Author Topic: ‘It is now time to open Texas 100%:’ Texas Gov. Greg Abbott reverses statewide pandemic orders  (Read 1353 times)

Offline thackney

‘It is now time to open Texas 100%:’ Texas Gov. Greg Abbott reverses statewide pandemic orders
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/03/02/texas-gov-greg-abbott-to-make-statewide-announcement-in-lubbock/
 March 2, 2021

Exactly eight months after issuing a mask mandate in most Texas counties, Gov. Greg Abbott reversed that order on Tuesday, along with most other statewide COVID-19 orders he signed last year.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott made the statewide announcement Tuesday while speaking to the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce.

“Too many Texans have been sidelined from employment opportunities,” Abbott said. “Too many small business owners have struggled to pay their bills. This must end. It is now time to open Texas 100%.”

Also effective next Wednesday, all businesses regardless of classifications are allowed to open to 100% capacity, Abbott said....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's about damned time!  There was never any need for this foolishness in the first place!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Declares That America is Back! *NO* Mask Mandate, Businesses Can Open 100% Capacity

by Kyle Becker
18 minutes ago
updated 6 minutes ago

Texas has declared that “America is back.”

After a year of the Democrats’ destructive and futile lockdowns, mask mandates that did nothing significant to slow the spread, and a full year since the 15 days to slow the spread lie, the Lone Star State is taking a bold stand on behalf of freedom.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott made the stunning announcement today:

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/texas-declares-that-america-is-back-no-mask-mandate-businesses-can-open-100-capacity-knab/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Free at last!  Free at last!  Thank God Almighty - free at last!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's about damned time! There was never any need for this BS in the first place!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

...If COVID-19 hospitalizations in any of the 22 hospital regions in Texas get above 15% of the hospital bed capacity in that region for seven straight days, a County Judge in that region may use COVID-19 mitigation strategies. However, County Judges may not impose jail time for not following COVID-19 orders nor may any penalties be imposed for failing to wear a face mask. If restrictions are imposed at a County level, those restrictions may not include reducing capacity to less than 50% for any type of entity.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-lifts-mask-mandate-opens-texas-100-percent

Offline RetBobbyMI

Woo Hoo!!! Texas Independence Day again.

Of course, Dem Mayors and County Judges oppose as does the Texas Dem Party. That in itself shows it is all political.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

Yay for Texas!!!!!   Open up and get your huge economy going again.  The country needs TX strong!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline libertybele

Time for all states to thumb their noses and open up.  Trump ensured that the states had proper medical equipment, expansion of hospital space and that the rollout of the vaccines would be expedited.  Time to open up folks! Time to realize that Facui and crew are full of it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:53:21 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

Both Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo and Houston Mayor Sylvester expressed how disappointed they are with Gov. Greg Abbott’s decision.

Imagine that!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It's about damned time!  There was never any need for this foolishness in the first place!
Besides the fact it is not allowed in the Texas Constitution to dismantle freedoms this long.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Both Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo and Houston Mayor Sylvester expressed how disappointed they are with Gov. Greg Abbott’s decision.

Imagine that!

I read that this morning.  I said to myself... Self. Iam shocked that two fine rats would say such a thing.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I read that this morning.  I said to myself... Self. Iam shocked that two fine rats would say such a thing.

My reaction to those two idiots crying.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Besides the fact it is not allowed in the Texas Constitution to dismantle freedoms this long.

:yowsa: but Constitutions are so out of style now!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Great timing by the Governor as well making the announcement on Texas Independence Day.

I just with the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky had the spine enough to make the same proclamation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Imagine that!
Most all of the Dem mayors and county judges, along with the Texas dem Party, chimed in that Abbott's move "is a mistake".  That shows the mass masking and lockdowns are all political.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Great timing by the Governor as well making the announcement on Texas Independence Day.

I just with the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky had the spine enough to make the same proclamation.
I believe he did it as spring break is coming, and the rules would be broken anyway.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline thackney

AOC Rages over Texas Reopening: ‘This Endangers the Entire Country and Beyond’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/03/aoc-rages-over-texas-reopening-this-endangers-the-entire-country-and-beyond/

And is she just pretending Florida does not exist?

DeSantis extends order banning local governments from enforcing mask mandate violations
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/11/25/gov-desantis-extends-order-banning-local-governments-from-enforcing-mask-mandate-violations/
November 25, 2020

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-