Author Topic: Yale Psychiatrist Who Declared Trump Mentally Unfit Has Been Fired, and She’s Suing  (Read 720 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Yale Psychiatrist Who Declared Trump Mentally Unfit Has Been Fired, and She’s Suing

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/yale-psychiatrist-who-declared-trump-mentally-unfit-has-been-fired-and-shes-suing/

Bandy Lee, the psychiatrist who repeatedly diagnosed Trump as mentally unfit and dangerous, without ever even having met him, has apparently been fired by Yale University.

What a shame.

At one point, Lee’s frequent long-distance diagnoses extended to Professor Alan Dershowitz. He wrote a strongly worded letter to Yale, which apparently played a role.

This all began unfolding last spring, but we’re just finding out now.
Bandy Lee MED ’94 DIV ’95, a formerly Yale-affiliated faculty member in the Department of Psychiatry in School of Medicine, filed a complaint against the University on Monday alleging “unlawful termination… due to her exercise of free speech about the dangers of Donald Trump’s presidency.”

Much as I wish her career ill, unless her contract with Yale included complying with the ethical standards of her profession she may win.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yale Psychiatrist Who Declared Trump Mentally Unfit Has Been Fired, and She’s Suing

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/yale-psychiatrist-who-declared-trump-mentally-unfit-has-been-fired-and-shes-suing/

Much as I wish her career ill, unless her contract with Yale included complying with the ethical standards of her profession she may win.

The "Goldwater Rule" has been a dead letter for years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

The "Goldwater Rule" has been a dead letter for years.
@Cyber Liberty
@roamer_1
@mystery-ak

The "Goldwater Rule", is a RULE, not a law, a group of psychiatrists wrote.  It does not apply to any other mental health workers and again, it is not a law.

However, all states have laws regarding when a mental health worker MUST report to law enforcement and/or medical personnel if the professional believes a patient is a danger to him/herself or danger to others.

It is a fact that mental health workers who observe the same behavior of a person over and over and over, can determine if the witnessed behavior fits the profile of certain personality disorders.  I can do that due to many years of psychologically testing and counseling patients.  At this present time, if I personally knew a person, witnessed the behavior of this person over time and then knew this person was going to harm him/herself or others right then, I would notify law enforcement or medical personnel even though I am not professionally treating the person.  In my practice, when a patient came to me, before we talked about why the patient was there, I told the patient the instances when I would have to notify police or medical personnel.

Dr. Bandy Lee and others in this profession, have evaluated Trump over time.  These professionals knew what they saw in the behavior of Trump over and over, and believed it was their duty to warn the country of this person who was the present president.  I have the two books written by Lee and other professionals.  I will follow this case.

Below is a portion of Texas law, and other states have similar laws, regarding when a Professional mental health worker must notify others if he/she believes the patient is a danger to self or others (consider the rest in "quotes", also my bold):

HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE
TITLE 7. MENTAL HEALTH AND INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY
SUBTITLE E. SPECIAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO MENTAL ILLNESS AND MENTAL RETARDATION
CHAPTER 611. MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS
Sec. 611.001.  DEFINITIONS.  In this chapter:
(1)  "Patient" means a person who consults or is interviewed by a professional for diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of any mental or emotional condition or disorder, including alcoholism or drug addiction.
(2)  "Professional" means:
(A)  a person authorized to practice medicine in any state or nation;
(B)  a person licensed or certified by this state to diagnose, evaluate, or treat any mental or emotional condition or disorder;  or
(C)  a person the patient reasonably believes is authorized, licensed, or certified as provided by this subsection.
Sec. 611.002.CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION AND PROHIBITION AGAINST DISCLOSURE (a)  Communications between a patient and a professional, and records of the identity, diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of a patient that are created or maintained by a professional, are confidential.
(b)  Confidential communications or records may not be disclosed except as provided by Section 611.004 or 611.0045.
(c)  This section applies regardless of when the patient received services from a professional.
Sec. 611.004.  AUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN IN JUDICIAL OR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDING.  (a)  A professional may disclose confidential information only:
(1)  to a governmental agency if the disclosure is required or authorized by law;
(2)  to medical or law enforcement personnel if the professional determines that there is a probability of imminent physical injury by the patient to the patient or others or there is a probability of immediate mental or emotional injury to the patient;
(3)  to qualified personnel for management audits, financial audits, program evaluations, or research, in accordance with Subsection (b);
(4)  to a person who has the written consent of the patient, or a parent if the patient is a minor, or a guardian if the patient has been adjudicated as incompetent to manage the patient's personal affairs;
(5)  to the patient's personal representative if the patient is deceased;
(6)  to individuals, corporations, or governmental agencies involved in paying or collecting fees for mental or emotional health services provided by a professional;
(7)  to other professionals and personnel under the professionals' direction who participate in the diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of the patient;
(8)  in an official legislative inquiry relating to a state hospital or state school as provided by Subsection (c);
(9)  to designated persons or personnel of a correctional facility in which a person is detained if the disclosure is for the sole purpose of providing treatment and health care to the person in custody;
(10)  to an employee or agent of the professional who requires mental health care information to provide mental health care services or in complying with statutory, licensing, or accreditation requirements, if the professional has taken appropriate action to ensure that the employee or agent:
(A)  will not use or disclose the information for any other purposes;  and
(B)  will take appropriate steps to protect the information;  or
(11)  to satisfy a request for medical records of a deceased or incompetent person pursuant to Section 74.051(e), Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
(b)  Personnel who receive confidential information under Subsection (a)(3) may not directly or indirectly identify or otherwise disclose the identity of a patient in a report or in any other manner.
END QUOTE
I will not have a word fight with those of you who disparage mental health workers.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 04:08:36 am by Victoria33 »

Offline thackney

The "Goldwater Rule", is a RULE, not a law, a group of psychiatrists wrote.  It does not apply to any other mental health workers and again, it is not a law.

However, all states have laws regarding when a mental health worker MUST report to law enforcement and/or medical personnel if the professional believes a patient is a danger to him/herself or danger to others.

It is a fact that mental health workers who observe the same behavior of a person over and over and over, can determine if the witnessed behavior fits the profile of certain personality disorders.  I can do that due to many years of psychologically testing and counseling patients.  At this present time, if I personally knew a person, witnessed the behavior of this person over time and then knew this person was going to harm him/herself or others right then, I would notify law enforcement or medical personnel even though I am not professionally treating the person.  In my practice, when a patient came to me, before we talked about why the patient was there, I told the patient the instances when I would have to notify police or medical personnel.

Dr. Bandy Lee and others in this profession, have evaluated Trump over time.  These professionals knew what they saw in the behavior of Trump over and over, and believed it was their duty to warn the country of this person who was the present president.  I have the two books written by Lee and other professionals.  I will follow this case.

Below is a portion of Texas law, and other states have similar laws, regarding when a Professional mental health worker must notify others if he/she believes the patient is a danger to self or others (consider the rest in "quotes", also my bold[):

HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE
TITLE 7. MENTAL HEALTH AND INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY
SUBTITLE E. SPECIAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO MENTAL ILLNESS AND MENTAL RETARDATION
CHAPTER 611. MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS
Sec. 611.001.  DEFINITIONS.  In this chapter:
(1)  "Patient" means a person who consults or is interviewed by a professional for diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of any mental or emotional condition or disorder, including alcoholism or drug addiction.
(2)  "Professional" means:
(A)  a person authorized to practice medicine in any state or nation;
(B)  a person licensed or certified by this state to diagnose, evaluate, or treat any mental or emotional condition or disorder;  or
(C)  a person the patient reasonably believes is authorized, licensed, or certified as provided by this subsection.
Sec. 611.002.CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION AND PROHIBITION AGAINST DISCLOSURE  (a)  Communications between a patient and a professional, and records of the identity, diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of a patient that are created or maintained by a professional, are confidential.
(b)  Confidential communications or records may not be disclosed except as provided by Section 611.004 or 611.0045.
(c)  This section applies regardless of when the patient received services from a professional.
Sec. 611.004.  AUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN IN JUDICIAL OR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDING.  (a)  A professional may disclose confidential information only:
(1)  to a governmental agency if the disclosure is required or authorized by law;
(2)  to medical or law enforcement personnel if the professional determines that there is a probability of imminent physical injury by the patient to the patient or others or there is a probability of immediate mental or emotional injury to the patient;
(3)  to qualified personnel for management audits, financial audits, program evaluations, or research, in accordance with Subsection (b);
(4)  to a person who has the written consent of the patient, or a parent if the patient is a minor, or a guardian if the patient has been adjudicated as incompetent to manage the patient's personal affairs;
(5)  to the patient's personal representative if the patient is deceased;
(6)  to individuals, corporations, or governmental agencies involved in paying or collecting fees for mental or emotional health services provided by a professional;
(7)  to other professionals and personnel under the professionals' direction who participate in the diagnosis, evaluation, or treatment of the patient;
(8)  in an official legislative inquiry relating to a state hospital or state school as provided by Subsection (c);
(9)  to designated persons or personnel of a correctional facility in which a person is detained if the disclosure is for the sole purpose of providing treatment and health care to the person in custody;
(10)  to an employee or agent of the professional who requires mental health care information to provide mental health care services or in complying with statutory, licensing, or accreditation requirements, if the professional has taken appropriate action to ensure that the employee or agent:
(A)  will not use or disclose the information for any other purposes;  and
(B)  will take appropriate steps to protect the information;  or
(11)  to satisfy a request for medical records of a deceased or incompetent person pursuant to Section 74.051(e), Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
(b)  Personnel who receive confidential information under Subsection (a)(3) may not directly or indirectly identify or otherwise disclose the identity of a patient in a report or in any other manner.
END QUOTE
I will not have a word fight with those of you who disparage mental health workers.

Hardly the same as watching someone on TV...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@PeteS in CA

Doesn't matter. We all know what is going to happen is they are all going to agree to settle out of court,and she will end up with a cash buy-out and guaranteed job somewhere. Maybe at another school,or maybe at some globalist corporation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dr. Bandy Lee and others in this profession, have evaluated Trump over time.  These professionals knew what they saw in the behavior of Trump over and over,

Bullshit @Victoria33  These jackasses know only what they were led by the nose to believe.  Not one of these "professionals" evaluated Donald Trump, over time or otherwise.  This is why so many intelligent people consider mental health care providers quacks and losers.  One lies and the other jackasses back her up.

Offline PeteS in CA

@Cyber Liberty
@roamer_1
@mystery-ak
Dr. Bandy Lee and others in this profession, have evaluated Trump over time.  ....

@Victoria33, name one one of these "professionals" who has been within 20 feet of Donald Trump! If none have been in the same room with him and interviewed him at length then none have evaluated him by the standards of their profession. Bandy Lee spoke as a partisan pawn, not professionally, regardless of her partisan pretense.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

Psychiatrist who called Trump supporters mentally ill loses in court against Yale

https://www.thecollegefix.com/psychiatrist-who-called-trump-supporters-mentally-ill-loses-in-court-against-yale/

Former Yale University volunteer and researcher Bandy Lee has lost yet another lawsuit against the school in relation to the non-renewal of her agreement with her.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a prior ruling that found Yale acted lawfully when it decided not to renew an agreement with Lee, who had an unpaid role at the Ivy League university.

Lee (pictured) has not “adequately alleged a promise that Yale would not decline to renew her appointment on account of her public statements,” the three-judge panel ruled. The decision went on to review Lee’s claims and explain why they were being rejected.

“We have considered Lee’s remaining arguments and found them to be without merit,” the judges ruled in conclusion, upholding a district judge’s decision.

****slapping

I'm sure she has found employment with some Prog-Woke outfit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Psychiatrist who called Trump supporters mentally ill loses in court against Yale

https://www.thecollegefix.com/psychiatrist-who-called-trump-supporters-mentally-ill-loses-in-court-against-yale/

****slapping

Still waiting on her diagnosis from a distance on Biden and Harris :shrug:

Online Kamaji

****slapping

:thumbsup: