Author Topic: 'Doctors without Jobs' Bring Their Message to D.C.  (Read 235 times)

rangerrebew

'Doctors without Jobs' Bring Their Message to D.C.
« on: February 16, 2021, 05:45:12 pm »

'Doctors without Jobs' Bring Their Message to D.C.

Fri, Feb 12th 2021 @ 9:08 am EST  by  Eric Ruark
Over the last week of January, members of the group Doctors without Jobs came to Washington, D.C. to educate Members of Congress on their issue – that 6,570 U.S.-citizen medical school graduates in good standing are unmatched with residencies.

Without residency training, doctors can’t practice medicine, which means medical school graduates, many burdened with debt, are stuck in career limbo waiting for a residency match that may never come

As we pointed out last August, despite the claims made by many in the media, and by politicians who are pushing legislation that will expand the number of foreign doctors admitted into the country, there is no shortage of doctors in the United Sates.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/doctors-without-jobs-comes-dc-bring-attention-us-citizens-passed-over-residencies

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: 'Doctors without Jobs' Bring Their Message to D.C.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 06:38:02 pm »
Why is this in the Immigration forum?

That said, matching med school graduates with residencies is not a Federal function.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 07:08:25 pm »
Why is this in the Immigration forum?

That said, matching med school graduates with residencies is not a Federal function.
I believe it is here because importing foreign doctors is making it more difficult for the already graduated med students to get residency, and complete their certifications to be practicing MDs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 07:13:54 pm »
I wonder if any of those doctors have considered going out into flyover country to the smaller hospitals and doing their residency where it would do the most good?

Sure it's not the glamorous flashy type big city hospital setting...but there are small hospitals and communities all across America that need a good doctor to treat them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 07:40:31 pm »
I wonder if any of those doctors have considered going out into flyover country to the smaller hospitals and doing their residency where it would do the most good?

Sure it's not the glamorous flashy type big city hospital setting...but there are small hospitals and communities all across America that need a good doctor to treat them.

I didn't say it above, but I also suspect that a good many of those "Doctors without Jobs" are sans residencies due to their own various personal decisions/issues: turning down smaller hospitals; not applying to smaller and rural hospitals; not having the kind of grades large prestigious hospitals want their residents to have.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.