanied minors. "I will commit to transparency as soon as I am in a position to be able to implement what we are doing right now," Biden said. In other words -- you'll see it when we want you to see it, and not a minute before.

But Biden's performance wasn't the worst in the East Room on Thursday. The ten reporters selected by the White House to ask questions ignored major issues, failed to follow up, and, in at least one instance, attempted to flatter Biden in a performance that added up to an embarrassment for the White House press corps.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/byron-yorks-daily-memo-an-embarrassing-day-for-the-white-house-press-corps
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: York: An embarrassing day for the White House press corps
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 01:57:40 pm »
A member on another discussion forum described the "reporters"' performance as a tongue bath.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 01:58:59 pm »
A member on another discussion forum described the "reporters"' performance as a tongue bath.

Very colorful!   ANd true I might add. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 03:08:51 pm »
Biden could be wheeled out with his mouth open and the oatmeal still dribbling down his chin and onto his bib while reciting gibberish, and the press would still maintain he gave an outstanding performance.
They're all in on the con.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 03:59:15 pm »
Biden could be wheeled out with his mouth open and the oatmeal still dribbling down his chin and onto his bib while reciting gibberish, and the press would still maintain he gave an outstanding performance.
They're all in on the con.

Couple of times I did see some "spitle".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.