Author Topic: Here Are The 4 Most Woke Films Nominated For The 2021 Golden Globes This Sunday  (Read 841 times)

Offline mountaineer

I know many of us couldn't care less what crap Hollywood churns out, but for those who might have caught a movie or two in the past year:
Here Are The 4 Most Woke Films Nominated For The 2021 Golden Globes This Sunday
2020 wasn't the greatest year in film, but it turned out to be a Godsend in light of the leftist propagandizing films nominated for The Golden Globes this year.
By Gabe Kaminsky
February 24, 2021

Last year, comedian Ricky Gervais was unafraid to mock the Hollywood elites at the 77th annual Golden Globes. From celebrities’ cushy relationship with the late Jeffrey Epstein, to James Corden’s emasculating role in “Cats,” to Apple, Amazon, and Disney’s reliance on Communist China, Gervais absolutely nailed it.
... “You say you’re woke...but if ISIS started a streaming service, you’d call your agent.” ...
... 2020 wasn’t the greatest year in film, but it turned out to be a Godsend in light of the woke, propagandizing, and mostly forgettable films nominated this year. Here are the four worst.

“The Trial of The Chicago 7” (Best Motion Picture, Drama)  ...

“The Prom” (Best Picture, Musical/Comedy) ...

“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm” (Best Picture, Musical or Comedy) ...

“Promising Young Woman” (Best Motion Picture, Drama) ...
Full article, with descriptions of the films, at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

The writer is probably right about the awfulness of the four woke flicks.
Nevertheless, he lists some other films that he categorizes as good flicks. I've seen "Knives Out" "Joker" and "The Irishman." They all stink.
"1917" was a good flick and "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" was okay. I count a good movie as one I'd like to see again. Maybe "1917" but that's about it for the movies listed in the article.
Overall in the last thirty years the quality of movies has markedly diminished. They weren't that great before the nineties, but I could usually count on ten-twenty movies movies a year worth watching.
Not anymore. Maybe one in one hundred movies today are worth watching.
I'm just a disgusting, old curmudgeon, so take my words for what they're worth. Maybe not much.

Offline mountaineer

"1917" was very good. We saw it in the theater and again on TV recently.

I'm a sucker for WWI movies, since my grandfather was mustard-gassed in France on Nov. 10, 1918.  :laugh:

Offline mikezpen

It was just a TV movie (made before 2020), but so was "Lost Battalion."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:46:35 pm by mikezpen »

Offline mountaineer

It was just a TV movie (made before 2020), but so was "Lost Battalion."
Is that the one with Rick Schroeder? It was excellent.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have next-to-zero interest in "modern" films.

Only exception was the recent "Mr. Jones", released in 2019, about British journalist Gareth Jones who traveled to the Soviet Union in 1933 and investigated the Holodomor (at the time when Walter Duranty was praising Stalin in the New York Times).

Worth your time to dig this one up.

BassWrangler

I know many of us couldn't care less what crap Hollywood churns out, but for those who might have caught a movie or two in the past year:... 2020 wasn’t the greatest year in film, but it turned out to be a Godsend in light of the woke, propagandizing, and mostly forgettable films nominated this year. Here are the four worst.

“The Trial of The Chicago 7” (Best Motion Picture, Drama)  ...

“The Prom” (Best Picture, Musical/Comedy) ...

“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm” (Best Picture, Musical or Comedy) ...

“Promising Young Woman” (Best Motion Picture, Drama) ...Full article, with descriptions of the films, at The Federalist

Happy to say that I've seen none of those.

Offline goatprairie

I have next-to-zero interest in "modern" films.

Only exception was the recent "Mr. Jones", released in 2019, about British journalist Gareth Jones who traveled to the Soviet Union in 1933 and investigated the Holodomor (at the time when Walter Duranty was praising Stalin in the New York Times).

Worth your time to dig this one up.
"Mr. Jones"  .....I want to see that one.
 I should  mention "The Death Of Stalin"  was a pretty good flick considering most of the main actors are liberals. No prettying up Stalin's history.  A black comedy with Steve Buscemi as Khruschev the main character in the movie.

BassWrangler

"Mr. Jones"  .....I want to see that one.
 I should  mention "The Death Of Stalin"  was a pretty good flick considering most of the main actors are liberals. No prettying up Stalin's history.  A black comedy with Steve Buscemi as Khruschev the main character in the movie.

yeah, that was pretty good - at least what I saw of it. I dozed off before the end.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I saw two of the movies listed above in the thread.

First, 1917.  I love war flicks, and with all the advertising, my hopes were high for this movie.  However, I thought it on the mediocre side of things.  Simple plot, and one too many scenes that did not scream realistic!  No way would I nominate it for an Oscar as best picture.

And last but not least, The Irishman.  Now in my 67 years, I have held The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea as my worst all time movie with Kris Kristofferson.  I love movies, and when I was in my 20s, I can honestly say that it took a lot for me to not like a movie.  With The Sailor... movie, I was so bored, I was falling asleep.  Never did that happen before...ever!  Kristofferson and the movie were the absolute worst!  But that movie has been supplanted with The Irishman.  The use of the word TRASH would be too kind.  Robert DeNiro playing a role of a 30 year old was incredulous.  This trio of arthritic riddled old farts, yes, DeNiro, Pacino and Pesci were horrendous.  I sure hope they got paid huge sums of money, for they have destroyed any fond thought I ever had for any of them as actors.  Utter TRASH.

DeNiro's sentiments in regard to Trump is forever fresh in my mind.  I literally threw out every movie I had in my DVD and VHS collection with him in it, which was a number of movies.  I will never attend a movie and pay one cent to see him in the theater.  Stinking Democommie pig!  And his performance in the movie and referring to him as a pig is an insult to pigs.

Hollywood's romance with these turds screams just how far they have fallen.  And the fact that this POS was nominated says everything about how awful Hollywood is today.  Trash city. 

Offline goatprairie

I saw two of the movies listed above in the thread.

First, 1917.  I love war flicks, and with all the advertising, my hopes were high for this movie.  However, I thought it on the mediocre side of things.  Simple plot, and one too many scenes that did not scream realistic!  No way would I nominate it for an Oscar as best picture.

And last but not least, The Irishman.  Now in my 67 years, I have held The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea as my worst all time movie with Kris Kristofferson.  I love movies, and when I was in my 20s, I can honestly say that it took a lot for me to not like a movie.  With The Sailor... movie, I was so bored, I was falling asleep.  Never did that happen before...ever!  Kristofferson and the movie were the absolute worst!  But that movie has been supplanted with The Irishman.  The use of the word TRASH would be too kind.  Robert DeNiro playing a role of a 30 year old was incredulous.  This trio of arthritic riddled old farts, yes, DeNiro, Pacino and Pesci were horrendous.  I sure hope they got paid huge sums of money, for they have destroyed any fond thought I ever had for any of them as actors.  Utter TRASH.

DeNiro's sentiments in regard to Trump is forever fresh in my mind.  I literally threw out every movie I had in my DVD and VHS collection with him in it, which was a number of movies.  I will never attend a movie and pay one cent to see him in the theater.  Stinking Democommie pig!  And his performance in the movie and referring to him as a pig is an insult to pigs.

Hollywood's romance with these turds screams just how far they have fallen.  And the fact that this POS was nominated says everything about how awful Hollywood is today.  Trash city.
Yeah, I remember that KK-sailor flick.  For one thing, Kristofferson is not much of an actor, and two, the movie really stank. A movie can be about anything except boring. Any movie, no matter how badly made, that holds my attention throughout the movie is a good movie.
Same thing with "The English Patient." When you keep waiting for something to happen or constantly look at your watch, you know you're watching a yawner.
At the other end of the spectrum some premium channel I subscribe to (Starz (?) had back to back "The French Connection" and "Day Of The Jackal." I've seen both movies umpteen times and never get tired of watching them again.

Offline mountaineer

@amuse    @amuse
46m
GOLDEN GLOBES: Celebrating #BlackHistoryMonth
 the Golden Globes organization is forced to admit they haven't had a single black member for two decades. Woke Hollywood is lily-white. #BlackLivesMatter
Feb 26, 2021 4:00pm PT
Golden Globes Former President Admits the HFPA Hasn’t Had Any Black Members in Two Decades
Clayton Davis
Variety

The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. is gearing up for its annual Golden Globes this Sunday and responding to criticism for failing to cultivate an inclusive and diverse membership body. The group doesn’t currently have any Black journalists among its 87-person membership. In fact, the organization hadn’t had a Black member since at least 2002, when former HFPA president and board chair Meher Tatna joined. ...
9:47 AM · Feb 27, 2021
:silly: