Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 28724 times)

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #625 on: March 18, 2021, 07:38:11 pm »
See, I see that the other way around.Desiring the federal government to impose it's will upon the sovereignty of a state is exactly the opposite of federalism.
Don't worry. Your demonrat brethren will continue to destroy the Constitution.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #626 on: March 18, 2021, 07:39:45 pm »
Don't worry. Your demonrat brethren will continue to destroy the Constitution.

They are not my brethren.
But better the democrats destroying the Constitution than y'all.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #627 on: March 18, 2021, 07:46:56 pm »
They are not my brethren.
But better the democrats destroying the Constitution than y'all.
They are your brethren that you keep sticking up for. Your just another lying liberal troll on a conservative website.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #628 on: March 18, 2021, 07:49:20 pm »
They are your brethren that you keep sticking up for. Your just another lying liberal troll on a conservative website.

I have never 'stuck up' for a Democrat a single time. You're just pissed because I won't 'stick up' for your boy either.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #629 on: March 18, 2021, 07:54:09 pm »
I have never 'stuck up' for a Democrat a single time. You're just pissed because I won't 'stick up' for your boy either.
You continue to do so with every post and my statement stands. Why don't you just admit it. The only thing worse than lying to other is lying to yourself libby.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #630 on: March 18, 2021, 08:02:02 pm »
See, I see that the other way around.Desiring the federal government to impose it's will upon the sovereignty of a state is exactly the opposite of federalism.

Yet the requirement for State Legislatures to set the laws for choosing Presidential Electors is clearly stated in the Constitution, and that can't be delegated to bureaucrats as was done in PA.  This command was violated, and it demonstrably harmed the electors in the other 49 States.  I suppose a case can still be made that one State cannot force another State to obey the clear language in the US Constitution, but the SCOTUS would have had to take the case on its merits to determine that, and they did not do so. 

They shirked their duty to tell Texas to pound sand.  They did not even have the guts to do that when they denied standing without any explanation.  Sadly, this has intelligent people claiming there is no evidence because a Court never heard it.  This was exactly the argument made by one Jazz person, and he made himself a laughingstock in so doing.  "Wasn't presented to a Court, therefore it does not exist."

There's a word for that, I think it's "specious."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #631 on: March 18, 2021, 08:23:36 pm »

Please, stop talking.  You're making the "principled conservative" class look like idiots.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #632 on: March 18, 2021, 08:29:52 pm »
You continue to do so with every post and my statement stands. Why don't you just admit it. The only thing worse than lying to other is lying to yourself libby.

Odd, ain't it then, when most of those state legislators I am defending are Republican led...  :whistle:
Of course I have about as much respect for Republicans as I do Democrats, so it ain't saying much either way... Other than your accusation being false.

However, I DO rise to defend state sovereignty and am less enamored than y'all with your devil may care attitude, so long as your boy gets to take another swing. That ain't worth ripping down the very heart of sovereignty

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #633 on: March 18, 2021, 08:38:39 pm »
Odd, ain't it then, when most of those state legislators I am defending are Republican led... 

What's odd is you think the SC denying these legislatures their Constitutionally-guaranteed right to determine how electors are chosen is defending them. 

Odd, and stoopid.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #634 on: March 18, 2021, 08:39:53 pm »

I think you meant to use "you're".

You might want to look out for the secret DU trap door.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #635 on: March 18, 2021, 08:51:25 pm »
Yet the requirement for State Legislatures to set the laws for choosing Presidential Electors is clearly stated in the Constitution, and that can't be delegated to bureaucrats as was done in PA. 

There is an argument in that - As the administration, and its minions are acting as agents of the Legislature - That is, they are necessarily delegated to carry out what the legislature has devised. In that, they are without a doubt acting as agents of the legislature, or your only argument is that the legislature itself should have to man every voting station and run the tally by themselves ... Which would be a ludicrous stretch of what you are saying - The absurdity used to make the point - Agents ARE delegated legitimately and ARE acting as agents of the legislature.

So would it not be that very legislature which should be the deciding body when determining what they themselves meant, and whether violations were committed and whether those violations stand in abeyance of whatever parameters they may use? In the case were the power is SOLELY entrusted, doesn't that mean it is theirs to do as they see fit?

This command was violated [...]

According to whom? Because I would think that is the legislature's call - As the sole practitioner of right and power.

[...]
and it demonstrably harmed the electors in the other 49 States. 

How hard would it be for liberal states, using the same logic, to claim the legislatures of Conservative states are causing them harm with their lax gun laws - another avenue, similar in sovereignty... And use this very tactic as precedence to force gun control via the SCOTUS... Make them damn legislators do it right...

'whose ox got gored' is a slippery ass slope.

I suppose a case can still be made that one State cannot force another State to obey the clear language in the US Constitution, but the SCOTUS would have had to take the case on its merits to determine that, and they did not do so. 

What is explicit is the state's right and singular power, and in that, a large part of its sovereignty rests. And no, likely it is better that the SCOTUS did not take it up, and leave it sacred.

They shirked their duty to tell Texas to pound sand.  They did not even have the guts to do that when they denied standing without any explanation.  Sadly, this has intelligent people claiming there is no evidence because a Court never heard it.  This was exactly the argument made by one Jazz person, and he made himself a laughingstock in so doing.  "Wasn't presented to a Court, therefore it does not exist."

I would prefer a more reasoned motive. Or at least the impetus to allow for one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:58:01 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #636 on: March 18, 2021, 09:26:38 pm »
@Bigun
I get that just fine. But the enforcement remains with the legislature if it is indeed their SOLE power. It is their acquiescence that is on point. Had they got a bug in their butt and barked at the state administration, and that administration ignored them, THEN the courts would be there to provide remedy TO THE LEGISLATURE. It is the legislature that has the 'injury'.

But in passive acquiescence, The legislature is claiming no harm to their SOLE power. That is exactly why it will get nowhere. The state legislatures respectively are the only ones with standing. They are the ones with 'harm'. but they are not the ones standing in front of the court.

I said this same thing early on, maybe to @Cyber Liberty ... If they could not prove interstate collusion, the whole thing would collapse into a score of separate issues and those are a matter for the state, and the crime and punishment of it likely cannot sway the election, as each is treated as an instance.

And that is exactly what happened.

Really?   So you say the federal courts exist to come between the state legislature and it's governor?

Where is that in the Constitution?

Meanwhile, back in America, ONE of the powers delegated SOLELY to the state legislature is the definition of the process for selecting federal electors.   When the state judiciaries or executives interfere, the federal courts must intervene to nullify those fraudulent electors.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #637 on: March 18, 2021, 09:28:34 pm »
What you don't seem to be getting here @roamer_1 is that the legislatures HAD acted and laws WERE in place that governed how presidential electors were to be chosen in their states. Those laws were violated on a grand scale and, under the Constitution, THAT is not allowed!

He gets it just fine.

He gets it so well that he can't admit he gets it because he realizes that if he admits that fact then he also has to admit the fact that the inauguration of that senile usurper was fraudulent and that Trump actually won the election.  Something no American has problems with saying.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #638 on: March 18, 2021, 09:33:46 pm »
I will flatly disagree with you in that @Bigun and that does not happen much.

It is not in the interest of federalism to force a legislature to act upon their SOLE power. In the forcing, you prove it is not a SOLE power after all. And mark my words, you will not like where that goes.

@Bigun

Methinks you imagine the state legislatures just cobble together any old legislation and if they don't do it right the federal government can give them the boot.

Since the courts of Pennsylvania do not have the authority to select federal electors, the electors selected by those people are not valid and the necessary thing for the Congress to do is to reject those electors, and, if this is brought into the federal court by a state that is harmed by the judges in Pennsylvania, the federal court is required, by the Constitution, to declare those electors void as well.

You do want the courts to obey the Constitution, don't you?

This isn't "forcing the state legislature to exercise their SOLE power",   this is protecting that power from unlawful incursions by other agents.   You do know that the state legislature of Pennsylvania HAD defined how the electors would be chosen, don't you?

Know that what means, then?   The legislature had already exercised their power and the federal government is not "forcing" them to do anything more.   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:34:45 pm by Sled Dog »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #639 on: March 18, 2021, 09:34:58 pm »
Really?   So you say the federal courts exist to come between the state legislature and it's governor?

Where is that in the Constitution?

Meanwhile, back in America, ONE of the powers delegated SOLELY to the state legislature is the definition of the process for selecting federal electors.   When the state judiciaries or executives interfere, the federal courts must intervene to nullify those fraudulent electors.

Then it is not a sole and singular power and is at the beck and call of other states and an overweening federal court.

Swell.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #640 on: March 18, 2021, 09:37:29 pm »

He gets it just fine.

He gets it so well that he can't admit he gets it because he realizes that if he admits that fact then he also has to admit the fact that the inauguration of that senile usurper was fraudulent and that Trump actually won the election.  Something no American has problems with saying.

I really don't give a single sh*t about either one of em. I DO care about tearing down state sovereignty and leaning on federal power to do it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #641 on: March 18, 2021, 09:44:00 pm »

Methinks you imagine the state legislatures just cobble together any old legislation and if they don't do it right the federal government can give them the boot.

Since the courts of Pennsylvania do not have the authority to select federal electors, the electors selected by those people are not valid and the necessary thing for the Congress to do is to reject those electors, and, if this is brought into the federal court by a state that is harmed by the judges in Pennsylvania, the federal court is required, by the Constitution, to declare those electors void as well.

You do want the courts to obey the Constitution, don't you?

This isn't "forcing the state legislature to exercise their SOLE power",   this is protecting that power from unlawful incursions by other agents.   You do know that the state legislature of Pennsylvania HAD defined how the electors would be chosen, don't you?

Know that what means, then?   The legislature had already exercised their power and the federal government is not "forcing" them to do anything more.   

A ridiculously circular argument... As the only remedies are for the very same offending legislature to hand pick replacement electors (which are likely to be the very same ones as in the first place), or to disenfranchise the state altogether, and the only other thing that happens is the fed getting to flex against the state under the color of law.

Meh.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #642 on: March 18, 2021, 09:45:11 pm »
Ok ...SO for me, it's back to the question and dilemma of how do we possibly prevent another election from being stolen?

The DEMS tried during the past mid terms and finally succeeded in stealing the election in the  general.

What if anything can be done?  SCOTUS sure as heck didn't even bother to lift a finger.

The DEMS are in complete control and they sure as heck are going to make up the rules from this point forward and don't have a care in the world whether or not what they do is constitutional.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #643 on: March 18, 2021, 10:05:50 pm »
Then it is not a sole and singular power and is at the beck and call of other states and an overweening federal court.

Swell.

What part of the fact that the state legislatures DID enact LAWS regarding the selection of the state's electors did you miss when you decided that the federal government was going to "force" them to do it instead?

What part of the fact that the Constitution REQUIRES each state to have a republican form of government has escaped your attention?  You know, the part where it's the legislatures that make the laws, not the courts or the executive?

Neither state nor federal courts can change how a state selects it's electors.   Do you understand that much, or must that be spelled out, too?

Neither the president, the governors, or any other non-legislative body can change a state's method for selecting electors.   That's what it means when the Constitution says the state LEGISLATURES determine the process.

What standing did Texas have to sue PA and the other Rodent-holes for their failure to obey this simple Constitutional restriction?   Why, the presence of fraudulent electors was sufficient to alter the outcome of the election, and thus EVERY state had standing to sue, and it's a said commentary on the rise of fascism in the US that not every state joined Texas.  Only those still possessing a republican form of government did so.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #644 on: March 18, 2021, 10:20:29 pm »
Yet the requirement for State Legislatures to set the laws for choosing Presidential Electors is clearly stated in the Constitution, and that can't be delegated to bureaucrats as was done in PA.  This command was violated, and it demonstrably harmed the electors in the other 49 States.  I suppose a case can still be made that one State cannot force another State to obey the clear language in the US Constitution, but the SCOTUS would have had to take the case on its merits to determine that, and they did not do so. 

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #645 on: March 18, 2021, 10:28:30 pm »
Ok ...SO for me, it's back to the question and dilemma of how do we possibly prevent another election from being stolen?

You get out and vote.

You get out and vote the RINOs out as the very first step.   

Every time there's a primary election, go vote as many times as you can to defeat the RINO infestation.   

Every time there's a school board election, go to the meetings and quiz the prospective board members, in front of everyone, where they stand on the issues.  Ask "can boyz be girls? Do boys belong in girls sports and girls locker rooms?  Where do you stand on the 1619 project?  Do your students know your political ideology or where you, as a math teacher, stand on the issue of immigration or medicare for all?"  etc.   

Normal people who belong in front of a classroom should know the correct answers to those:  no, no, no, no, bogus, no they don't.

Get with your friends and neighbors, identify not only the outright traitors but the squishes and kick them out.  Hound their meetings and rallies so others know what vile people they are.

And, when it comes time for the general election and if a RINO has passed a primary, vote for the Rodent. 

The first step in curing any disease is to stop it's spread.  That means the RINO has to go, first thing, to show that crime doesn't pay.

The DEMS tried during the past mid terms and finally succeeded in stealing the election in the  general.

The Rodents have been stealing elections my entire life, since I was born when JFK was busy getting people murdered on the beaches in Cuba.   If they can't steal an election, they do everything they can to overturn it.   I remember Nixon and the Watergate farce.   I also remember how they treated Reagan, Bush and Bush Boy and the Final President, too.

The way to stop Rodents from stealing election is to stop electing RINO squishes who accept stolen elections as something normal.  That's step #1.

Step #2 is to prosecute and execute.   Yeah, we need new definitions of capital crimes.  Election fraud is worse than murder.   The Rodents killed the world's oldest and greatest republic via election fraud.   

France came back from Napoleon and finally settled down to being a republic that has stability if not dignity.   The United States and the real Americans are a hundred times better and stronger than the French.   We can fry the Rodents if we work together.    in freshly fracked crude oil, hopefully.

What if anything can be done?  SCOTUS sure as heck didn't even bother to lift a finger.

1) regain control of the House and Senate, with 2/3 of the Senate in American hands.  Then start impeaching the bastards on the court that refused to hear these election cases.   Cite them for unconstitutional behavior and corruption.

2) Try fighting.   That means you have to get off the bench.

she DEMS are in complete control and they sure as heck are going to make up the rules from this point forward and don't have a care in the world whether or not what they do is constitutional.

If they felt secure in their stolen power, they wouldn't be so frantic to distract the Americans from their power, and they would instead be flaunting their power.

We Americans had well over 75 million voters for Trump.   Certainly several million more than that since there's absolutely no way some senile derelict in a hidden basement and some mattress-backed incompetent Karen slut gathered 80 million votes.  They didn't get 60 million.   

So you fight.  You don't try to hold the line and you don't support people who want to hold the line.  Wars are not won by holding the line.  Wars are won by attacking the enemy.   Ask General Redacted Lee about the Civil War.   They held the line real good.  And lost.   Germany held the line in WWI.  And lost.  South Vietnam and the US held the line.  And lost. (Well, the South Vietnamese lost.  The US didn't lose that war, the Rodents in Congress deserted our allies in the battlefield and let them lose instead.)

Anyways, people who don't fight don't win.  People who don't win are called losers.  So fight, and fight to win.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #646 on: March 18, 2021, 10:31:36 pm »

There isn't one intelligent person claiming it didn't happen merely because corrupt courts refused to allow the cases or hear the evidence.    That's someone dishonest or non-intelligent people do.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #647 on: March 18, 2021, 10:38:55 pm »
A ridiculously circular argument... As the only remedies are for the very same offending legislature to hand pick replacement electors (which are likely to be the very same ones as in the first place), or to disenfranchise the state altogether, and the only other thing that happens is the fed getting to flex against the state under the color of law.

Meh.

The only remedy was for the courts to reject the fraudulent electors, and then, since the Rodents did not then have enough electors to take the Presidency, the matter would have been sent to the House of Representatives, where each state delegation would have voted which candidate would be president.   

Don't you read the damn thing you keep complaining about?

Constitution of the United States of America, Amendment XII:
The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;—The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;—The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. note 14 —The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States. ratified #12 affects 8

So the Court rejects the false electors.

Or the President of the Senate rejects them.

Then the election is cast into the House, and each state delegation gets ONE vote for President.

No, the state the produced the false electors DOES not get to hand pick new ones on the fly.

Read the damn documents and stop lecturing US on your ignorance.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #648 on: March 18, 2021, 10:39:20 pm »
What part of the fact that the state legislatures DID enact LAWS regarding the selection of the state's electors did you miss when you decided that the federal government was going to "force" them to do it instead?

There are only two remedies possible: Either the court, at the behest of several states, forces the legislature to hand pick alternate electors, or Penn is just disenfranchised and get NO electors. Which of those are not forcing Penn?

IF, by chance, the Penn legislature had taken exception, and waded into the middle of it, I am sure you would have cheered and been all about states rights. This is where passive acquiescence becomes an actual action, as the direct opposite of that... BECAUSE the state decided to take NO action, somehow now they've gone too far, and require a comeuppance from the SCOTUS and a group of states.

What you don't realize is that had that actually happened what would have been proven is that the state legislature is NOT the sole power, and can be forced into a different action by it's 'betters'

That is a grievous harm with long lasting implications, and a terrible precedent.

What part of the fact that the Constitution REQUIRES each state to have a republican form of government has escaped your attention?  You know, the part where it's the legislatures that make the laws, not the courts or the executive?

And administrations, as agents of the legislature charged with the actual doing, run into gray areas all the time. It ain't that black and white. And when that happens and the legislature takes exception, it provides clarity on the fly with ammendments and laws meant to stifle trouble and put things right - Or not. Leaning on the 'not', again: Passive Acquiescence.

Likewise the courts - They do not function in a vacuum, and they too have to step out of line (declared emergencies as an example) and make decisions that are over the edge. Again, the legislature can provide clarity with amendments and laws, and even impeachments - Or not. Again, acquiescence.

Neither state nor federal courts can change how a state selects it's electors.   Do you understand that much, or must that be spelled out, too?

Unless of course, you want them to step in and do so in YOUR favor. Which is what the end game is in TX v PN

Neither the president, the governors, or any other non-legislative body can change a state's method for selecting electors.   That's what it means when the Constitution says the state LEGISLATURES determine the process.

What standing did Texas have to sue PA and the other Rodent-holes for their failure to obey this simple Constitutional restriction?   Why, the presence of fraudulent electors was sufficient to alter the outcome of the election, and thus EVERY state had standing to sue, and it's a said commentary on the rise of fascism in the US that not every state joined Texas.  Only those still possessing a republican form of government did so.

I doubt you will find a single state that won't require some wiggle room. But it's great for getting all hepped up, rending your clothes at the injustice of it all. I wonder if you'll do the same when the precedence you set gets turned around and shoved in your face by the Democrats - Or will the goose and the gander be the same?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #649 on: March 18, 2021, 10:40:50 pm »
Please, stop talking.  You're making the "principled conservative" class look like idiots.

The only principle the self-proclaimed Principled Conservatives have is to make sure the real conservatives never gain enough power to stop the PC clowns and their pubic lice from riding the gravy trains.