Author Topic: Cancel Culture - Leprechauns are racist  (Read 321 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Cancel Culture - Leprechauns are racist
« on: March 13, 2021, 03:46:05 pm »
Meanwhile, in the Moonbat Zone, it's that time of year again ...

Because I am of Irish descent, I thought I'd have a legitimate grievance that leprechauns are racist and margianalize an entire nationality.  But no longer, as a white male Christian of Western European descent born into White Privilege, my very existence upon this Earth is an offensive structurally-racist micro-agression.  It seems I have a racial Original Sin to attone for.  Once again, the accident of birth has placed a stain up my immortal soul.  How do I appologize for existing?  To whom do I send the reparations check, and for what amount?

https://www.irishpost.com/news/racist-irish-people-american-university-pressure-ban-offensive-leprechaun-mascot-fighting-irish-nicknam-149014

ANOTHER day, another innocuous tradition for the offence police to sanitise.

The University of Notre Dame in the US is under pressure to scrap its football team’s leprechaun-themed mascot and ‘Fighting Irish’ nickname amid claims it’s racist.

Professionally outraged ESPN host Max Kellerman took it upon himself on Tuesday to experience offence on behalf of millions of Irish-Americans and call for the traditions to be censored. ...

With the ridiculousness of comparing the ‘Fighting Irish’ logo with the plight of Native Americans obviously lost on Mr Kellerman, he grumbled: “Many Irish-Americans are not offended, but many are.

“And should that also change? The answer is yes, unequivocally yes.

“Pernicious, negative stereotypes of marginalised people that offend even some among them should be changed. It’s not that hard.” ...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 03:47:55 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Cancel Culture - Leprechauns are racist
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 04:55:09 pm »
Well...
It is always a waste of time to present facts to braindead Liberals, because they do not recognize 'facts' as being relevant to their 'beliefs'.
But, here goes anyway.
Leprechauns are an age-old myth.
Leprechauns do not exist.
There are no actual real Leprechauns who can possibly be 'offended'.

Dr. Seuss is mindless gibberish rhymes for children.
Dr. Seuss has nothing to do with racism or selling drugs.
We don't need some Eng. Lit. major to deconstruct and to read subtext into gibberish meant for children.
Liberals are idiots. Liberals are totally insane.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 05:02:40 pm »
The millions Irish who enjoy the leprechaun imagery are obviously ignorant and racist, so they don't count.  All it takes is one offended fake-Mick to cry and it's game over.

Most of the indians didn't give a flying french-fry about the "Redskins", either.

Mature and self-confident adults aren't what the Rodents are trolling for.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

Offline mortarman

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 05:21:58 pm »
Since I am 1/8th Danish, can I claim offense at the Minnesota Viking logo? Or howsa bout Bernie Brewer? I am also 3/4 German. Both visage are butt caricatures jus' the same as the Fighting Irish logo. Or Chief Wahoo. Or Aunt Jemima.

Some people need to take a long walk off a short pier an' jus' SHUT UP!

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 05:28:55 pm »
Irish isn't a race. I am of Irish descent and couldn't care less about the UND mascot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 06:23:46 pm »
Kellerman: good Irish name.