Author Topic: Female Marine Recruits Arrive at San Diego Boot Camp for Historic Coed Training  (Read 717 times)

rangerrebew

Female Marine Recruits Arrive at San Diego Boot Camp for Historic Coed Training

10 Feb 2021
Military.com | By Gina Harkins

Sixty female recruits have arrived at the Marine Corps' all-male training site, where they'll complete boot camp in a coed company for the first time in the base's 100-year history.

About 450 men and women will spend the next three months training together at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego as part of Lima Company, 3rd Recruit Training Battalion, said Capt. Martin Harris, a spokesman for the training depot. The Marine Corps traditionally has trained women only at its East Coast training base in Parris Island, South Carolina.

The women arrived in San Diego on Wednesday, stepping off white buses and onto the iconic yellow footprints that mark the start of the training that transforms new recruits from civilians into Marines. Male and female drill instructors were there when the women and men arrived at the base.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/02/10/female-marine-recruits-arrive-san-diego-boot-camp-historic-coed-training.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What could possibly go wrong with this plan?

BTW,how many of you have no trouble visualizing a beach assault,with ramps of troop carriers dropping at or near the beach,with female Marines running into the water and assaulting the beachhead while carrying a full combat load?

Yeah,I can't either. More PC nonsense run amuck.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

BTW,how many of you have no trouble visualizing a beach assault,with ramps of troop carriers dropping at or near the beach,with female Marines running into the water and assaulting the beachhead while carrying a full combat load?
Will they leave the inevitable offspring aboard ship? Young men and women just doing what comes naturally, naturally.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

What could possibly go wrong with this plan?

Yeah,I can't either. More PC nonsense run amuck.

The proper order of things will eventually re-assert itself over all of this stupidity. The question is what will be the price in suffering when it does, and will the idiots who thinks its a good idea have to share some of it?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 02:27:47 pm by skeeter »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Will they leave the inevitable offspring aboard ship? Young men and women just doing what comes naturally, naturally.  *****rollingeyes*****
Absolutely true, in all verifiable test cases so far.
These women will wind up pregnant before they leave bootcamp.
These are typically 18 -19 year old kids. They can ejaculate just by the smell of a woman much less showering and sleeping next to them.
When the Navy went coed on ships in the late 80s, they had so many pregnancies they could not deal with it logistically.
When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, those soldiers were humping each other like rabbits.
The MPs caught them everywhere. In every closet, behind every tree, in the guard towers.
Anywhere that would provide even minimal cover there was likely a couple humping in, behind, or under it.
It was out of control.

More power to the loony Liberals and their fantasy world, but they are going to lose most of their female recruits in the first 6 months of service.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mikezpen

The fools running this country now don't care in the least about the effects this will have on military readiness. Many of them hate the military, anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The proper order of things will eventually re-assert itself over all of this stupidity. The question is what will be the price in suffering when it does, and will the idiots who thinks its a good idea have to share some of it?

@skeeter

Young females will get slaughtered,young men will die unnecessarily while trying to save them,and IF it ever becomes an issue in the press,it will all be blamed on Senior USMC officers. The politicians that forced this on them will sake away free and blameless.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sneakypete wrote:
"More PC nonsense run amuck."

No civilized nation sends women into combat.
It's that simple.

Yes, I know about Israel. In their case, they had such a small population vs. the amount of enemy surrounding them, and they had to use almost everyone they could get ahold of. Seems to me that they tried "women in combat roles", but then withdrew them, for what are of course the obvious rational reasons.

Online mountaineer

There are plenty of ways women can serve. Combat is not one of them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

To be fair, a story about my son.  He enlisted, went into aviation electronics, and served in Iraq and Afghanistan aboard the USS Bataan, an amphibious assault ship.  He completed his four years, went to college, and then reenlisted as an officer candidate.  This is the fairness.  Being a Navy school they had both Navy and Marines running the candidates.  They also had female Marines and if I were sitting on beach and saw those women coming ashore, I'd pick up my stuff and head for the hills.  These women were tough by male standards.  I'm serious.  A l-o-o-o-o-o-t tougher than the DI's I had in the Navy.  At my son's graduation, becoming a mustang, I watched these women and they were no joke.  Now I'm sure these women were the top of the elite and don't exist throughout the Corps, but women that strong and determined will not be a detriment in battle.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
To be fair, a story about my son.  He enlisted, went into aviation electronics, and served in Iraq and Afghanistan aboard the USS Bataan, an amphibious assault ship.  He completed his four years, went to college, and then reenlisted as an officer candidate.  This is the fairness.  Being a Navy school they had both Navy and Marines running the candidates.  They also had female Marines and if I were sitting on beach and saw those women coming ashore, I'd pick up my stuff and head for the hills.  These women were tough by male standards.  I'm serious.  A l-o-o-o-o-o-t tougher than the DI's I had in the Navy.  At my son's graduation, becoming a mustang, I watched these women and they were no joke.  Now I'm sure these women were the top of the elite and don't exist throughout the Corps, but women that strong and determined will not be a detriment in battle.

@rangerrebew

Yes,they will. For a couple of reasons. Unless they are steroid gym freaks,they are not as strong as men,and will NOT be capable of picking up a wounded 200 lb male soldier or marine with his web gear on,and running to cover with him.

Secondly,it is the nature of young men to try to protect young women,and this is a danger to both during an assault,as well as to the success of the assault.

rangerrebew

I wouldn't be the least surprised to learn these DIs at steroids like peanuts.  They looked that kind of hardened.  But your correct in saying most women couldn't pick up 200 lbs. of dead weight if they tried.  But I also know a lot of men who couldn't do that either.  As far as protecting young women, there were none aboard my ship until the last few months.  I felt no compulsion to help them in anyway.  If they were going to be in the military, they had to do at least what every other swinging d*ck had to do.  Yes, I might help a woman if I had time and her task was something she was capable of, but the emotions of wanting to jam one was not on my mind.  I hope all the women's lib liberalism has driven today's young men away from the emotional end.  But, I know the enticement is still there.  My son's ship, when it came home, had a hospital ship in tow to take care of the all the pregnancies. tri22