Author Topic: Judge must reconsider third-degree murder charge in Derek Chauvin case, appeals court rules  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge must reconsider third-degree murder charge in Derek Chauvin case, appeals court rules
by Jake Dima, Breaking News Reporter |
 | March 05, 2021 03:29 PM

A court of appeals decided on Friday that the judge presiding over former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin's trial must reconsider tacking on a third-degree murder charge, which was dropped in October.

Prosecutors initially added the count to Chauvin's charges after he was seen on video kneeling on George Floyd's neck for nearly nine minutes in late May. Floyd lost consciousness and was later pronounced dead at the hospital. On Oct. 22, Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill sided with Chauvin's defense team and dropped the offense, but he retained the second-degree murder and manslaughter charges.

The Minnesota Court of Appeals ruled on Friday that the judge must hear any additional arguments from county attorneys in addition to Chauvin's defense team on reinstating the third-degree murder change and that his determination "must be consistent with this opinion." The former Minneapolis policeman has the opportunity to appeal the verdict to the state Supreme Court, which may delay the trial.

Third-degree murder in the state of Minnesota carries a maximum penalty of 25 years and involves "perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-derek-chauvin-reconsider-third-degree-murder-charge
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Anything to stop another riot.  It won't work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
So judges are prosecutors now, too.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

A marvelous efficiency of manpower:  Judges are now prosecutors and defense attorneys!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

A marvelous efficiency of manpower:  Judges are now prosecutors and defense attorneys!

Reminds me of the Flynn case.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Anything more than an Excessive Force Conviction is a travesty of justice.

Saint George the Fentanyl King has done enough f'n damage to this country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Der Richter Roland Freisler blazed the path we're traveling down in the US today.