Author Topic: Angry Democrat: ‘Unfortunate’ Joe Manchin Wields So Much Power  (Read 191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Angry Democrat: ‘Unfortunate’ Joe Manchin Wields So Much Power

Wendell Husebo 24 Feb 2021

Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY), who represents the urban city of Louisville, shot arrows at Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) for not being “representative of most of the country” and lamented his influence as a crucial swing vote in the U.S. Senate.

Manchin has often been a deciding vote in the Senate on legislation and nominations, and the moderate senator holds even more sway with the Senate now split 50-50 between Republicans and Democrats.

Yarmuth said it is “unfortunate” Manchin wields so much power, and that he comes from a “largely rural” and “mineral-producing state” that “is not particularly representative of most of the country.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/24/angry-democrat-unfortunate-joe-manchin-wields-so-much-power/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY), who represents the urban city of Louisville, shot arrows at Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) ...

Yarmuth said it is “unfortunate” Manchin wields so much power, and that he comes from a “largely rural” and “mineral-producing state” that “is not particularly representative of most of the country.”

Kentucky is "largely rural" and, being known for tobacco, bourbon, and thoroughbred race horses, "is not particularly representative of most of the country."  And I guess Rep. Yarmuth has never heard of "mineral producing" Kentucky locations like Muhlenberg County and Harlan.
James 1:20

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats having the Presidency,both houses, the Supreme courts and most States power, are victims i tell yah, victims of being down trodden for not having total dictatorial power.  8888crybaby Victims i tell yah! 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY), who represents the urban city of Louisville, shot arrows at Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) for not being “representative of most of the country” and lamented his influence as a crucial swing vote in the U.S. Senate.

Mr. Yarmuth needs a lesson in why there is a Senate in the first place.
The duty of Senators (at least as originally intended, I believe), was to represent the interests of their states.

They had no obligation to "most of the country" (i.e., "the rest of") outside of their own states.

Indeed the same principle applies to Mr. Yarmuth as well.
Does he truly represent the voters of his district?
If not, then who does he "represent"...?