Author Topic: Graham: Lara Trump is biggest winner of impeachment trial  (Read 298 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: Lara Trump is biggest winner of impeachment trial
« on: February 15, 2021, 06:10:19 pm »
Graham: Lara Trump is biggest winner of impeachment trial
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 02/14/21 01:40 PM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) predicted former President Trump's daughter-in-law Lara Trump will benefit from his second acquittal in an impeachment trial this weekend. 

"The biggest winner of this whole impeachment trial is Lara Trump," Graham said on "Fox News Sunday." "My dear friend Richard Burr, who I like and have been friends to a long time, just made Lara Trump almost the certain nominee for the Senate seat in North Carolina to replace him if she runs, and I certainly will be behind her because she represents the future of the Republican Party.”

Burr, a Republican who is retiring, voted to convict former President Trump on Saturday on the sole article of inciting an insurrection on the U.S. Capitol earlier this year.

"The evidence is compelling that President Trump is guilty of inciting an insurrection against a coequal branch of government and that the charge rises to the level of high Crimes and Misdemeanors," Burr said in a statement Saturday. "Therefore, I have voted to convict."

The North Carolina GOP hours later condemned Burr, aligning itself with the former president. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538826-graham-lara-trump-is-biggest-winner-of-impeachment-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34