Author Topic: AOC Demonstrates a Callous Misunderstanding of Her Green New Deal in Tweets About Texas  (Read 398 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC Demonstrates a Callous Misunderstanding of Her Green New Deal in Tweets About Texas
By Jennifer Van Laar | Feb 17, 2021 5:30 AM ET

This morning there are more than 3.7 million people throughout the country without power – and some without water – and desperately trying to stay warm while those same swaths of the country experience the coldest temperatures they’ve had in decades. At least 21 people have died because of the storm, which has put 75 percent of the continental United States under snow cover. In many southern states the storm has left so much ice on the roads that those without power can’t safely travel to another place that might have power. And, another storm is supposed to hit Wednesday, continuing the burden on an overstressed and iced-over power grid.

The situation is so dire that some residents who have power or a little bit of charge left on their cell phone are hitting Twitter with desperate pleas for officials or even industry titans like Elon Musk to step in and save lives.

Enter Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-Bartender), with an extremely empathetic take on the situation.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
The infrastructure failures in Texas are quite literally what happens when you *don’t* pursue a Green New Deal.
11:00 PM · Feb 16, 2021

She followed up:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
Replying to @AOC
Weak on sweeping next-gen public infrastructure investments, little focus on equity so communities are left behind, climate deniers in leadership so they don’t long prep for disaster.

We need to help people *now.* Long-term we must realize these are the consequences of inaction.
11:07 PM · Feb 16, 2021

more
https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2021/02/17/aoc-demonstrates-a-callous-misunderstanding-of-her-green-new-deal-in-tweets-about-texas-n328284
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Texas invested heavily into the green new deal, causing rolling black-outs from unreliable energy sources like wind generators and solar power.  AOC is just engaging in stooge rhetoric her puppet masters pulling her strings and the voice behind her back.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Read the occasional-communist's comments above.
Then read this 3-line post I put up yesterday:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,428627.msg2381960.html#msg2381960

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Well said Fishrrman!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Dispatch by Jennifer Van Laar on Feb 17, 2021

AOC Shows She’s Delusional About Her Green New Deal In Tweets About Texas

In many southern states, the storm has left so much ice on the roads that those without power can’t safely travel to another place that might have power.

And, another storm is supposed to hit Wednesday, continuing the burden on an overstressed and iced-over power grid.

The situation is so dire that some residents who have power or a little bit of charge left on their cell phones are hitting Twitter with desperate pleas for officials or even industry titans like Elon Musk to step in and save lives.

Enter Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-Bartender), with an extremely empathetic take on the situation.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
The infrastructure failures in Texas are quite literally what happens when you *don’t* pursue a Green New Deal.
11:00 PM · Feb 16, 2021

Look, we know you hate Ted Cruz and pretty much everything associated with Texas, AOC.

But have you watched the coverage about the people who’ve died trying to keep warm? They’re single moms who tried to keep themselves and their child(ren) warm in a running car, and they all died together of carbon monoxide poisoning.

From the news stories I’ve seen, they’re not women enjoying white privilege. They’re the people you allegedly want to help. But you don’t want to give them a safe space to express their fear and tell their truth, much less do anything that would actually help.

Instead, you want to tsk-tsk the “climate deniers” and claim it’s their fault that there’s “inequity” in the suffering right now, and tweet that we need to help people, asterisk, now, asterisk. What does that even mean? What does that look like? Never mind.

More: https://climatechangedispatch.com/aoc-shows-shes-delusional-about-her-green-new-deal-in-tweets-about-texas/

Offline libertybele

She's the DEM's bat crap crazy liberal mental midget rising star.  Once Pelosi steps down, my fear is this is who is going to replace her.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll repeat exactly as I did on the other AOC thread on this matter.....

"This woman is dangerously stupid"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This  could cause her to lose Tarrant County.  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: