Author Topic: Gasoline Crisis Paralyzes One of Every Seven Texas Stations  (Read 182 times)

Offline thackney

Gasoline Crisis Paralyzes One of Every Seven Texas Stations
« on: February 25, 2021, 04:04:45 pm »
Gasoline Crisis Paralyzes One of Every Seven Texas Stations
https://news.yahoo.com/gasoline-crisis-paralyzes-one-every-171248368.html?_guc_consent_skip=1614208573
February 24, 2021

One in every seven Texas gas stations is without fuel a week after the historic freeze crippled refineries and trucking, prompting at least one major retailer in the second-largest U.S. state to seek outside help.

The number of filling stations and convenience stores with empty tanks reached 15% across the Lone Star state as of Wednesday morning, according to the Texas Food & Fuel Association and retail tracker GasBuddy. Shortages are most acute in Lubbock, El Paso and Odessa in West Texas, GasBuddy analyst Patrick DeHaan said in email.

After last week’s historic freeze crippled some of the continent’s largest oil refineries, diesel shortages and impassable roads halted or delayed fuel deliveries to many stations. A large tanker can haul about 10,000 gallons of fuel -- enough to fill 400 pickup trucks.

The Texas Food & Fuel Association urged motorists to show restraint and avoid “panic buying.”...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Gasoline Crisis Paralyzes One of Every Seven Texas Stations
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 04:12:02 pm »
Must be regional in nature.  No problems anywhere near here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 04:39:37 pm »
Must be regional in nature.  No problems anywhere near here.

I have seen several stations with plastic bags on the higher octane nozzles.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:35:43 pm »
The Texas Food & Fuel Association urged motorists to show restraint and avoid “panic buying.”...

I don't call it panic buying when I top off the tank this time of year.  I call it prudent.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington