Author Topic: New York Pollution Justice Act of 2021 – What Were They Thinking?  (Read 174 times)

rangerrebew

New York Pollution Justice Act of 2021 – What Were They Thinking?

Just when I think New York politicians cannot do anything more stupid something comes out that proves me wrong.  On March 3, 2021 the New York State Senate passed the New York Pollution Justice Act of 2021.  According to this law power plants that only run during peak periods are ripping off consumers, causing health impacts, and can be replaced with renewable energy systems.  The premise is wrong, the rationale is incorrect, and the solution is risky.  Coming so close to the Texas energy debacle any rational politician might think it would be inappropriate to try to dictate energy policy but the New York Senate majority thinks otherwise.

I am a retired electric utility meteorologist with nearly 40 years-experience analyzing the effects of meteorology on electric operations.  I have been involved with peaking power plants in particular for over 20 years both from a compliance reporting standpoint and also evaluation of impacts and options for these sources.  This background served me well analyzing this issue.  The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the position of any of my previous employers or any other company I have been associated with, these comments are mine alone.

https://pragmaticenvironmentalistofnewyork.blog/2021/03/04/new-york-pollution-justice-act-of-2021-what-were-they-thinking/

Offline thackney

New York Pollution Justice Act of 2021 – What Were They Thinking?

It does not sound like "thinking" was involved.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Pollution justice"...

What will they think of next...?