Author Topic: Joe Biden Pushes ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban After Boulder Attack  (Read 431 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by AWR Hawkins 23 Mar 2021

President Joe Biden called for an “assault weapons” ban following Monday’s shooting attack at the Boulder, Colorado grocery store.

Politico reported Biden urging the Senate to take action on H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, the former of which would create universal background checks and the latter of which would expand the length of time a background check can last.

He also called for an “assault weapons” ban.

Biden admitted he was making his comments before information on the gunman was fully known, saying, “While we’re still waiting for more information, I don’t need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common-sense steps that will save lives in the future, and to urge my colleagues in the House and Senate to act. We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again.”

“I got that done when I was a senator. It passed. It was the law for the longest time. And it brought down these mass killings. We should do it again,” Biden remarked.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/23/joe-biden-pushes-assault-weapons-ban-after-boulder-attack/

Offline mountaineer

Lauren Boebert    @laurenboebert
Colorado already has:
-universal background checks
-a red flag gun control law
-large capacity magazine bans
-domestic violence gun laws
-an extended background check period
-state database background checks
-gun-free zones

Killers like Ahmad Al-Issa don’t follow the law.
7:59 AM · Mar 24, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden: I Don't Have Any of the Facts on Colorado, But We Definitely Need a Gun Ban

Town Hall by Katie Pavlich 3/23/2021

https://townhall.com/tipsheet//katiepavlich/2021/03/23/biden-admits-he-doesnt-know-the-facts-about-the-colorado-shooting-calls-for-gun-control-anyway-n2586745

UPDATE: According to White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, Biden is considering executive action on gun control.

“The way that he sees it is that there a number of levers that any president of the United States can use," Psaki told reporters. "Including working through legislation, including executive action...there’s an ongoing process and I think we feel we have to work on multiple levels at the same time.”

***Original post***

Speaking from the White House Tuesday afternoon, President Joe Biden admitted he doesn't know or have all of the facts about the shooting that took place in Boulder, Colorado Monday night. Regardless, he called for additional infringement on the Second Amendment rights of law abiding Americans.

"I want to be very clear. This is the one thing I do know enough to say on in terms of what's happened there. While we are still waiting for more information regarding the shooter, his motive, the weapons he used, the guns, the magazines, the weapons, the modifications that apparently have taken place with those weapons involved here, I don't need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common sense steps to save lives in the future and to urge my colleagues in the House and Seante to act," Biden said. "We can ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines in this country once again. I got that done when I was a Senator. It passed, it was the law for the longest time...we should do it again."

More at link.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Video: Biden calls for Congress to immediately ‘ban assault weapons, high-capacity magazines’

American Military News by  Laura Widener  March 23, 2021

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/03/video-biden-calls-for-congress-to-immediately-ban-assault-weapons-high-capacity-magazines/

After 10 people died, including a police officer, in a Boulder, Colo. supermarket shooting, President Joe Biden addressed the nation on Tuesday with a brief speech calling for gun control and urging Congress to act “immediately.”

Biden said, “I don’t need to wait another minute, let alone an hour, to take common sense steps that will save lives in the future, and to urge my colleagues in the House and the Senate to act.”

“We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again. I got that done when I was a senator. It passed, it was the law for the longest time and it brought down these mass killings. We should do it again,” he added.

More at link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUlvjW3l4k