Author Topic: Grassley says he'll decide this fall whether to run in 2022  (Read 177 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley says he'll decide this fall whether to run in 2022
« on: February 24, 2021, 07:18:22 pm »
Grassley says he'll decide this fall whether to run in 2022
By Tal Axelrod - 02/24/21 01:53 PM EST

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) on Wednesday said that he plans on deciding later this year whether to run for reelection in 2022 amid speculation that the 87-year-old may retire.

Grassley said on a call with Iowa reporters that he’d make his decision “sometime in September, October or November.”

"That's plenty of time to make up my mind," said Grassley, whose remarks were confirmed by his office. "And in the meantime, I've got a job working for Iowans. I love my work. I'm working hard."

Grassley has already served seven terms in the Senate is one of the oldest members of the upper chamber.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540326-grassley-says-hell-decide-this-fall-whether-to-run-in-2022
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Grassley says he'll decide this fall whether to run in 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 09:00:40 pm »
For crap sake, he'd be 89 when reelected.

We either need term limits or a mandatory retirement age.  This is getting absurd.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 11:30:57 pm »
He's ancient.

He should step down and allow a new MAGA candidate to win the primary for that Senate seat.

(Note that I did not say "his" seat, because elected office is never the property of the office holder, it's the property of the constituency.)
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 11:32:07 pm »
For crap sake, he'd be 89 when reelected.

We either need term limits or a mandatory retirement age.  This is getting absurd.

Remember how Traitor McCain stayed on until he died, screwing every American over with his yet-another-treasonous vote to protect MessiahCare?   
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 11:50:19 pm »
Slap a democrat label on him and he's good for another 100 years..doncha know?  The dead rule by the votes of the dead and the mentally dead.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions