Author Topic: Biden admin calls on Supreme Court to allow warrantless gun confiscation from homes  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Liz George   March 25, 2021

The Biden administration urged the Supreme Court to uphold a warrantless gun confiscation ruling as the nation’s top court heard oral arguments Wednesday on Caniglia v Strom, a case that could have major consequences for the Fourth Amendment where policing, due process and mental health are concerned.

In its first amicus brief before the Supreme Court, the Department of Justice argued the actions taken by law enforcement to confiscate the petitioner’s firearms without a warrant were “reasonable.”

“The touchstone of the Fourth Amendment is reasonableness,” the DOJ’s brief stated. “For criminal investigations, this Court has generally incorporated the Warrant Clause into the Fourth Amendment’s overarching reasonableness requirement, but it has not generally done so for searches or seizures objectively premised on justifications other than the investigation of wrongdoing.”

“The ultimate question in this case is therefore not whether the respondent officers’ actions fit within some narrow warrant exception, but instead whether those actions were reasonable. And under all the circumstances here, they were,” the brief added.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/03/biden-admin-calls-on-supreme-court-to-allow-warrantless-gun-confiscation-from-homes/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And so it begins.

The outcome of this will determine if we have another revolution in my lifetime,or not.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Biden wants to further destroy the Fourth Amendment as well as the Second.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

And so it begins.

The outcome of this will determine if we have another revolution in my lifetime,or not.
its plain the leftists are making their big move now. Pity the flaccid GOP - all they want is to be able to continue stuffing graft in their pockets, and here the batshit crazy commies are gonna force their hand.

No more lip service, it’s choose a side time.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

No more lip service, it’s choose a side time.

Hell with that!  It's been "choose a side" time since 2012.

Some 'Briefers' are dead to me.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

Yeah I feel ya.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
its plain the leftists are making their big move now.

@skeeter

With each day that passes I become more and more convinced that the left KNOWS they have now shot their wad,and after all these years of carefully planning each move a micro-step at a time so if they met resistance they could back off and claim it was all a mistake,they are now 100 percent out of the globalist closet and the door is shut behind them.

The "true believers" in the upper levels really and truly thought THEY represented the mindsets of the typical Americans,and we all dreamed of nothing less than to be servants to the state.

Now it is starting to sink in that took one step too far a couple of decades too soon,and they might just lose it all.

They have no choice now but to go for a total win now because if they don't get that,they will lose and decades of plotting and scheming will have been for nothing.

They really did think Trump would run and hide in a closet in shame after having been beaten by them,and that the American people would avoid him like the plague,and what do they get but an energized Trump and an enthusiastic voting public wanting revenge.

The ONLY chance the Dims have of holding the WH,the Senate,and the Congress come the next election is slim and getting slimmer with every day that passes,so they have no choice but to go radical and hope they can get enough of their legislation passed to be in real control before the next election.

Trump is the Lightening Rod that worries them the most,which will probably result in them placing their entire focus on destroying him,while leaving other candidates with similar plans but less well known to gain some traction.

And there ain't a damn thing they can do to prevent them from gaining traction because ALL of their focus will be on stopping Trump,and rather than flinch from  it,Trump eats it with a spoon.

And while their focus is on Trump,the most grassroots candidates will be able to gain some traction.

Pity the flaccid GOP - all they want is to be able to continue stuffing graft in their pockets, and here the batshit crazy commies are gonna force their hand.

I have zero pity for the posers in the GOP. The only positive thing I can find to say about any of them is "Thank goodness they are all old and some will be too sick and weak to run again in 2024."

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

This is just guns.  Just wait until wealth confiscation.  Our TBR "Principled Conservatives' principles won't buy them a cup of coffee in a few years. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Right. B.C. 2012 years before Christ. And that was here. Way early elsewhere.

That is a little harsh, but I understand.

Nothing changes.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

This is just guns.  Just wait until wealth confiscation. 
Our guns may be in our homes, our closets, whatever. Most of our wealth is parked in banks or brokerage accounts, where we can't prevent anyone from seizing it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Our guns may be in our homes, our closets, whatever. Most of our wealth is parked in banks or brokerage accounts, where we can't prevent anyone from seizing it.

I chose the life I lead. Never was money hungry. I always figured by retirement age this would happen and I would be left with not much.

One Day Closer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

I'm with you, Fred. Whatever wealth I have counts for nothing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm with you, Fred. Whatever wealth I have counts for nothing.

I kinda sorta live in the next world. I expect to see/do some really ugly things before I go. So my plan for the future is eternity in a better place.

Offline skeeter

I have zero pity for the posers in the GOP. The only positive thing I can find to say about any of them is "Thank goodness they are all old and some will be too sick and weak to run again in 2024."
Unfortunately, if we’re gonna avoid some real ugliness we’re gonna hafta depend upon these flakes to turn things around inside the system. Do not believe any but a handful are up to it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

*****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Exactly. When a leftist government decides it needs more money to buy votes and establish ultimate power."POOF!" and the money in savings accounts is gone.

For the public good,of course.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I kinda sorta live in the next world. I expect to see/do some really ugly things before I go. So my plan for the future is eternity in a better place.

@bigheadfred

You mean you have lived this long and haven't been forced by circumstances at one time or another to have already seen and done some ugly things?

You are a lucky,lucky man,Fred!

Offline dfwgator

Thanks, Never Trumpers. Well at least you still have your precious "purity".

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

You mean you have lived this long and haven't been forced by circumstances at one time or another to have already seen and done some ugly things?

You are a lucky,lucky man,Fred!

I killed a man with a knife in 1996. 14 1/2 years in the system.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I killed a man with a knife in 1996. 14 1/2 years in the system.

@bigheadfred

That certainly qualifies!

I can only respond that I was never caught doing anything illegal or questionable.

We will ALL do whatever it is we have to do in order to survive at times.

After all,it's hard to make a stand on the moral high ground when you are buried in it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:16:55 am by sneakypete »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

That certainly qualifies!

I can only respond that I was never caught doing anything illegal or questionable.

We will ALL do whatever it is we have to do in order to survive at times.

There was a memo to NEVER pepper spray me and bring more than three tasers.

I have LEO friends. You talk to them for 2 or 15 years you make friends.

I just have this habit that I fight for my life, my way of life, and FTW.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Legal is the last person standing.

Offline roamer_1

This is just guns.  Just wait until wealth confiscation.  Our TBR "Principled Conservatives' principles won't buy them a cup of coffee in a few years.

Wanna bet?

Offline roamer_1

@mountaineer

Exactly. When a leftist government decides it needs more money to buy votes and establish ultimate power."POOF!" and the money in savings accounts is gone.

For the public good,of course.

Don't worry about it. Your money will be worthless anyway

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Don't worry about it. Your money will be worthless anyway

What is this money thing? There ain't any.