Author Topic: ‘Militant-Style Group’ Still Occupies George Floyd Autonomous Zone In Minneapolis  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 â€˜Militant-Style Group’ Still Occupies George Floyd Autonomous Zone In Minneapolis
March 11, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

A “militant-style group” laid claim to the blocks surrounding a makeshift memorial to George Floyd in Minneapolis, refusing to budge from their self-proclaimed autonomous zone unless the city meets their list of 24 demands and preventing police officers and press from entering.

The group’s demands include “recall the county prosecutor, fire the head of the state’s criminal investigative agency, and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on programs to create jobs, combat racism and support affordable housing,” but after law enforcement officers faced “protests, resistance, [and] opposition” from inside the autonomous region, the city plans to tear down the barriers and reopen the streets after the trial for Derek Chauvin, the officer charged in Floyd’s death, in August at the earliest. Jury selection for the trial began this week.

“The George Floyd memorial is an ‘autonomous zone’ with several blocks controlled by activists. Police don’t even go in,” one NewsNation Now correspondent, who called the activists a “militant-style group,” reported. “We tried to respectfully get video — but left after two people confronted us near the barricades. Later learned many protestors don’t even feel comfortable there.”

[
more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/11/militant-style-group-still-occupies-george-floyd-autonomous-zone-in-minneapolis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

If these cities insist on electing dopey leftists for mayors and govs., I hope they become ghost towns. They're undoubtedly discouraging many thousands of possible tourists from visiting....including the wife and me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
These thugs aren't going anywhere, and nobody's going to remove them.

Offline mortarman

George Floyd= Horst Wessel.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

An old-fashioned 3 A.M. hippy round-up is in order.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.