Author Topic: THE DISGRACE OF SMITH COLLEGE  (Read 372 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

THE DISGRACE OF SMITH COLLEGE
« on: February 20, 2021, 01:26:35 am »
THE DISGRACE OF SMITH COLLEGE

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/02/the-disgrace-of-smith-college.php

Back in November I made brief mention of the case of Jodi Shaw, a student life coordinator at Smith College, the fancy women’s college in Massachusetts that counts among its alumna Nancy Reagan. Shaw, a Smith graduate herself who is a self-described liberal, got in trouble with the Smith College administration when she went public on YouTube with complaints about the blatantly racist so-called “anti-racism” programs and campus atmosphere that have been institutionalized at most colleges in recent months and years (see below).

Her basic message:

“I ask that Smith College stop reducing my personhood to a racial category. Stop telling me what I must think and feel about myself. Stop presuming to know who I am or what my culture is based upon my skin color. Stop asking me to project stereotypes and assumptions onto others based on their skin color.”

For this the president of Smith College, Kathleen McCartney, sent out a campus-wide note denouncing Shaw, and openly lamenting that labor laws prevented her (McCartney) from disciplining or firing Shaw for her wrongthink.

Apparently Smith was determined to force out Shaw, though, and offered her a financial settlement to leave that I am guessing included a non-disparagement clause, because Shaw turned it down, and has resigned instead, releasing the following letter that she allowed Bari Weiss to reprint, and we are happy to do so as well:

Her letter is longish and detailed, a picture of much of US academia.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Re: THE DISGRACE OF SMITH COLLEGE
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 03:09:26 am »
It's a rare college that isn't forcing this BS race stuff on staff, faculty and students.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 06:47:33 pm »
Truthfully,I have a hard time working up ANY sympathy for that bitch. After all,she is one of the people that created and supported the system she is now opposed to because SHE is the one being discriminated against.

BTW,I lost contact with a former best friend after he met and married a Smith College grad. The girl was and is communist to the core,yet grew up in DC in a restored colonial mansion with acreage. He.r father is a senior partner in one of the prime DC law firms. IF I even knew the name of the firm,I have forgotten it.

Her sister is a commie,also. Have no idea what she is doing now,but the last I heard of her she was living in some third world country promoting communism there under the flag of a peace organization.

Haven't seen or talked to her since her wedding,when I told her mother off for running her mouth about "white trash" and pissed on the hood of her Mercedes while threatening to slap the piss out of her if she touched me and reminding her that equal rights also  meant equal punishment. For some reason the woman took a dislike to me.

Her daughter once told me that "It's a damn shame you didn't grow up in the atmosphere with the advantages I had because you are maybe the smartest man I know,and you would have been one HELL of an activist lawyer for the poor!" I laughed at her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 08:12:34 pm »
Jodi Shaw Lives Not By Lies, Pays Price
Rod Dreher
February 19, 2021
Jodi Shaw, the brave Smith College whistleblower I interviewed last year when she began speaking out about the racially hostile, anti-white atmosphere at the elite liberal arts school, has resigned her position there ...

Here’s the letter Jodi sent to the school’s president:
... I can no longer continue to work in an environment where I am constantly subjected to additional scrutiny because of my skin color. I can no longer work in an environment where I am told, publicly, that my personal feelings of discomfort under such scrutiny are not legitimate but instead are a manifestation of white supremacy. Perhaps most importantly, I can no longer work in an environment where I am expected to apply similar race-based stereotypes and assumptions to others, and where I am told — when I complain about having to engage in what I believe to be discriminatory practices — that there are “legitimate reasons for asking employees to consider race” in order to achieve the college’s “social justice objectives.”

What passes for “progressive” today at Smith and at so many other institutions is regressive. It taps into humanity’s worst instincts to break down into warring factions, and I fear this is rapidly leading us to a very twisted place. It terrifies me that others don’t seem to see that racial segregation and demonization are wrong and dangerous no matter what its victims look like. Being told that any disagreement or feelings of discomfort somehow upholds “white supremacy” is not just morally wrong. It is psychologically abusive. ...
Jodi Shaw says she is taking Smith to court over all this. I hope Shaw hits Smith’s administration so hard with a lawsuit upside the head it makes their teeth rattle. In the meantime, she has to pay the rent and feed herself and her two kids. Unlike Jodi, Smith has very, very deep pockets. If you can help Jodi now, here’s a link to her Go Fund Me.

Please do! Shaw is extraordinarily brave, and she is fighting for many, many more people than herself. She refused a settlement offer from Smith to shut up and go away quietly. 
The American Conservative
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org