Author Topic: Austin approves request to extend National Guard deployment at US Capitol  (Read 516 times)

rangerrebew

Austin approves request to extend National Guard deployment at US Capitol
Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — An extension of the National Guard deployment at the U.S. Capitol has been approved through May 23.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin approved the request late Tuesday for nearly 2,300 Guard troops continue to provide security in Washington, D.C., at the request of the Capitol Police, amid worries about continued threats. Officials have been scrambling in recent days to determine if and how to fill the request for more than 2,000 Guard forces, as the original March 12 deadline for them to leave Washington looms.

The 2,300 figure is nearly a 50 percent reduction of the current support force, according to a Pentagon press release. DoD officials will work with U.S. Capitol Police to incrementally reduce the Guard footprint as conditions allows, Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said in the release.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/03/09/pentagon-set-to-ok-extending-national-guard-deployment-at-us-capitol/

rangerrebew

Oh, how the left wailed, cried big crocodile like tears, and gnashed their teeth when Trump even suggested the Guard be used to quell disturbances in DC!!  Now the left wants the Guard to have a permanent presence.  Go figure. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Austin approves request to extend National Guard deployment at US Capitol
Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — An extension of the National Guard deployment at the U.S. Capitol has been approved through May 23.

@rangerrebew

I am for this,providing they are going to be there to arrest and hold for trial the current goobermint officials.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh, how the left wailed, cried big crocodile like tears, and gnashed their teeth when Trump even suggested the Guard be used to quell disturbances in DC!!  Now the left wants the Guard to have a permanent presence.  Go figure. *****rollingeyes*****

@rangerrebew

And let's NOT forget the huge sturdy fences!

Riddle me this,Batman,"WHY are barrier fences like that ok in DC,but bad,bad,BAD,DAMMIT!,when it comes to our borders?"

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They aren't leaving.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They aren't leaving.

@Fishrrman

It is my OPINION that they will leave,and be replaced by a completely new feral organization with a name something like "The Capitol Guard". Snazzy new uniforms,new guns,new cars,new jackboots,the whole enchilada.

Their sole job will be to protect Capital Hills,and the politicians that pollute it,along with their families.

A feral Praetorian Guard,answerable only to the President and the Speaker of the House.

It will be a rebirth of J.Edgar Hoover in a snazzy uniform with more focus.

rangerrebew

@Fishrrman

It is my OPINION that they will leave,and be replaced by a completely new feral organization with a name something like "The Capitol Guard".

Do you mean like Antifa or BLM?  Or how about all those people trained to be of service to the nation by Obama.  The Black Panthers are another possibility.  I think another possible name would be the Capitol Patriots.  Capitol Guard says too much about what their real purpose is. :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Do you mean like Antifa or BLM?  Or how about all those people trained to be of service to the nation by Obama.  The Black Panthers are another possibility. 

@rangerrebew

Nope. Let's face it,all the groups you mentioned above are either retards or insane. I am talking about a real group of LEO's who would consider themselves to be "caped crusaders for truth,justice,and the American way".

Most will be former cops or cop wannabe's with squeaky-clean records who can be depended on to follow orders. In fact,people who LIVE to wear spiffy uniforms and follow orders.

I think another possible name would be the Capitol Patriots.

Maybe,but that implies that no one BUT them are patriotic,including their political bosses. The Pols ain't gonna like that.

A name similar to "The Capital Guard" would serve to bond them as members of a shared mission for truth and justice as their bosses see it,and give them reason to feel good about themselves as they fill their unique roles of protecting our and THEIR  masters from the citizens.

A unique spiffy uniform would help,too.

Capitol Guard says too much about what their real purpose is. :whistle:

Yup,and help recruit new members while doing so while subtly reminding Joe and Suzie Sixpack that our political masters NEED protection from "those out of control rednecks that just don't seem to be willing to "follow reasonable orders to do things like turn their guns in to have them melted down into scrap". Not to mention doing the same with their privately owned cars and happily move into public housing near work so they can walk to work or ride a company bus to work. Saving the environment is important too,you know,just like freeing up the congested roads so our political masters AND their police force can more conveniently go about the business of taking care of us as they drive about in THEIR cars.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:24:42 am by sneakypete »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Fishrrman

It is my OPINION that they will leave,and be replaced by a completely new feral organization with a name something like "The Capitol Guard". Snazzy new uniforms,new guns,new cars,new jackboots,the whole enchilada.

Their sole job will be to protect Capital Hills,and the politicians that pollute it,along with their families.

A feral Praetorian Guard,answerable only to the President and the Speaker of the House.

It will be a rebirth of J.Edgar Hoover in a snazzy uniform with more focus.
@sneakypete
It is my OPINION that they will leave,and be replaced by a completely new feral organization with a name something like "The Capitol Guard".

personally I think something more like the "Senatorial Service", just think of all the time and money saved coming up with new designs, they can just use those from the past, after all if they are going to serve the same basic function...............

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

personally I think something more like the "Senatorial Service", just think of all the time and money saved coming up with new designs, they can just use those from the past, after all if they are going to serve the same basic function...............

@GtHawk

You ain't NEVER going to get Congress to agree to fund and vote for that.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

You ain't NEVER going to get Congress to agree to fund and vote for that.
@sneakypete I think you are giving our current Congress way too much credit in the intelligence department, there are plenty of morons on the dem side that the few pubs of similar shall we say lack of capacity? :pondering: could push it right on thru.

rangerrebew

Maybe,but that implies that no one BUT them are patriotic,including their political bosses. The Pols ain't gonna like that.

Why are the Guard there to begin with?  To protect congress from the evil domestic terrorists, or conservatives, if you will.  That is exactly what the left wants, to have their ideas seen at patriotic, and conservatism not.  The MSM will massage stories about the Guard being there to drive that point home.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why are the Guard there to begin with?

@rangerrebew

You are asking the wrong person,because I don't have a bleeping clue.  In MY opinion,the Feral Goobermint created this problem,let THEM deal with it and take the blame for anything negative that happens.

To protect congress from the evil domestic terrorists, or conservatives, if you will.  That is exactly what the left wants, to have their ideas seen at patriotic, and conservatism not.

I agree that is what the left wants,but that doesn't mean we have to give it to them,or even cooperate in any way.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Explosive: Biden’s Pentagon Chief Overrode National Guard General on Keeping Troops in D.C.
https://trendingpolitics.com/explosive-bidens-pentagon-chief-overrode-national-guard-general-on-keeping-troops-in-d-c-knab/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Explosive: Biden’s Pentagon Chief Overrode National Guard General on Keeping Troops in D.C.
https://trendingpolitics.com/explosive-bidens-pentagon-chief-overrode-national-guard-general-on-keeping-troops-in-d-c-knab/

@mystery-ak

The last I heard,the NG comes under the commands of the various state governors,not the feral goobermint.

Has this somehow been changed? If so,who and when?

I really,really,REALLY would like to read that some Governor told DC to go urinate up a rope. I would stand up and cheer until I lost my breath.