Author Topic: Coons: ‘We Need to Spend Months and Months’ on a 9/11-Style Commission on Capitol Hill Riots  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coons: ‘We Need to Spend Months and Months’ on a 9/11-Style Commission on Capitol Hill Riots

Pam Key 14 Feb 2021

Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that the Democrats need to “spend months and months unearthing all the evidence that can possibly be gotten to through a 9/11-style commission” on the Capitol Hill riots.

Partial transcript as follows:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Senator Coons, you just heard Congresswoman Dean right there on the necessity of a 9/11 Commission. You agree?

COONS: I do. George, this was a remarkable week. A powerful week. And I think the House managers, obviously Congresswoman Dean and Congressman Raskin and a very talented team put on an incredibly compelling and powerful case. But there’s still more evidence that the American people need and deserve to hear and a 9/11 Commission is a way to make sure that we secure the Capitol going forward and that we lay bare the record of just how responsible and how abjectly violating of his constitutional oath President Trump really was.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So there is more to learn. And you played a key role in working out the compromise accepted by the House managers on witnesses.

Walk us through the argument you made and what was going on in those couple of hours of confusion yesterday morning on the Senate floor.

COONS: Well, a number of senators promptly started talking to each other about what was the path forward with the unexpected request by the House managers for additional witnesses. And as lead manager Jamie Raskin recognized right after the trial, they could have had 500 more witnesses, it wasn’t going to change the outcome. Once Mitch McConnell made it clear he intended to acquit, even despite the compelling evidence, what the House managers needed wasn’t more witnesses or more evidence. What we all needed was more Republican courage.

I am grateful to Dr. Cassidy and the seven Republicans who joined with every Democrat in voting to convict President Trump. This was the most bipartisan verdict in American history, a strong rebuke to President Trump. But, frankly at the end of the day, the trial had reached its natural conclusion and I’m grateful for the terrific work the House managers did.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you wouldn’t — you don’t believe that a full trial, more witnesses, more documents giving a sense of what was going on inside the White House, would have better serve the cause of justice and accountability?

COONS: I do think that we need to spend months and months unearthing all the evidence that can possibly be gotten to through a 9/11-style commission. I, frankly, at that time did not think that spending months fighting over additional witnesses would have changed the outcome of this trial one bit. And the House managers agreed. Many senators were making that point that they had as many votes on the Republican side as were possible to get. Frankly, they got more than even I expected given if you look back a year, the impeachment trial of President Trump that happened a year ago, only one Republican voted to convict.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/14/coons-we-need-to-spend-months-and-months-on-a-9-11-style-commission-on-deadly-riots/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Dean: We Must Have a ‘Full Commission’ Investigate the ‘Insurrection’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/14/dem-rep-dean-we-must-have-a-full-commission-investigate-the-insurrection/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

These clowns are gonna try to drag this out for all four years of the new administration's tenure. They've got nothing else.

Online mountaineer

Anyone who believes there's some equivalence between the Sept. 11 attacks and the Capitol Hill riot needs to have his head examined. Also needs to be smacked upside that same head.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Anyone who believes there's some equivalence between the Sept. 11 attacks and the Capitol Hill riot needs to have his head examined. Also needs to be smacked upside that same head.
The public has already shown there are limits to its credulity where rat propaganda campaigns are concerned - none of their ploys to appreciably sway public opinion have worked so far.

And comparing 1/6 to 9/11 is the most ridiculous of all. This must be their plan to hold their lunatic base together.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 07:51:54 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

The Dems really do not get the First Rule of Holes: "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Get that little shit Mueller on the job.  He can drag it out 22 Months.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I daresay there are avenues here the Dems will certainly not wish to be found going down......

BCWYWF
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
This is democrats seeking a different avenue to go after Trump, expect more generated/invented evidence to surface AGAIN, like their was in this second impeachment and the four years Trump was in office.  These lock-steppers could have taught the Nazi's how to lock-step.
 :2popcorn:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Democrats have already wasted nearly a month that could have been spent finding ways to relieve the damage the whole COVID fraud has done, but they want this? More screwing off trying to find a way, ANY way to blame Trump when they had riots all year and he didn't have any? while Americans suffer further depredation? "Double masking?" Teacher's unions want to keep schools closed? More crap?

Oh yeah. Bugger them. Have at, while we ponder that YOU on Capitol Hill, OUR EMPLOYEES, just aren't getting your jobs done. While people consider that you lied again, manufactured "evidence", and didn't dare expose your "witnesses" to indictment for perjury.
We've been through all this BS and we can handle a little more, but they are wearing thin with people, and they're gonna need a hell of a lot more fraud next time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I would suggest a size 18 WWII combat boot

After all it's the closest you'll get to their brain.

Offline christian

Democrats using invented evidence like they have so many times in the past, want to set up public lynchings and call them justice.  Book burnings can't be far off!  Democrats take their old KKK lynchings and dust them off and get ready to use them today!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:39:29 am by christian »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They should also send this to McConnell ....  pointing-down  (I wonder if there will be a video of Pelosi ripping up *this*)

Breaking911
@Breaking911

JUST IN: Republicans have written a letter to Speaker Pelosi demanding answers as to why she denied a request to activate the NG ahead of Jan. 6, and why it took her over an hour while the attack was on-going to approve a request to authorize the NG

12:40 PM · Feb 15, 2021·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1361369725817782284

(Page 3 was not included in the tweet ....   pointing-up  )

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2

The ⁦@nytimes⁩ just retracted its January 8 report that claimed Brian Sicknick was killed by a Trump supporter using a fire extinguisher. Not only is the original story untrue, they lied about the anonymous sources linked to the story. My update here

The New York Times Retracts the Sicknick Story
In a quiet but stunning correction, the New York Times backed away from its original report that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick was killed by a Trump supporter wielding a fire extinguisher…
https://amgreatness.com/2021/02/14/the-new-york-times-retracts-the-sicknick-story/

3:06 PM · Feb 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/julie_kelly2/status/1361044062997016587

Offline skeeter

Get that little shit Mueller on the job.  He can drag it out 22 Months.

Given the crude phrasing of Coon's statement its obvious the goal is not so much 'unearthing evidence' as it is taking "months and months" to (allegedly) do it.

These idiots are so easy to read.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The GOP should welcome putting their case and questions in the record
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline christian

How well the democrats can visually fight against the very thing they took part in and supported..  They war against the rich, nobody is in bed with the rich like the democrats are. Democrats tell us how they fight Communism and blame Republicans for what the democrats do, but demorats sell us out to the Russians/Chinese.  Uranium, weapons technology, etc.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:28:49 am by christian »