Author Topic: Cornyn joins Texas business push for legislation to give ‘Dreamers’ permanent legal status  (Read 237 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cornyn joins Texas business push for legislation to give ‘Dreamers’ permanent legal status
Dallas Morning News, Mar 15, 2021

Texas alone is home to more than 100,000 Dreamers, those unauthorized immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children

A new Texas business coalition is urging Congress to pass legislation that would provide permanent legal status to “Dreamers” — those unauthorized immigrants, including more than 100,000 in Texas alone, who were brought to the U.S. as children.

The Texas Opportunity Coalition launched Tuesday with support from Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican whose vote would be key for any such measure to succeed in the Senate.

Cornyn said that “after years of being yanked around from court ruling to court ruling” over DACA, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program launched by former President Barack Obama, “these young men and women deserve certainty to be able to plan their future.”

“The only way to do that is through legislation,” Cornyn said in a taped statement played at a virtual news conference.

More: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/02/02/cornyn-helps-texas-business-coalition-launch-effort-to-urge-congress-to-provide-dreamers-with-permanent-legal-status/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd how those that obsess over the rights and concerns of foreigners that must be remedied, are so utterly blind to the shift onto those very same problems onto to native Americans and care nothing of their plight.  50 to 80 THOUSAND living on the streets of Los Angeles,and also over much of the Untied States.  Democrats the mercy, merciless.  They do pick sides and they don't like Americans, and it clearly shows.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:29:26 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

Cornyn said that “after years of being yanked around from court ruling to court ruling” over DACA, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program launched by former President Barack Obama, “these young men and women deserve certainty to be able to plan their future.”

Then they should certainly go to whatever s-hole country spawned them and get a job there.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cornyn needs to go.  But he's part of Turtle's inner circle so he will stay there and make sure the swamp stays full.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cornyn needs to go.  But he's part of Turtle's inner circle so he will stay there and make sure the swamp stays full.
Cornyn envisions himself the next Mitch, Minority Leader is the Senate, where the GOP is more comfortable taking a back seat than to go out in front.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

I'd say that most of Congress needs to go; most are spineless and worthless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.