Author Topic: IRS plans to extend tax filing deadline to mid-May  (Read 251 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IRS plans to extend tax filing deadline to mid-May
« on: March 17, 2021, 09:39:45 pm »
IRS plans to extend tax filing deadline to mid-May
By Naomi Jagoda - 03/17/21 02:28 PM EDT

he IRS is planning to extend the tax-filing deadline to mid-May, according to two top House Democrats.

A news release Wednesday from House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) and Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee Chairman Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) states that the deadline will be moved from April 15 to May 17.

The development comes after Neal, Pascrell and other lawmakers on both sides of the aisle pressed for an extension of the April 15 deadline in recent weeks.

“This extension is absolutely necessary to give Americans some needed flexibility in a time of unprecedented crisis,” Neal and Pascrell said. “Under titanic stress and strain, American taxpayers and tax preparers must have more time to file tax returns. And the IRS itself started the filing season late, continues to be behind schedule, and now must implement changes from the American Rescue Plan."

Bloomberg News first reported the development.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/543673-irs-plans-to-extend-filing-deadline-to-mid-may-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: IRS plans to extend tax filing deadline to mid-May
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:48:56 pm »
My CPA said this would happen a few weeks ago. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:43:25 pm »
Sent my taxes in already.

I hope the IRS doesn't mishandle and lose them, as they did with my 2019 taxes last year...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 11:27:48 pm »
Damn straight they will, how else will all those illegals Biden invited in have time to get their get their IRS tax ID so that they like those before them can file for a generous refund they never earned courtesy the American Tax payer.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 11:45:41 pm »
IRS announces extension of filing deadline to May 17 per The Hill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34