Author Topic: New Jersey public school teaches students that Islam is the ‘true faith,’ objections dismissed as ‘I  (Read 246 times)

rangerrebew

New Jersey public school teaches students that Islam is the ‘true faith,’ objections dismissed as ‘Islamophobia’

Feb 21, 2021 3:00 pm By Robert Spencer 28 Comments

Note that this egregiously unfair and biased article portrays all opposition to this indoctrination as “Islamophobia” and “xenophobia.” In reality, parents objected to Islam being taught as “the true faith.” There is nothing wrong with students learning about Islam in school, if what they’re taught is accurate. But it isn’t. Because of the overpowering influence of the multiculturalist ethos and fears of charges of “Islamophobia” and “racism,” public school materials on Islam and other religions are for the most part heavily biased, with scarcely a critical word about Islam, Muhammad depicted as a cross between Gandhi and Sheriff Andy Taylor, no mention of jihad or dhimmitude, and harsh criticism of Christianity.

“Schools teach about Islam – and are accused of indoctrination,” by Deena Mousa, Christian Science Monitor, February 19, 2021 (thanks to Darcy):

…Debates about values education have gone on for decades – often with considerable tension. Recently, much of the conflict has centered around how educators teach their students about Islam and Islamic values.

Students in Chatham Middle School in New Jersey undertake a World Cultures and Geography class in the seventh grade, including a unit on the Islamic faith in the context of the Middle East and North Africa. In January 2017, Libby Hilsenrath was reviewing her son’s schoolwork when she learned about the Islam-related unit.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2021/02/new-jersey-public-school-teaches-students-that-islam-is-the-true-faith-objections-dismissed-as-islamophobia

rangerrebew

It certainly doesn't meet separation of church and state laws. :pondering:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I am guessing this lady will soon be a former teacher.  Even the most "woke" School Board is not going to let a teacher singularly push a relegion in any form or fashion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.