Author Topic: Marines Downgrade Russia Threat To Focus on China  (Read 183 times)

rangerrebew

Marines Downgrade Russia Threat To Focus on China
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:46:20 am »
 Marines Downgrade Russia Threat To Focus on China

Commandant Gen. David Berger tells SecDef Austin he won't ask for more money in the new budget, but asks for authority to kick tanks, helicopters, out of the force
By   Paul McLeary on March 02, 2021 at 11:11 AM

WASHINGTON: The Marine Corps commandant has for the first time put Russia alongside Iran, North Korea, and extremist groups as areas that will “continue to pose threats,” while elevating China to the undisputed top of threats facing US policy makers.

“China will remain the pacing threat for the next decade,” Berger wrote in the memo obtained by Breaking Defense, a point he has made before while usually including Russia as a close second.

The ordering of the Marine Corps’ threat picture over the next decade marks a major downgrade for how the Corps sees Russia, though Gen. David Berger’s Feb. 23 memo to Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin largely maintains the major internal reforms he’s pushed over the past two years. Those efforts, which include divesting of the Corps’ inventory of Abrams tanks and shedding 12,000 Marines, has been aimed at reinventing the Corps for operations across the expanses of the Pacific.

https://breakingdefense.com/2021/03/marines-downgrade-russia-threat-to-focus-on-china/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Marines Downgrade Russia Threat To Focus on China
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 08:00:18 pm »
Why has the World forgotten that the PRC is a Communist regime?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.