Author Topic: Biden takes victory lap after Senate passes coronavirus relief package  (Read 509 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden takes victory lap after Senate passes coronavirus relief package
By Tal Axelrod - 03/06/21 03:45 PM EST

President Biden took a victory lap Saturday after the Senate passed his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, handing him his biggest legislative victory since he took office.

“It’s a good day today. When we took office 45 days ago, I promised the American people help was on the way. Today, I can say we’ve taken one more giant step forward in delivering on that promise that help is on the way,” Biden said in remarks from the White House.

The legislation passed Saturday in a 50-49 vote after a whirlwind session that lasted over 24 hours. The package was passed via budget reconciliation, a process that allowed it to avoid a 60-vote filibuster, However, the bill first had to undergo a vote-a-rama during which any senator could propose an amendment to change the legislation.

The laborious process produced the longest vote in Senate history, but Biden touted it as necessary in the fight against the coronavirus. The package provides another round of stimulus checks, aid for state and local government, more help for small businesses and schools, and looks to bolster the nation’s growing vaccination effort.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/541961-biden-takes-victory-lap-after-senate-passes-coronavirus-relief
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Raheem Kassam
@RaheemKassam

The COVID Bill just passed and only 1,044 people (of 1.89M) subscribers, care what Biden has to say about it.

2:08 PM · Mar 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/1368277385049763846

Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker

Replying to @RaheemKassam

I still think it's hilarious they had to shut the comments off.

The White House is obviously afraid of hearing from real Americans.

2:18 PM · Mar 6, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1368279905604153352

Online Right_in_Virginia

Raheem Kassam
@RaheemKassam

Remember, they claim he got 81 MILLION votes.

Honeslty I’m starting to believe he didn’t get 18 MILLION.

2:10 PM · Mar 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/1368277823459389444

Online Right_in_Virginia

Biden spoke for 10 minutes, and again walked off without taking questions.

Some victory.   :smokin:

Online libertybele

Biden spoke for 10 minutes, and again walked off without taking questions.

Some victory.   :smokin:

888high58888 The last thing that Sloe Joe is, is victorious.  He is a big time LOSER in more ways than one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

It would take him at least five minutes to take a victory lap at your local high school 400m track.
Go, Joe!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
With a Trillion dollars left over from the last spending bill of 5.9 Trillion, of course the Democrats were desperate to not allow any informed person to ask questions.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

The legislation passed Saturday in a 50-49 vote after a whirlwind session that lasted over 24 hours. The package was passed via budget reconciliation, a process that allowed it to avoid a 60-vote filibuster, However, the bill first had to undergo a vote-a-rama during which any senator could propose an amendment to change the legislation.

A filibuster can be stopped with a successful cloture vote.  But a vote-a-rama can never be stopped unless one side gives up.  The Republicans gave up.  They quit.  They surrendered.  They yielded to the Democrats.  They gave Biden his victory dance.  They let us down.  Again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Raheem Kassam
@RaheemKassam

Remember, they claim he got 81 MILLION votes.

Honeslty I’m starting to believe he didn’t get 18 MILLION.

2:10 PM · Mar 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/1368277823459389444

The bottom line is that the Democrats just got $1.9 trillion dollars to split between the 2024 and 2028 elections.  And the Republicans let it happen because getting the weekend off was more important than saving the country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A token few Republicans should beat those democrats senseless, however those that sat on their thumbs last election that HELPED made this mess, well, give them a pass?  NOT LIKELY
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

BassWrangler

Re: Biden takes victory lap after Senate passes coronavirus relief package
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 02:13:14 am »
I read this headline and the immediate thought that popped into my head was an image of Biden going around a track using a walker.