Author Topic: ‘Do the math’: Baker administration clashes with Massachusetts teachers unions over vaccine distribu  (Read 339 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

Meanwhile in Massachusetts, some are more equal than others:

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2021/03/11/charlie-baker-massachusetts-teacher-unions-vaccine-distribution

... the state’s largest teachers unions, the Massachusetts Teachers Association and the state affiliate of the American Federation of Teachers, have put forward an alternative proposal: distribute doses to local sites — similar to what the state did for first responders during Phase 1 of the rollout — and have trained EMTs and firefighters administer the vaccines to teachers. The two unions also suggested piloting the program in 10 to 20 of the school districts with the highest COVID-19 rates.

MTA President Merrie Najimy said Wednesday that the “last mile” plan would be “more efficient and equitable, all while minimizing disruption to student services and the public’s access to mass vaccination sites.” ...

... In a strongly worded statement Thursday afternoon, Tim Buckley, a senior adviser to the Republican governor, said the administration was “dismayed that despite reasonable efforts to prioritize educator vaccinations, the teachers’ unions continue to demand the Commonwealth take hundreds of thousands of vaccines away from the sickest, oldest and most vulnerable residents in Massachusetts and divert them to the unions’ members.”

Buckley noted that 95 percent of Massachusetts teachers are under the age of 65.

“Building an entirely new, exclusive, teacher-only, school by school distribution system would make Massachusetts’ vaccination system slower, less equitable and far more complicated,” he said, imploring the unions “to do the math.” ...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:31:26 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.